fm 13 difficulties. easy start with liverpool?

Has anyone else started with liverpool?

Ive found it to be relatively easy for me so far. i am in november. league stands as, won 6 drawn 5 joint top of the league with man city? but not even been close to a defeat really?

has anyone else had simular with differant clubs or liverpool?

Dan

I'm having easily my worst start I can ever remember in any previous version. Playing as Aston Villa and currently 1-3-7. A game has not gone by that at least 1 goal isn't scored against me on a volley from a cross, so frequent it seems like a bug to me.

My poor form might have to do with the fact that, just like in real life, I don't like the majority of the team and brought in several new faces. Something I've done in all previous versions but perhaps this year team cohesion has more of an impact.

i'm arsenal on mine and i'm realy struggling, it annoys me because i know i have a good team, i was losing alot then holidayed a month because i wondered if it was the ME, funny enought i won all of those games inc a 5-1 win over city

I can defend crosses. Its your tactics, your full back are too high up, dragging your cbs wide. Not good. ME is actually really good. Looks really realistic

It's people like you that are the running jokes in the community. You are basically saying that having a requirement to have FB's on defend duty is OK and realistic? Attacking full backs don't exist in your 'realistic' world?

It's people like you that are the running jokes in the community. You are basically saying that having a requirement to have FB's on defend duty is OK and realistic? Attacking full backs don't exist in your 'realistic' world?

No they don't and it's also impossible to play a high defensive line with offside trap, we all know this never works for no team.

I had an absolute nightmare with PSG. 7th in the league in March even after signing Llorente (who was awful! 8 goals in 36 games). Got sacked for the first time in as long as I can remember. Annoying as I can't seem to get to grips with the defensive mechanisms in this years' game. The opponents seemed to run past my defence at will.

Im having a very mixed season with Liverpool, lost to Norwich 5-1 beat Arsenal 3-1 beat Man City 3-2 lost to QPR 2-0 and im out of the europa league in the group stage. And Suarez want to leave because he thinks im being unfair with him (i can't get him to score)

Results feel so random which doesn't help. One minute I'll beat Arsenal 5-1 then I'll lose to Anderlect 4-1 then I'll draw 4-4 with West Brom then I'll beat Zenit 7-2. It feels like every attacking player in FM is world class and every defender is a middle aged fat bloke.

I'm Liverpool and top by 4 points with 3 games left. I was ******* leage at feb over 9 points clear but my formation suddenly started leaking goals.

I have a defensive, rigid base with a 4-1-4-1 formation focusing on solid foundations and counter attacking wingers.

Borini is a 5 STAR PLAYER which I find comical.

Relatively easy first season win.

6th in February with Saints, doing ok and only about 4 points off a Champions league game but I think my form will be dipping soon as my players are getting knackered and I have a small squad.

You can have attacking full backs and still protect against the crossing problems with the match engine, I've had Clyne on 'support' all season and I have played an attacking mindset with fluid. You also should only ever play a high line if you have the defenders to do it, they need pace, and excellent positioning.

One of the keys to stop the crossing problems is width, you need to play wider than you usually do because it's the back 4 being too close together that is causing a lot of the problems it means that there are no players either near the winger crossing or the one at the back post. Also remember that the AI suffers from the same problem as much as you and you can take advantage of it.

Another thing I will add is that morale, team cohesion are absolutely critical still. So through your first 5 or 6 games do your best to avoid losing or getting hammered, make sure you praise good performances through teamtalks, private chats and press conferences. Be as positive as possible even with poor results to keep the squad's morale up, a team meeting is a good way of getting a morale boost if things aren't going well. Try to have only a couple of formations at first and not to change them too much, especially if you have made quite a few signings as well, it takes time for your team to get used to you, your tactics and each other so you need to get through this initial period (don't forget training for cohesion and tactics as well as match preparation can help with players being familiar with tactics and other players)

Sacked before christmas with Spurs ! The lowest I've ever been whilst playing any Footbal Manager ! I did come in and try and implement my own 3-4-3 with practically a new team of players considering I brought a few in along with those already new ! Incidentally, Borini was top scorer in that save with Suarez just one behind him hmmmmm.

Surprised you're doing so well as Liverpool, on my first attempt I was knocked out of the Europa League at the qualifying stage, and out of the Carling Cup in my first game. in 10 games in the Prem I lost 8 and drew 2, and was sacked on 11th November sitting bottom of the Premiership - probably the worst few months I've ever had playing football manager.

Have restarted and trying various tactics/formations, currently have made it to 22nd November, so slightly better than last time, but still bottom of the Prem with a record of 2W 3D 7L.

Finding it unbelievably hard!!!

Thanks for the lovely reply saying I am the running joke. I was saying, by having attacking fullbacks, it brings in an extra problem of wingers getting beyond and putting the crosses in. Tactics are changeable you know, you can analyse and adapt. "oooo my one wonder tactic cant stop crossing, wahhhhheh."

Highlight the problem and change it. Wingers getting the crosses in, play a deeper line, change your marking, make your fullbacks less attacking.

In real life, if you can show me attacking full backs, I will show you a defence which concedes a fair amount of their overall goals from those areas.

I'm having an "easy" start with Man Utd, ten games to go and sitting top of the League by eight points. All the "top" teams have been knocked out of the FA & Champions League so I reckon I have a good chance at the Treble or at least double! Not bothered signing anyone so far, getting Llorente on a free in the Summer tried signing Fellani from Everton but he moved to Arsenal instead.

