How to get rid of a player?

mister_gall

So, I was messing around and saw Pavel Nedved was available as a free agent. I had Just been promoted to the Championship and because I had cleard out the other dead wood the board allowed me to offer him 80k and a 25% annual pay rise. I was sure he wouldnt sign and went on hols for 2 weeks. While away he accepted and signed. I got promoted to the prem and he says he is retiring at the end of his contract next year but I want rid now and he wont leave. Any tricks. He is in the under 18 squad and training with them but he wont leave by mutual termination and board keeps blocking his release.

Yep, nothing you can do unfortunately. Doubt if anybody will buy him with his ridiculously high wages. And also, doubt if anybody will want him on loan even. But give it a go none-the-less.

I know he's getting on but he's still pretty handy to have around. He's very versatile so give him some games off the bench and he could be useful for you especially if you dont have a very big squad.

Use him as a back-up like hulk said... very handy player,

i had Davids in my team for a season but i only offered him a 1year contract and when i didn't renew he just left, on his terms.

but was very handy, started every Euro game averaged about 7.1 or something

I don't think you'll be able to sell him - no club would really want him.

I'd keep him and use him to pass on traits to your youngsters - he has good ones to pass onto youngsters. If he doesn't get games, eventually he might consider wanting to move, but if he's "Happy to see out the remainder of his contract with the club", then I doubt it.

Archived