The FMC thread

I like the IDEA of FMC = faster gameplay

It's good that we can only select 3 countries, but WHY does the game take ALL the avalailable leagues from the selected nations ???

I select England, Spain and Italy --> game automatically selects all leagues from the 3 countries (total of 13 leagues) which slows down my game.

I don't need all those lower leagues !!! Even in normal FM I never select so many leagues...

To summarize: the idea behind FMC is in extreme controversy with the game start-up.

Maybe I am blind and don't see where I can select league per league ???

the best thing for me should be the ability to select only the highest league of the 3 countries. This will allow a really fast gameplay. At this moment FMC loads much more leagues than the normal FM version so IMO it is a little bit nonsense...

I'm led to believe that FMC only uses a small database, so regardless of how many leagues are loaded per country this will still be a considerably smaller game than in the fuller version of the game. Each division only adds few hundred extra players dependant on which league it is. I might be wrong however!

I'm led to believe that FMC only uses a small database, so regardless of how many leagues are loaded per country this will still be a considerably smaller game than in the fuller version of the game. Each division only adds few hundred extra players dependant on which league it is. I might be wrong however!

It uses the medium database. I thought it was small too, but I was corrected here http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/319753-FMC-database-size?highlight=thegreatradish

I really don't understand this design decision. How many players actually want all those relatively useless lower leagues?

You'd be surprised. They are particularly popular amongst players who want to start at the bottom and work their way up over the years, which is a popular way of playing amongst the group FMC is aimed at.

It's not ideal that you are forced to use all these leagues- hopefully it will be fixed for FM14.

You'd be surprised. They are particularly popular amongst players who want to start at the bottom and work their way up over the years, which is a popular way of playing amongst the group FMC is aimed at.

It's not ideal that you are forced to use all these leagues- hopefully it will be fixed for FM14.

I understand. I often play with lower league teams. I've also done the dafuge challenge every year since I've started playing the game.

I also think they'll need to change this for future versions.

I prefer to play FMC and I see what you mean, although for me I would prefer to maybe take a few of the lower leagues off in favour of maybe a 4th or 5th top league.

Agreed. To arbitrarily limit the number of countries to three with a view to maintaining a 'faster pace', but to then not provide any options to control the depth of leagues is an interesting design decision.

As is the decision to limit it to three countries in the first place, which I'd dearly love to see made an option, perhaps with sterner warnings provided as to the impact on performance if this number is increased - I personally would very happily sacrifice some processing time to load more countries.

One man's performance with three countries loaded, or with a medium database, obviously does not necessarily equal another's anyway - my machine may, for example, perform similarly with 6 countries loaded, as another's might with the three - so to lock this down to a specific number seems a little odd to me. Perhaps a figure could be recommended based on system spec instead? Options are good, and FMC is intended to be a more streamlined experience, and not a dumbed-down one, right? FMC players can make decisions, too!

On a different note, what three nations will you be loading?

Despite the full 7 leagues, I'll go with the English, Northern Irish (Sky Blues!) and...no idea, Scotland?

Because i'll hopefully fly through the seasons in FMC, I thought a good challenge would be to take an alternative Scottish Div. 3 team other than Rangers, and win the race to the SPL.

Archived