FM13 Rate My Regen Thread

PequenoGenio

What's so funny? That regen is 15 and already has attributes in double figures for marking, tackling, heading, jumping,, determination, teamwork, workrate and positioning. If he didn't turn out a world class defender at 25 under a human manager I'd be very surprised.

Look at the names....

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jack Deal is on the SI team and so has a regen named after him as part of his job, which is why he commented. You used to be able to type "faceinthegame" in the search bar a few seasons in and all the SI team who had a regen in the game, appeared.

Jack Deal is on the SI team and so has a regen named after him as part of his job, which is why he commented. You used to be able to type "faceinthegame" in the search bar a few seasons in and all the SI team who had a regen in the game, appeared.

Ah, I see now. Should have caught on with that one tbh as I already knew about faceinthegame, didn't even twig when I noticed the SI member had never posted on here till now.:o

Mind you in my defence every faceinthegame regen I've seen so far has been pretty rubbish and playing at a very low level, my excuse is that one actually looking like he is going to turn out great...and I'm sticking to it.:D

This 1st Newgen is a gem.

CA 110 PA 200 (already gone up by 2 since I bought him)

image001lx.jpg

This 2nd Newgen isn't as good but should still turn out very decent. Both players are 5 star potential. Could of sworn the 2nd guy was 4.5 star potential when I bought him, oh well.

CA 100 PA 177

image002vqc.jpg

You can still do that :)

I've found that generally speaking, the top regens are extremely expensive although Brazilian ones tend to be cheaper.

priclesoverviewprofile3.png

tavaresoverviewprofile2.png

Got these two together at the same time both from Sao Paulo, £6M and £5.5M. Both already had really good attributes when they joined in the 14/15 season (especially Pericles).

rgisoverviewprofile.png

fbiooverviewprofile.png

Other cheap Brazilians who aren't in the first team yet but probably will be some time in the future.

Regis was £800k, Fabio was £725k.

alijabasicoverviewprofi.png

jonflixoverviewprofile.png

gustavotrijuequeovervie.png

yannicbeierleoverviewpr.png

stefanobaldassarrioverv.png

Then I really had to spend for European regens. Basic was £30.5M, Felix was £27.5M, Trijueque was £24.5M and Beierle was a comparatively cheap £17.5M. Baldassarri was only £3.5M from Inter although he isn't on the same level as the others at the moment, he'll have a decent chance of making it in around 3 or 4 years I reckon.

I've found that generally speaking, the top regens are extremely expensive although Brazilian ones tend to be cheaper.

priclesoverviewprofile3.png

tavaresoverviewprofile2.png

Got these two together at the same time both from Sao Paulo, £6M and £5.5M. Both already had really good attributes when they joined in the 14/15 season (especially Pericles).

rgisoverviewprofile.png

fbiooverviewprofile.png

Other cheap Brazilians who aren't in the first team yet but probably will be some time in the future.

Regis was £800k, Fabio was £725k.

alijabasicoverviewprofi.png

jonflixoverviewprofile.png

gustavotrijuequeovervie.png

yannicbeierleoverviewpr.png

stefanobaldassarrioverv.png

Then I really had to spend for European regens. Basic was £30.5M, Felix was £27.5M, Trijueque was £24.5M and Beierle was a comparatively cheap £17.5M. Baldassarri was only £3.5M from Inter although he isn't on the same level as the others at the moment, he'll have a decent chance of making it in around 3 or 4 years I reckon.

I got this guy from Fluminense for £1.6 million

Romrio_OverviewProfile.png

and this guy for free.

AleksandarConic_OverviewAttributes-2.png

There are bargains out there if you look hard enough.

What's so funny? That regen is 15 and already has attributes in double figures for marking, tackling, heading, jumping,, determination, teamwork, workrate and positioning. If he didn't turn out a world class defender at 25 under a human manager I'd be very surprised.

Any idea how i should train him? I've always been awful at training defenders, only good at wingers to be honest.

Any idea how i should train him? I've always been awful at training defenders, only good at wingers to be honest.

