Please Sir, I want some more...

More of the same, sure! We have plenty of that here...

It seems that this is getting to be the problem with Football Manager. Every year we gather around our computers around Halloween and bonfire night, eagerly awaiting this season...but not for the silly pagan-istic celebrations of witches or zombies or fireworks and reminders of what we do to those treasonous idiots who try to blow up our parliament...those butterflies in the belly aren't for those things, if you're a FM-ER...it's for the latest offering from SIgames!

And that's what we get...well, for at least the last seven or eight years now. We eagerly watch 'podcasts' lapping up all that Miles has to offer; telling us all the awesome things that we might be able to do in this latest version. Some of those cool features like sending off coaches for training and being able to change your tone with the board or journalist sounds a whole lot cooler until you get the chance to do it. Then it's just last year's or the year before's same reactions. I honestly feel like Dr. Grant and friends on the Jurassic Park tour when they showed up at the fence and the dinosaurs weren't there!

I know, I know...this is just the beta but if there were any say "Dilophosaurus" to bring out of the steamy jungle/programming room...I think we'd have seen them by now.

All we have is a lot of bumf, and the same poor match engine with a slight upgrade to the match graphics and stadiums STILL filled with Sam Raimi style-zombie looking fans...

...which is FINE! I'm just at the point now where I'm tried of getting excited for a 'whole new game' every year. Paying the price for 'a whole new game' and getting not much more than an update.

Yes the GUI has had a redesign and the way you navigate the game is different but I can't think of one thing here to justify a whole new game release or purchase.

I remember playing back in 1992 on championship manager...and then there were updates...Championship Manager 3 with updates each year etc...somewhere along the line we fell into the EA scheme of releasing the "same old shi* game" Fifa or Madden and charging the same ridiculous price you'll be paying for Halo 4 next month; a game that's been in development a hell of a lot longer than your Madden 2013.

I know, if I don't like it; I should take my balls and play somewhere else, Just don't play it, ask for a refund and failing all of that; well it's obviously my tactics!

You are free to flame me now as the witches of old or, as we are close to the 5th of Novemeber, Tie me to a stake and burn me alive for my crimes. At least I'll be $40 richer when next year comes around...of course I'll also be dead so won't make much of a difference.

Happy almost Football Manager 2010/11/12/13 release day folks!!

Archived