"I got 99 Dnipro-blems, but a pitch ain't one!"

Deisler26

Setup: 13.0.1

Db: Large

Leagues Run: Belarus, Bulgaria, Croatia, Hungary, Poland, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia & Ukraine

200px-FC_Dnipro_Dnipropetrovsk.svg.png

FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk

The club's franchise traces its history all the way back when the first team that was formed in 1918 by the Petrovsky factory and was called as BRIT (Brianskyi Robitnychyi Industrialnyi Tekhnikum). The team participated in the regional competition (Katerynoslav championship). With the four other teams BRIT played its games on small stadium "Sokil" which was located on the corner of the Pushkin street and Yuriy Savchenko street.

Due to World War I, BRIT was disbanded, but on May 9, 1925 a new team was formed in Dnipropetrovsk (coincidently, later the day became to be known as the Victory Day). The team participated under a generic name as football team of Petrovsky factory. The official name it received in 1926 when it became to be known as "Petrovets". The team entered the first Soviet competition under the name of Stal (steel -engl) in 1936 in one of the lower divisions. The team participated in the three championship before World War II. After the war, in 1947, the team reentered the Soviet competition and was merged with another club from Dnipropetrovsk, Dynamo Dnipropetrovsk. From 1949 until 1961, the team was called Metalurh (from English metal worker). During this time the team participated for three seasons, 1950–1952, among the amateurs due to poor results. In 1954, Metalurh Dnipropetrovsk reached the semi-finals of the USSR Cup, where it lost to Spartak Yerevan.

In 1961, the team was handed over to its new sponsor, the Yugmash (the Southern machine-producing factory), which at that time was one of the most powerful factories in the entire Soviet Union and was funded by the Ministry of Defense. The new sponsor changed the team's name to the Russian name of Dnepr, Dnieper, as the Russian was the accepted language of the Soviet Union and the Soviet government. The team's performance did not change much until after 1968, when Dnepr obtained Andriy Biba and the new coach – Valery Lobanovsky. After that it took the team three years to get promoted to the Soviet Top League and eventually took sixth place in 1972.

In 1973 and 1976 Dnepr reached the semi-finals of the USSR Cup competition. In 1978 the team was relegated to the lower league for two years. Their next return to the top flight was not as inviting as their first one and the team languished at the bottom of the table for several years. In the following years, the governing body of the team hired new promising coaches – Volodymyr Yemets and Hennadiy Zhizdik. After those changes, Dnepr became a strong contender for the Soviet championship winning it twice: once with Yemets and Zhizdik in 1983, and another one with Yevhen Kucherevsky in 1988. Also, in 1989 Dnepr became the first professional football club in the Soviet Union. During those years, the team featured many notable players such as Oleg Protasov, Hennadiy Litovchenko, Oleksiy Cherednyk, and Oleh Taran.

Following the collapse of the Soviet Union, the club took on the Ukrainian version name of Dnipro, the name of the biggest river and one of the major symbols of Ukraine. The club joined the football federation of the native country and remained one of the top contenders in the newly formed Ukrainian Premier League. The team received silver medals in 1993 as well as the bronze in 1992, 1995, 1996, 2001, 2004. The team also reached the Ukrainian Cup finals in 1995, 1997 and 2004, but lost all three to Shakhtar Donetsk.

(information from Wikipedia)

Well, I'm back, and with a new, shiny FM13 career. No real goals this time, apart from break the stranglehold of Shakhtar. Yet again, I was inspired by a book this year; Jonathan Wilson's 'Behind The Iron Curtain' which I highly recommend to all.

I won't be posting too many screen shots at first as I have to work it out on the MacBook, but I want to take a long tour of Eastern Europe first and then maybe head to sunnier climes later on! Enjoy!

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I won't be posting too many screen shots at first as I have to work it out on the MacBook

Command+Shift+f3 for full screen Command+Shift+f4 for a selected part of the screen.

Anyway, good luck! I've wanted to try a game on this side of the curtain but never could decide where I'd like to start.

Surely we've already found the winner of the best FM13 Career Update thread title!!! :D

Good luck! There are a number of good players there (konoplyanka, inkoom, kalinic, giuliano) so the foundation is there to challenege Shakhtar. Shakhtar are 12 points ahead of 2nd placed Dnipro IRL btw

Thanks for the kind words, guys

July 2012 Update

Busy, busy first month in charge for Andrey Managerenko!.

First job was to meet with the board and my Ass Man. I agreed on a one-year deal at £11k p/w and was given a brief to make Europe, all on a £218k p/w wage budget and a £5m transfer budget. . I was also told to play attacking football by the board.. Something that people who have followed me for a few years will know is not my specialty. I then pushed for an upgrade to the youth coaching.

