Let me get this right...

Nope - says:

Hire/fires First Team Manager John Flynn (Director of Football)

Interesting, sorry for doubting your reading ability....

In a sideways discussion, I have commented elsewhere how it isnt always right that manager hires DoF. In future it should be the case that at certain clubs the board force one on you, and maybe even in extreme cases force him to make signings for you? (perhaps optional setting at beginning of game)

Interesting, sorry for doubting your reading ability....

In a sideways discussion, I have commented elsewhere how it isnt always right that manager hires DoF. In future it should be the case that at certain clubs the board force one on you, and maybe even in extreme cases force him to make signings for you? (perhaps optional setting at beginning of game)

This might better reflect real life, but I don't see how they could do it for the game. Because it's a game, people want to play as they want to, so things like DoF should be optional.

This might better reflect real life, but I don't see how they could do it for the game. Because it's a game, people want to play as they want to, so things like DoF should be optional.

Which is why I said it could be an optional setting at the game's begninning, like attribute masking. I for one would like it if in certain countries DoF was standard, if at BSN level you basically couldnt have one, and in one out of every 20 or 30 board take-overs at clubs in upper levels you got a nutjob one that forced one on you and gave them control of signings.

Being at a club which wouldn't let you have a DoF wouldn't be a big problem, as in the staff responsiblities you could still set the assman to do DoF jobs

Archived