I completely ignore training on this version except match prep. Imo they've completely killed player development training on this version and I won't be touching it as long as it's implemented the way it currently is as I feel there's no way of knowing what's going to be the effect of anything you do with it.

And I thought that the 'faceinthegame' regens could only be awful :p

Here are quite a lot of regens:

sebastiocarlosoverviewp.png

After seeing its high stats for such a young age, I managed to buy him for a paltry $675k, thanks to Brazil's release fee clauses. He's not at the club yet, but he's going to replace Caruzzo as my third-choice defender as soon as he arrives

diegovilchesoverviewpro.png

Vilches is yet another regen I bought as soon as I could yet he's not at the club yet as he's a foreigner and he's under 18. Despite the fact I have Mauricio Pereyra and Leandro Paredes as my playmakers, why not having a third playmaker? :p

nicolsanchetaoverviewpr.png

Ancheta, unfortunately, is a failed project: Despite his high determination and very high technical stats, everything else made his performances disappointing. As soon as Zenit offered $12M for him, I accepted

hernngarcaoverviewprofi.png

Not the best thing out there, but he's meant to replace Pillud as my second-choice Right Back, and will be the first-choice Right Back if Matías Romero is sold

nicolsdauwalderoverview.png

The only problem Dauwalder has is that the other strikers in the team are way too good. He may leave in a few years, but I'd rather wait and see how he develops

nelsondelfinooverviewpr.png

Competition with Pereyra, Paredes and Vilches is not easy for him, but I'm sure he'll do well

fernandovillagraovervie.png

He will have problems with other players in his position, much like Delfino - Tagliafico and Bittolo are my first-team Left Backs. I think he will do better as a Left Midfielder

juanignaciobattagliaove.png

Yes, you guessed it - between my own youngsters and all the regens I spot and buy, I may have an extremely powerful team in a few years, with a lot of top-division first-team players and a lot of youngsters with a very high potential

juanpabloleichnerovervi.png

He inexplicably chose Partizan over Boca! No one on his mind would choose that!

germnfernndezveirasover.png

He was just bought from River (The uruguayan one!). Good attacking stats give me the feeling that he will replace Guillermo 'Pol' Fernández in a few years

horaciodelbonooverviewp.png

I got him on a free transfer from Newell's, but I regret that. His great stats are wasted because of his 15 Eccentricity

Stay tuned because here are my three best regens:

rodrigoguerraoverviewpr.png

In terms of development, he's my #1 regen. He's only slightly worse than my best player in Manchester City at my FM12 save. Great stats for the Primera A, and he's only rated 3.5 stars! Oh, and I forgot to say I got him on a free transfer from Defensor Sporting

silviolpezoverviewprofi.png

My #2 regen. I got him from Instituto for $3.8M. While I thought he was rather expensive at first, I'm sure he'll be better than Guerra. Oh, and despite his stats, he's only rated 2 stars!

emilianosanzoverviewpro.png

He's my #1 regen in terms of potential. He's only turned 16 yet he's rated 5 stars by Argentina's scout. I hope I can retain him during his entire career... I want to have a World Class striker at my team!

Saw this lad at Dundee United and had to buy him, this screen is 2 years after he joined the club and has been given a lot of substitute games as i went through Scottish Division 1, starting the SPL i switched over to a much more attacking formation with 3 strikers rather than 1 and he has shone.

QPZfx.png

This lad came through the youth ranks and without a doubt topped anything that ever came out of them in my 15+ year Rangers save in FM12. He has played consistently since division 2 and has 66 goals to his name in just over 2 and a half seasons.

cBp11.png

Right, need some advice on what price people would stop trying to get this kid for... Noticed him when one of my scouts practically creamed himself after scouting France, i decided to try and play the long game by loaning him over successive seasons (this being the first 6 month stint of that plan) and hope to either get him to sign a contract eventually or to get him loyal enough that he would push for a move to be made.

TjxzY.png

CS4Xb.png

He has already surpassed my main AMC who is 6 years his elder and he seems to have no trouble with life in Scotland. I want him but i want to know how far i should be willing to bid for him, i have a tendency of going a bit overboard on regen spending.