Then it was time to meet the staff. I met with and promptly sacked the U-21 manager, two GK coaches, the U-19 fitness coach and 5 physics, including the Head Physio! I installed Ukrainian legend Semen Altman as my DoF and left him to hire other coaches and to find clubs for my unwanted and development list players.

----------------------------------

Results

Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk 3 - 1 Kryvbas Kryvyi Rih (Vyshcha Liha)

Nikola Kalinic 44, 55..........................Olexy Godin 68

Diego Buonanotte 50

Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk 2 - 1 Tavria Simeferopol (Vyshcha Liha)

Ondrej Mazuch52...............................Maxim Lisovyi 40

Eugene Konoplyanka 77

Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk 0 - 0 Zorya Lugansk (Vyshcha Liha)

------------------------------------

Transfers

I started by bringing in Swedish MRLC Johan Andersson for £110K from Lillestrom, then came AMRLC/ST Diego Buonanotte for £1.8m from Malaga and finally a £6.5m deal for Chivas' Mexican starlet, ST Carlos Fierro. Coming in on loan was AMR/ST Ari from Spartak Moscow, AMR/ST Dominc Adiyah from Arsenal Kiev and, finally, DM/MC Adrian Ropotan from Dinamo Moscow.

Going the other way was D/WBL Vitaly Denisov for £3.5m to Spartak Moscow and a number of youth on loan.

Command+Shift+f3 for full screen Command+Shift+f4 for a selected part of the screen.

Anyway, good luck! I've wanted to try a game on this side of the curtain but never could decide where I'd like to start.

Thanks man. The motivation was mainly that Dnipro fans feel like they're the third wheel to Shaktar and Dynamo.

Thanks guys

-----------------------------

"...And here we are at the halfway stage of the UEFA Europa League Playoff draw, so it's back over to Michel, Michel?"

Michel+Platini+Europa+League+draw

"Zank you... Ze 'ome team is..FC DNIPRO DNIPROPETROVSK..and...ze away team.... SK RAPID WIEN..."

23 August 2012

Europa League Playoff, 1st Leg

Arena-Dnipro, Dnipropetrovsk

Att: 21,804

Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk 2 - 5 SK Rapid Wien

Roman Zozulya 61....................................Christopher Drazen 12

Nikola Kalinic 65......................................Terrance Boyd 45

Nikola Kalinic s/o 88.................................Niko Kropfl 67

..........................................................Thomas Prager 74

..........................................................Gilles Kopf 77

The foul stench of defeat filled my nostrils at the end of this game. I started the game with our possession 4-3-3 against their 3-5-2. The Rapid defender was left utterly free to head home on 12 mins from a deep free-kick and it didn't get any better from there! A hopeful ball down the left channel was inexplicably left and the chasing winger was free to cross for the striker to fire home. 0-2 down at HT and I was fuming.

Changed to the now usual 4-5-1 and took off Jari Litmanen for Diego Buononotte. We hit back within 15 mins! Roman Zozulya tapping home into an empty net after Diego's shot hit the bar. 4 mins later we were level! A quick break from a corner saw Nikola Kalinic steam halfway up the pitch and lash a shot past the keeper.

However, everything then went to s***. A slow-motion goal where again, a defender had got free on a set piece, and headed against the bar. The ball bounced down and trickled towards the line. The keeper lunged for it and managed to clear it off the line with his hand. Against the leg of the startled defender. 2-3.

Goals 4 and 5 were products of deep crosses finished from impossible angles. In the end, we were so frustrated that Kalinic saw a straight red for hacking down the Rapid player. A shocking scoreline and the end of our European adventure unless we win 4-0 in the return leg...

30 August 2012

Europa League Playoff, 2nd Leg

Gerhard Hanappi Stadion, Vienna

Att: 17,500

Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk 0 - 2 SK Rapid Wien

..........................................................Terrance Boyd 58

..........................................................Leonhard Valiant 80

Welp. Another disappointing performance saw us out of the 2012-13 UEFA Europa League, 2-7 on aggregate. Both Rapid goals were rebounds off the keeper and, again, due to my lack to skill regarding team talks, the team could not respond at all.

August 2012 Update

This wasn't the best of months on the pitch for Dnipro... I sacked my Ass Man and brought in a new one, it's clearly all his fault!

