FM 2013 Individual Training Time

Does time spent on individual training reduce the time spent on general training as it did on FM 2012, or is individual training time entirely separate? This isn't made clear from the game or the training tutorial.

We know that match preparation takes 0% to 50% of time from general training depending on how the slider is set, which is the same as it was on FM 2012. Also, the relative time spent on individual focus, new position training and preferred move training is the same as it was on FM 2012 (individual focus was 10%, new position training 10% and preferred move training 20%, and relative to each other these have not changed).

But what I would like to know is whether each type of individual training takes time away from general training or whether it just reduces the time spent on the other types of individual training. So for example, if I give a player an attribute to focus on, does this take time away from his general training? If I then train him in a new position, does this take time from general training as well, or does it instead share the player's designated individual training time and so take time away from his attribute focus?

I think this is important when deciding how individual training will affect a players training as a whole, particularly when preparing new tactics and therefore having match preparation training set at a high level.

You either set a player on training for his position (Poacher for example) OR focusing on one attribute. If you set him to train an attribute, he is doing no training for his position at all which is quite frankly, ridiculous.

As far as general training (Attacking, Defending, Fitness etc) then I have no idea as everything seems hidden in FM2013.

In FM2012 we had this great little tab. Why they saw fit to do away with it, I have no clue.

martinolssontrainingove.jpg

I know. Sorry, that's not what I was asking. I'm asking if individual training takes away time spent by the player on his general team training.

General training can be set from very low to very high so I assume that takes priority then whatever time is left is all spent on individual training.

If you set him to train an attribute, he is doing no training for his position at all which is quite frankly, ridiculous.

As I understand it, players do train in their position by default in general training. But if you give them individual training in a role then they will do extra training in the attributes required for that role, in a similar way to individual focus on a single attribute on FM 2012. If you train them in a single attribute, this will again be in addition to their positional training which is done in general team training.

But it still isn't clear where the time on individual training actually comes from. Is it taken from the general training? Or does it have its own designated time? If it is the latter, then surely a player with no individual training set is actually spending less time training than other players who are having individual training.

General training can be set from very low to very high so I assume that takes priority then whatever time is left is all spent on individual training.

Surely this is equivalent to the workload for training schedules in FM 2012, so doesn't affect training time itself. That tab you showed is what I am on about - the actual time spent on each type of training. The intensity setting doesn't affect the time, just the workload.

As I understand it, players do train in their position by default. But if you give them individual training in a role then they will do extra training in the attributes required for that role, in a similar way to individual focus on a single attribute on FM 2012.

But it still isn't clear where the time on individual training actually comes from. Is it taken from the general training? Or does it have its own designated time? If it is the latter, then surely a player with no individual training set is actually spending less time training than other players who are having individual training.

How do players "know" what their position is unless you set them to train for that position? I have Martin Olsson who can play as FB, WB, ML, AML. I use him as a FB. How does he know to train as a FB unless I set his individual training to FB? They can only train there if you set it in training as far as I can see.

As for your second point, I'm as clueless as you :thup:

How do players "know" what their position is unless you set them to train for that position? I have Martin Olsson who can play as FB, WB, ML, AML. I use him as a FB. How does he know to train as a FB unless I set his individual training to FB? They can only train there if you set it in training as far as I can see.

Good point. If you remember on FM 2012, players were automatically assigned to a schedule for goalkeepers, defenders, midfielders or forwards, and more versatile players were put on a general schedule. I believe that is what is happening in the background, while the intensity setting for general training simply changes the workload of these schedules (but not the time spent on them). Individual focus, both single attribute and role, give extra training in one or a group of attributes. But I wonder if this still takes time from the default schedules in the same way as it did before.

The bulk of your player's training is simply general training.

General training can be set to Attacking or Defending. Why would I want everyone in my squad, including my defenders to spend the bulk of his time working on attacking? Or my strikers spending the bulk of their time on defending?

It still isn't clear how the training time is divided. I mentioned that I feel I have far less control over training in this new system and I hate it.

Archived