FM13 : Joel Pohjanpalo

Hoarau

dfv9n5.jpg

Name: Joel Pohjanpalo

Nationality: Finnish

Real life information:

Joel Pohjanpalo (born 13 September 1994) is a Finnish football player currently playing for Finnish football team HJK Helsinki. On 26 March 2012 Pohjanpalo spent one week on trial at Liverpool. He has been on trial earlier at Monaco.

Due to his excellent performances with the reserves, Pohjanpalo signed a new contract with HJK on 7 December 2011, keeping him at the Finnish capital until 2015. On August 24 2012 he rejected a 3 year contract from Liverpool FC after a three day trial unless the guarantee playing time in the Liverpool FC reserves.

He returned to HJK Helsinki, and started in the club's first league match of the 2012 Veikkausliiga season on 15 April 2012, scoring a perfect hat-trick within the space of three minutes/162 seconds against IFK Mariehamn.

In his debut in the Champions League qualifiers he scored 2 goals against KR Reykjavik in the first leg of the 2nd round to continue his impressive season so far

Value: £20K

Sale Value: ?

In-game:

18kf7r.jpg

Analysis: Again this isn't a player to be scouting for the top teams, he definetly can bring something to the smaller sides with age most definetly on his side. At 17 his finishing is pretty impressive as is his flair but more importantly his determination. With time and some training hopefully his physicals will improve. Worth a scout and purchase for most low level leagues.

I bought him in the end for Ajax and I loaned him out to Go Ahead Eagles where he's getting plenty of game time, scoring a few aswell. Hoping he continues in there first team throughout the season as he looks extremely promising.

Being only 17 he has an impressive all round collections of stats, if he's anywhere near as good in real life Liverpool could have a star in there grasp, someone to perhaps take Jari Litmanen's mantel?

If anyone is a few seasons in could they post a SS to see if he develops any?

Picked him up as FC Nordsjælland for £85K. Good replacement for Lawan.

My only issue with him is his speed, but his versatility and flair he still gets plenty of game time off of the bench and pips in goals.

Bargin either way for £85K, £1.7K p/w at 17 years old, I'll be able to get Homegrown status on him.

If anyone is a few seasons in could they post a SS to see if he develops any?

Here's Pohjanpalo after the end of my second season with Atletico Madrid. I bought him in June 2012 for a huge £100K price. He has been developing quite well under tutoring of Falcao, but I think he should have more first team appearances to reach his full potential. So no fireworks yet but I'm still patient :) I think Pohjanpalo will be a must buy in FM13

2mcujwh.jpg

What database or nations do i have to have selected to make him appear? I searched for him in my game and he wasn't there.

I have selected all national reputation players from Scandinavia in my game which should bring him up. Players from Scandinavian top clubs might be enough, at least I think HJK will fit there. Or all national reputation players from Finland.

• 3 months later...

Archived