FM13 Beta- Training Intensity

Is there anyway to lower training for a specific, such as an injury prone, player? There seems to be no way to do it. Also is there a way to train a player in a specific position AND increase a specific attribute? For example would be Carl Jenkinson who has terrible defensive stats in the game so I put him on central defender training but at the same time I would like to have him train his crossing. Or training Walcott to be a better winger but also focusing on his finishing. I can't do this in FM13.

Also out of curiosity, if I get my striker to focus train on finishing for example, what does his 'main' training regime default to? I am guessing it defaults to the general training and whatever you set that to. But wouldn't that make his core attributes suffer just because I want my striker to finish a bit better? Can anyone please shed light on this? Perhaps a way around it or an explanation why it is the way it is. I'd be very grateful.

I really like the new training system but I want to be able to focus on a individual role and a specific attribute and be able to look after my injury prone players.

Or you could just train him as a full back which will increase his defensive attributes anyway...

No way to lower it for a specific injury prone player that I have seen no. Just don't go giving him any extra training, don't give the team high physical training.

Your team training could be attacking, which would increase Walcott's crossing, creativity etc, but you can individually focus on Walcott's finishing. The main regime is the team training and match preparation.

No. I want to increase his defensive attributes at a faster pace at the expense of his attacking attributes. I will sacrifice his progress in crossing in order to improve his defensive attributes and mostly his tactical awareness. Just wish I could also work on a individual attribute.

In regards to the injury prone player thing, I don't think you can give a player extra training in the sense that you can't lower it either. Your player will train 100% and you can divide that total up with other activities but you cannot go below or above 100%. Also I find it ridiculous you would have to have your team on attacking training just to increase an attacking player's individual attribute. I personally like playing defensive direct football which requires my attackers to have high technical attributes.

You can no longer sacrifice attributes and re-distribute the points elsewhere. SI felt this wasn't realistic hence the new training set up :(

You can work on an individual attribute though, you can still use individual focus.

Thanks llama3. Your posts are always ace.

Also I hear you Cleon. The training system will take some getting used to and the whole thing gives you less control but I do feel it is a good first draft in the new direction. Hopefully SIgames can improve on it and find a happy (hopefully for me at least =) medium between realism and control.

Thanks for the help big daddy but I wasn't looking for a specific training strategy. I always have in mind how I want my team and club set up. I was just hoping there was a part of the training system I missed that allowed me to go a bit more indepth.

Archived