Home-grown talent work around fix?

All going on holiday did was register your squad with empty slots for the missing home grown players which is all you need to do when registering the squad yourself.

The actual workaround was always to submit a squad with less than the maximum numbers of players, leaving a gap for each player short you were on the home grown requirement (so if you only had 5 home grown players and the requirement was 8, you leave 3 gaps in the squad so only include 22 players instead of 25.)

It was always possible for players to do this themselves without going on holiday, but I think many didnt quite understand the rules, and so went on holiday instead which meant the Assistant did it for them.

People always think of this rule as, "you must have 8 homegrown" when in fact it is "you can't have more then 17 non-homegrown".

the assistant/board should tell you as manager you need to sign or keep certain players for home grown rules then.

Well you could always monitor this yourself, and in the start of the season I think your assman mentions this.

Would you want the board to forbid you from selling good homegrowns or just remind you when selling them that they are homegrown. I would actually like to see scout reports mention this, when they find good quality they could say "He also qualifies as homegrown" and perhaps increase recommendation by like half a star.

Archived