Thanks for the lovely reply saying I am the running joke. I was saying, by having attacking fullbacks, it brings in an extra problem of wingers getting beyond and putting the crosses in. Tactics are changeable you know, you can analyse and adapt. "oooo my one wonder tactic cant stop crossing, wahhhhheh."

Highlight the problem and change it. Wingers getting the crosses in, play a deeper line, change your marking, make your fullbacks less attacking.

In real life, if you can show me attacking full backs, I will show you a defence which concedes a fair amount of their overall goals from those areas.

Chelsea have attacking full backs. Ivanovic and Cole appear to play most of their football in the final third. Baines at Everton gets forward when ever possible. I wouldn't say either Chelsea or Everton concede many goals in general.

The problem is that if 90% of goals are coming from crosses it is dictating what tactics you can play. It's nothing to do with not being able to adapt. If I want to play a narrow 433 I am at a distinct disadvantage to the AI who are putting in cross after cross and scoring plenty. The previous ME was not ideal either as wingers were too ineffective. It's just gone too far the other way

Im having it quite easy so far. I won Serie B With Verona and had a run to the semifinal in the cup. Verona is now leading Serie A (8 pts to second after 17 games) as newcomer having 3.5m transfer budget. Im playing 4-4-2 with ML and AMR assymetric with counter attacks, direct passing, low laying fullbacks, very fluid, control, no offside traps. As we all know most goals come from crosses, especially to the far post. It´s the same for me since I focus on the flanks. Playing against wingless teams is very easy, even if they are named Lazio or Napoli.

I noticed people whine on conceding and scoring too much. The first season I focused entirely on defensive training and ended up with 78-36 goal difference (+42) in 42 games. Im doing the same philosophy in Serie A, which is clearly tougher, therefor my 1.8 goals per game and 1.2 conceded seem pretty normal for me.

ive just joined this forum for the 1st time and the reason is im really dissapointed in this release. ive been a ridiculously addicted member of the fm family like play 60-70 days over the course of the year each one is out.

1. Far too many goals finished 9th with west brom in first season having conceded 70 goals but scored 80?????

2. 2nd season all of a sudden had ridiculous amounts of disallowed goals like 7 in first 10 games and seemed to concede every time they had a shot on target and i signed shawcross who is immense on the past 3 fm's. no reason for the poor form as did every thing the same bar add shawcross and pedro leon.

3. why does it not allow me to choose which coaches to do what e.g attacking, defending etc every time i do this it automatically reverts back to original settings once i press continue.

Chelsea have attacking full backs. Ivanovic and Cole appear to play most of their football in the final third. Baines at Everton gets forward when ever possible. I wouldn't say either Chelsea or Everton concede many goals in general.

The problem is that if 90% of goals are coming from crosses it is dictating what tactics you can play. It's nothing to do with not being able to adapt. If I want to play a narrow 433 I am at a distinct disadvantage to the AI who are putting in cross after cross and scoring plenty. The previous ME was not ideal either as wingers were too ineffective. It's just gone too far the other way

The game has been out how long? In beta? Don't play a narrow 433 if you are conceding too many goals with it. Simple solution. If you have your fullbacks attacking and they're whipping in easy crosses because of it, seems like Pacman is right......... Stop letting your fullbacks neglect their defensive responsibililties.... they are defenders afterall. Yes, many clubs do have fullbacks who attack, but they also get back to defend and stop wingers, etc from having an easy day. And again... game just out, in beta...

ive just joined this forum for the 1st time and the reason is im really dissapointed in this release. ive been a ridiculously addicted member of the fm family like play 60-70 days over the course of the year each one is out.

1. Far too many goals finished 9th with west brom in first season having conceded 70 goals but scored 80?????

2. 2nd season all of a sudden had ridiculous amounts of disallowed goals like 7 in first 10 games and seemed to concede every time they had a shot on target and i signed shawcross who is immense on the past 3 fm's. no reason for the poor form as did every thing the same bar add shawcross and pedro leon.

3. why does it not allow me to choose which coaches to do what e.g attacking, defending etc every time i do this it automatically reverts back to original settings once i press continue.

You should post this in the general feedback thread for the beta release as it doesn't really relate to the topic in this thread.

The game has been out how long? In beta? Don't play a narrow 433 if you are conceding too many goals with it. Simple solution. If you have your fullbacks attacking and they're whipping in easy crosses because of it, seems like Pacman is right......... Stop letting your fullbacks neglect their defensive responsibililties.... they are defenders afterall. Yes, many clubs do have fullbacks who attack, but they also get back to defend and stop wingers, etc from having an easy day. And again... game just out, in beta...

The beta excuse is a poor one, the game should have been tested a LOT before this public beta released.. or have they paid less testers this year and instead made us pay to test it?

2 weeks really isn't a long time to fix the game if there are big problems..

• 2 weeks later...

If you lot think its difficult with Liverpool, Chelsea, Spurs etc, try starting in League 1 with my lot! As for wingers being effective, I can't seem to get them to put in any crosses at all! Even when their instructions are to play wide, run with ball, hug touchline, cross often, cross from byeline! Any time they get to the byeline they either turn back and pass or try and dribble along the byeline almost to the goal and then shoot from a ridiculously narrow angle! As for the goalkeepers in FM13, they are just totally rediculous, as I'm sure everyone will agree. All in all, I have to agree with the general consensus that FM13 seems a hell of a lot more difficult and that, apart from the flight and movement of the ball being better, the ME seems, if anything, to be less realistic than that of FM12.

Archived