FM 13 Cardiff City Thread

Finished 12th in my first season in charge! Happy with that.

Ledley was an inspired signing winning fans player of the year just ahead of the brilliant Caulker.

Squad was exposed to lack of quality in depth when mutch, cornelius, ledley and taylor were all injured at the same time.

As a result i am looking to get rid of as much of the average players as possible, and looking to bring in some free transfers and some shrewd signings.

A combined transfer fee of £3m has seen me bring in Bent and Mariga so far who i feel definitely improve my squad

Transfers pretty much done and very happy with the strength i've added for a combined total of £5m

padt - £2m

ambrose - £3m

diogo - free

wuytens - free

wooton - free

estigarriba - free

also, i've managed to offload:

mcnaughton

connolly

maynard

velikonja

and hoping to get Lappin, Noone and Kiss to follow them out of the door

Finished my first season in the BPL last night, finishing an incredible 6th. For a long time I was sat in 2nd, not quite sure how I got there. Played a counter attacking tactic with emphasis on possesion (I know it sounds a little contradictory). Came apart at the seams a little towards the end of the season but I was pretty happy with that considering I had a core group of players and when a few injuries crept in along with some tiredness it was natural to not be able to sustain it.

As the season ended, I took a look at transfer-listed players willing to join and lo and behold at the top of that list was Isco. Thought it'd be worth a punt and I put in a bid matching his release clause and voila he's now a Cardiff player. Can't quite believe it, but we'll see how he does in the 2nd season. Also brought in Danny Wilson for depth and Fabio.

Second season will be another building one, I'm trying to introduce my youth and take control more of games.

Archived