----------------------------------

Results

Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk 1 - 0 Dynamo Kyiv (Vyshcha Liha)

Nikola Kalinic 64

Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk 1 - 2 Metalurg Donetsk (Vyshcha Liha)

David Suazo 84................................Konstantinos Makridis 54

...................................................Sergiy Voronin 82

Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk 1 - 1 FC Goverla-Zakarpattya Uzhgorod (Vyshcha Liha)

Denys Oliynyk 55..............................Damien Le Tallec 30

Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk 2 - 2 Vorskla Poltava (Vyshcha Liha)

Odibe 35..........................................Dmytro Yeremenko 58

Eugene Konoplyanka 78.......................Agim Ibrahimi 90+2

-------------------------------

Results

OK, so I panicked a little this month. In came veterans AMC Jari Litmanen and ST David Suazo on free's to bolster the squad. I also made a deadline day swoop for DC/DM Anatoliy Tymoschuk for £825k from FC Bayern Munich. Coming in on loan were GK's Brad Jones from Liverpool and Denys Boyko from Dynamo Kyiv. Also coming in was DC Michael Mancienne on loan from Hamburger SV and M/AMC Ruslan Mamutov from Metalurg Donetsk.

The two notable departures this month were ST Carlos Fierro on loan to Arsenal Kyiv and ST Eugene Seleznyov to Dynamo Kyiv for £9.5m..

Only just realised this thread is yours mate great title.

Unlucky in Europe, August not the nest of months but it looks like you may of added a few quality players though. Good luck I will be reading this.

Thanks man, appreciated

September 2012 Update

Results

Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk 2 - 1 Metalist Kharkiv (Vyshcha Liha)

Eugene Konoplyanka 32, 68

Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk 1 - 2 Metalurg Zaporizhzyha (Vyshcha Liha)

Diego Buonanotte 39

Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk 1 - 1 Illichivets Mariupol (Vyshcha Liha)

Diego Buonanotte 8

Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk 4 - 2 Olimpic Donetsk (DATAGROUP Football Ukraine Cup, Second Round)

Roman Zozulya 30

Denys Oliynyk 45, 58, 62

Artem Filimonov s/o 88

Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk 2 - 2 Volyn Lutsk (Vyshcha Liha)

Diego Buonanotte 37

Ivan Strinic 68

Not a bad month. Trialling a short-passing 4-2-3-1 and it seems to be having some effect, although I can't seem to stop the computer scoring. It's quite annoying

October 2012 Update

Results

Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk 3 - 0 Arsenal Kyiv (Vyshcha Liha)

Roman Zozulya 22

Eugene Konoplyanka 29, 42

Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk 2 - 6 Shakhtar Donetsk (Vyshcha Liha)

Diego Buonanotte 44

Anatoliy Tymoschuk 52(pen)

Nikola Kalinic s/o 70

Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk 1 - 2 Karpaty Lviv (Vyshcha Liha)

Dennis Oliynyk 27

Artem Filimonov s/o 30

Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk 2 - 1 FC Goverla-Zakarpattya Uzhgorod

(DATAGROUP Football Ukraine Cup, Third Round)

Ivan Strinic 31

Denys Oliynyk 83

Well. A roller-coaster month. A great win against Arsenal, followed by a soul-crushing defeat against Shakhtar and a loss by comedy OG in the next game against the leaders.. Artem Filimorov ended up playing 52 mins in two games. He was skinned three times for three goals before 20 mins against Shakhtar, which saw him leave after 22 mins and THEN conceded a penalty and was sent off on 30 mins in his next game... Hmmm...

End of 2012 Update

Results

Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk 4 - 3 Chornomorets Odesa (Vyshcha Liha)

Roman Zozulya 28

Diego Buonanotte 54

Eugene Konoplyanka 68

Giuliano 71

Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk 3 - 1 Kryvbas Kryvyi Rih (Vyshcha Liha)

Diego Buonanotte 21, 45+1

Anatoliy Tymoschuk 80(pen)

Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk 1 - 0 Tavaria Simferopol (Vyshcha Liha)

Roman Zozulya 42

Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk 4 - 1 Zorya Lugansk (Vyshcha Liha)

Roman Zozulya 15, 59, 64

Eugene Konoplyanka 62

A much better month, this month. Although Chornomorets threatened to derail it by going 1-3 up by HT. Luckily, all the team needed was a good, old-fashioned hairdryer and we scored 3 in the second half to give us the win. The rest were all routine wins. Which was great, as it left us in 4th place going into the winter break. Don't think I'm going to splash the cash, but you never know. Especially as the board gave me £9m extra in transfer funds!

