A good director of football

What are good stats for a director of football?

I was thinking determination, discipline maybe.

I'm using John Collins at the moment, he's pretty rubbish but no idea if a replacement would do any better.

I think judging player ability and player potential are some of the most important "confirmed" stats you should look for. There may also be some hidden attributes that make a difference.

I wouldn't have guessed judging ability since it up to you or your scouts to actually identify the targets and for the DoF to negotiate the deal.

If it's been confirmed though, I stand corrected.

Hidden stats will be a big part I'd wager.

I wouldn't have guessed judging ability since it up to you or your scouts to actually identify the targets and for the DoF to negotiate the deal.

If it's been confirmed though, I stand corrected.

Hidden stats will be a big part I'd wager.

The scouts find them yes, but the DoF can be given the final say in what players out of the scout pool to go after. Most of this can be adjusted of course, so I guess you don't need him to have good attributes of you only use him for task such as confirming transfers, offering players for transfer or loan, and other mechanic tasks. There is a hidden attribute for transfers, I believe.

Hi Liverpool, Johan Cryuff looks like a good bet.

He is listed as "Johan Cruijff" or full name "Hendrik Johannes Cruijff", which, according to wikipedia is his "real" name, whereas Johan Cruyff is his "popular" name. If you have trouble finding him.

Actually i totaly disagree with nearly all of you. I dont believe its changes any thing because probally we all try to control everything so even you have a Dof he will not do everything . But if you give him responsibilty you should search according to his responsibilities i

believe Determination , Adaptability will be good for all

• 4 weeks later...
Paulo Futre is utterly useless, hasn't signed one target I've set him or attempted to sign younger talent himself despite me telling him to do so.

I've found this myself - but then again I'm beginning to think DoF is a feature incompatible with my style of playing anyway.

He seems rubbish at buying players, rubbish at selling and rubbish at loaning them out. Considering I can be slightly less rubbish at all three, I'm yet to be convinced this feature is for me...

Has anyone had positive experiences with a DoF to save Futre from the axe?

I have heard that name mentioned positively - but could you expand on what you mean by "great"? What is he doing that is pleasing you?

Hes signed all my targets bar Neymar. Who i went and got myself and seriously over paid for. Think he also failed on Dede but i set an unrealistic max price on him since he was unsettled so ill take the blame there. Hes got rid of all my dead wood. Im currently managing Barca and wanted to change the system to center around Falcao, Messi and Neymar. Meaning a number of players had to go. Hes managed to do that. I said last season £18mil for Sanchez was good enough, he got me £40mil. Breaking the clubs record sale for a player who made 3 apperances all from the bench the previous year.

The only issue ive had with him was he repeatedly tried to sign the same striker in his first season. He hasn't done this since, and is now signing players in positions where i rapid sold to quickly without replacing. Last transer window he brought in Hummels and Otamendi as back up center backs. Hes definatley done a good job of getting me good prices. The only one he struggled with was Dani Alves after me and Alves had a bust up.

I've found this myself - but then again I'm beginning to think DoF is a feature incompatible with my style of playing anyway.

He seems rubbish at buying players, rubbish at selling and rubbish at loaning them out. Considering I can be slightly less rubbish at all three, I'm yet to be convinced this feature is for me...

Has anyone had positive experiences with a DoF to save Futre from the axe?

He got me Bale for £24m. And offloaded all the players I wanted gone.

My DOF keep trying to sign wingers, probably because I don't have a natural winger in my team. The thing is though.. my tactic doesn't use wingers. Also, when buying youngsters he always adds a 30% future profit of sale-clause that is not needed. Every time he bids I cancel the bid and make the exact same bid without the clause and it gets accepted. I've tried three different ones and they all do the same thing.

Archived