FMC: missing features

Hi there,

while we do know some of the differences between FMC and the 'full-fat' version of the game from the blogs, I would expect more features to be scrapped from FMC than mentioned there.

Is there some kind of longer list or better roundup about the differences? Please feel free to point at it or let's start creating one in here :)

No individual training - Team training does look on the screen to be the same as full fat FM, but there may be a difference under hood that I don't know about.

No multiple staff (limited to DoF, ass man, Chief Scout, Chief of Medical and Head of Youth and if you hire a new one the old one is automatically fired)

Limited to 3 league structures in the game, but can add/remove the countries (assuming that works OK)

Limited media interaction to a single question when players sign or important events

No board interaction apart from requests

No player interaction - so no tutoring or ask to learn PPMs

No PPMs shown on the screen (but they may still be in the game as I had reference to a striker who likes to shoot with power in a match)

No teamtalks

No Opponent Instructions

Far fewer match analysis screens (unless they're hidden somewhere that I've not seen)

No U18 squad - all youth intake and players signed on youth contracts join the reserves squad - this is automatically managed by the ass man

All of those makes for a much quicker game play and that is without using instant result and match plans.

You can sell and release the youngsters in the reserves as it's just a separate squad you can send players to. I've not yet finished my first season so I don't know if we have a choice about which of the youth intake gets a contract or not. It might be up to the Head of Youth to decide that.

I'm playing BSN/BSS and am restricted to scouting the UK and Ireland, but you can't chose where to send the scout as he'll go off through the scouting range. My ony concern with that is in both of the FMC games I've played so far the scout has gone to scout in Scotland and that wasn't a playable league in my save.

Transfer and contracts seem the same, but there could be a couple of clauses that aren't in FMC but are in FM.

No individual training - Team training does look on the screen to be the same as full fat FM, but there may be a difference under hood that I don't know about.

No player interaction - so no tutoring or ask to learn PPMs

hmm, i wonder how player development will work. i.e if you sign a high potential youngster with low determination or a rubbish personality you cant directly improve it by tutoring.

also means you cant praise a player for a good game/ criticse for a bad so im guessing the motivation module has changed. does the player motivation widget still exist?

guess this will only really be known by playing the game, unless someone from SI is willing to enlighten us!?

You can sell and release the youngsters in the reserves as it's just a separate squad you can send players to. I've not yet finished my first season so I don't know if we have a choice about which of the youth intake gets a contract or not. It might be up to the Head of Youth to decide that.

Youth team players are added to your reserve team squad with a minimum contract. You can decide then to offer a new, bigger one or release the player.

Regens/Newgens system in FMC is much like that of FM08. Not every club in Europe will get a batch of youngster ever year

No PPMs shown on the screen (but they may still be in the game as I had reference to a striker who likes to shoot with power in a match)

PPMs are shown in the bottom right of the player information screen, underneath the pitch showing his positions (on my screen anyway)

Also PPMs are added later in the game. Assistant manager must handle those as I got a news item saying player x is now able to switch the ball to other flank

PPMs are shown in the bottom right of the player information screen, underneath the pitch showing his positions (on my screen anyway)

Also PPMs are added later in the game. Assistant manager must handle those as I got a news item saying player x is now able to switch the ball to other flank

I would hope that staff take care of Tutoring too. (god help us!)

No multiple staff (limited to DoF, ass man, Chief Scout, Chief of Medical and Head of Youth and if you hire a new one the old one is automatically fired)

Now why this good idea isn't in FM?! Changing your assistant manager is a hassle.

Archived