Right, need some advice on what price people would stop trying to get this kid for... Noticed him when one of my scouts practically creamed himself after scouting France, i decided to try and play the long game by loaning him over successive seasons (this being the first 6 month stint of that plan) and hope to either get him to sign a contract eventually or to get him loyal enough that he would push for a move to be made.

TjxzY.png

CS4Xb.png

He has already surpassed my main AMC who is 6 years his elder and he seems to have no trouble with life in Scotland. I want him but i want to know how far i should be willing to bid for him, i have a tendency of going a bit overboard on regen spending.

Tbh with those attributes at that age I'd spend my entire budget whatever it is to get that guy in my team. As long as his team-work work-rate and strength are improved he looks like he really should be turning out world class barring any long term injuries.

Tbh with those attributes at that age I'd spend my entire budget whatever it is to get that guy in my team. As long as his team-work work-rate and strength are improved he looks like he really should be turning out world class barring any long term injuries.

Figured i would try my luck and bid £4m for him over 4 years (only had £2m budget) and Lille came back with a negotiated bid of 1.6m up front and 2.4 over 4 years with a 40% sell on fee. I got them to drop the 40% future fee, the contract went smoothly as well with the young lad only wanting 28k a month.

So just waiting on him accepting the contract offer now.

F86784AF71ABB7B89A56245957C00848D6D386B3

AAE5735890732B422157EC0C8E39284757575E82

two class prospects. the first looks very well rounded at such a young age and with the right tutoring (Sandro/Parker) will develop brilliantly. The second probably won't be tutored because his determination is perfect and I don't think it's worth toying with. He excites me greatly, especially with some of those stats. I need to focus on his physicals a lot, though.

both are 5*PA according to my coaches, so that's great.

Figured i would try my luck and bid £4m for him over 4 years (only had £2m budget) and Lille came back with a negotiated bid of 1.6m up front and 2.4 over 4 years with a 40% sell on fee. I got them to drop the 40% future fee, the contract went smoothly as well with the young lad only wanting 28k a month.

So just waiting on him accepting the contract offer now.

I'd say you've got yourself a bargain with that deal considering the amounts a lot of clubs seem to be asking for high potential young regens on FM13.

screenshot20121122at165.png

What do you guys think? I'm surprised his value hasn't gone up a lot more.

He's already almost a perfect poacher by the looks of it and plenty of time to improve even further, I'd have him in the 'sign at any cost' category'.

If you sign him I'd get him working on his first touch as thats the only poacher key attribute he's lacking in and he should destroy defences for you.

Posted this in the Juventus thread, but didn't get a response. What do you guys think?

I recently started up a Juve save. Currently still in pre-season and my head of youth development found me this player :

WouterVonk_OverviewProfile.png

What do you guys think I should do with him? I'm sceptical about whether he can be developed into a top striker, but I do think he could be re-trained to play another position.

Posted this in the Juventus thread, but didn't get a response. What do you guys think?

Retrain him to CM and use him as an advanced playmaker support and have him train in that role. He just needs a couple of points on his passing, creativity and flair and he should do a great job for you there, he's still quite young and fairly determined so with games and the right training he should turn out pretty good in that role and duty.

He's definitely lacking in a lot of key areas for a striker, perhaps re-train to central midfield? He could be a boss there I would say.
Retrain him to CM and use him as an advanced playmaker support and have him train in that role. He just needs a couple of points on his passing, creativity and flair and he should do a great job for you there, he's still quite young and fairly determined so with games and the right training he should turn out pretty good in that role and duty.

Thanks for the responses, pretty much what I was also thinking :)

dibiasi.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Not my regen yet but will be doing everything I can to sign him in the transfer window. Training tips welcome

Would need to get a lot better in the air if I was going to use him as a defensive full back, natural progression with games and full back position training I would think see him turn out to be very good as an attacking full back or wing back in a back 5. Would be tempted to retrain him to LM so his low aerial abilty attributes aren't as much of a liability, I'd probably use him as a defensive winger providing you can get him to improve in dribbling, decisions, teamwork and work rate.

Archived