A Question about players

I did a search of players and the attributes for the player i wanted were 8/9's i got the scout to scout him then got him in on triasl but he is only 2 stars and they said don't sign him so i never but should you go by what your scout/assistant says or attributes as they were high ??

The stars just indicate CA in comparison to your team's CA and the level they need for the league (so a 3 star premiership player will probably be a 4 star championship player), a player with attributes in the right place can play a lot better than his CA. So for example a low CA striker who has high pace, composure, finishing and off the ball will score goals as a poacher.

It's also why 'attribute' focused training is important so you don't waste CA gain on attributes your player doesn't need for his role, like marking for a striker. Cleon's guide to player development is pretty good although this is using the old training.

The stars just indicate CA, a player with attributes in the right place can play a lot better than his CA. So for example a low CA striker who has high pace, composure, finishing and off the ball will score goals as a poacher.

No they don't. They show how good a player is compared to players that you currently have in certain position. So, if you have Rooney who is 4,5 stars and you're scouting Andy Carroll then Andy will have e.g. 2,5 stars. But, if you have Heskey and you're scouting Andy, then Andy will have e.g. 3,5 or 4 stars.

No they don't. They show how good a player is compared to players that you currently have in certain position. So, if you have Rooney who is 4,5 stars and you're scouting Andy Carroll then Andy will have e.g. 2,5 stars. But, if you have Heskey and you're scouting Andy, then Andy will have e.g. 3,5 or 4 stars.

Pretty sure that's not correct, hence why the scout reports say 'leading premiership striker' etc.

So what should i go by attributes or stars ??

Both, if he has good attributes in the role you need him for then he will do a job, he just might have a lower CA than some of your current players because he might be awful in some positions. Do a player comparison to one of your current players in the same position, see if his attributes are higher.

Archived