2012/13 Winter Break Update

Results

Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk 5 - 1 Dynamo Kyiv (Vyshcha Liha)

Alan Dzagoev 76, 84

Javad Nekounam 77

Diego Buonanotte 86

Giuliano 88

Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk 3 - 1 Metallurg Donetsk (Vyshcha Liha)

Giuliano 83, 85, 90

Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk 7 - 1 FC Goverla-Zakarpattya Uzhgorod (Vyshcha Liha)

Alan Dzagoev 11

Anatoliy Tymoschuk 17

Javad Nekounam 28, 40, 70

Artem Milevskyi 57, 89

Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk 2 - 1 Vorskla Poltava (Vyshcha Liha)

Ivan Strinic 45+2

Javad Nekounam 69

Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk 2 - 3 Metalist Kharkiv (Vyshcha Liha)

Alan Dzagoev 11

Artem Milevskyi 69

Transfers

A busy and expensive winter break! First off, I picked up DM Javad Nekounam on a free transfer as Adrian Ropotan had finished his loan spell and I wanted an upgrade. I then terminated Brad Jones' loan spell, so I could pick up GK Sinan Bolat from Standard Liege for £600k. Then came two bombshells. AMC Alan Dzagoev was placed on the transfer list by CSKA Moscow, due to their many imports. So for a princely £12.5m, he was mine. THEN, Dynamo Kyiv's wretched form and lack of squad rotation meant that Artem Milevskyi was complaining about a lack of game time. The club's manager then saw fit to transfer-list him and I snapped him up for a bargain £5m!! Finally, I picked up an 18 year old Brazilian DM, Lucas Zen, for £2.5m from Botafogo who was to be Nekounam's long term replacement.

------------------------------

It was a funny month. Dynamo saw two players sent off as we easily beat them 5-1. Then a hat-trick from Giuliano in the last 7 mins of the game saw us take down Metallurg. Then came the crowning jewel of the season. Javad Nekounam hit 3 screamers from range as we utterly dismantled Goverla 7-1. Then, as ever, we lost a terrible game 2-3 to Metalist..

I was reading and about to tease you over the number of goals conceded, then I read the past 2 months, bloody hell that's been quite a turn of form for the better. Some spectacular signings too, particularly Dzagoev and Milevskyi, that is a very nice team you're putting together.

I was reading and about to tease you over the number of goals conceded, then I read the past 2 months, bloody hell that's been quite a turn of form for the better. Some spectacular signings too, particularly Dzagoev and Milevskyi, that is a very nice team you're putting together.

Thanks man. Hopefully, it'll be the start of something good.

April 2013 Update

Results

Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk 1 - 0 Metallurg Zaporizhzya (Vyshcha Liha)

Anatoliy Tymoschuk 77

Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk 3 - 1 Illichivets Mariupol (Vyshcha Liha)

Milevskyi 45+3

Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk 2 - 1 Arsenal Kyiv (DATAGROUP Football Ukraine Cup, Quarter Final)

Alan Dzagoev 58, 86

Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk 4 - 1 Volyn Lutsk (Vyshcha Liha)

Eugene Konoplyanka 12

Vitaliy Mandzyuk 26

Denys Oliynyk 32

Roman Zozulya 44

Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk 1 - 0 Arsenal Kyiv (Vyshcha Liha)

Nikola Kalinic 88

A fantastic month as we clawed back and eliminated the 5 point gap between us and Shakhtar and, even better, saw us take the lead in the title race by a single point. We've ripped through teams or struggled to win, but win we have.

30 August 2012

DATAGROUP Football Ukraine Cup Final

NSC Olympiyskyi, Kyiv

Att: 69,004

Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk 2 - 0 PFC Sevastopol

Ruslan Rotan 5

Alan Dzagoev 21[/i]

Final day dawned breezy and bright as we were about to contest only our third-ever DATAGROUP Football Ukraine Cup Final. We'd lost both previous finals, but as we were playing a lower division side, the odds were on our side! Lucas Zen was at only 85% fitness, so Ruslan Rotan came into the side for his last-ever cup game for Dnipro. I also went with Roman Zozulya and Denis Oliynyk on the wings, leaving Diego Buonanotte and Giuliano on the bench after their Shaktar heroics.

The game kicked off and Roman Zozulya was unfairly bundled off the ball on the left hand side of the area after 5 mins. Ruslan Rotan stepped up and curled the ball beautifully past the wrong-footed keeper, who was clearly anticipating a cross. 1-0 up and we were flying.

We doubled our lead on 21 mins. A run by Artem Federskyi saw him play a one-two with Roman Zozulya in the left hand corner before pulling the ball back for Alan Dzagoev to sweep home to continue his excellent form and to pretty much seal the game for us.

Sevastopol offered no threat and Eugene Cheberyachko headed home on 77 minutes, but was cruelly ruled offside. Finally the full-time whistle blew and the players rushed the bench as the fans went wild! We'd won the first ever trophy in Dnipro's 95 year history! This also meant that I entered the Ukrainian Hall of Fame!

[video=youtube_share;phL0TN61AF8]

Archived