Kiddy FC, Ay it.

Dejay

So with FM13's BETA out, I've started a long term save with Kidderminster Harriers, Aka Kiddy FC. Hopefully I'll keep this going for a while, the aim is taking them to the top.

I've loaded quite a few leagues around Europe, and Brazil. I've also loaded players from Reunion and Curacao.

My Aims -

Promotion from the Blue Square Premier all the way up to the top tier on English football, winning things along the way. I also want a crack at Europe but that's a long way off.

I also want to try and focus on bringing my own players through and creating a world class academy at the club, if we manage to bring in the money to do so.

I also want to try and keep the club as debt free as possible, but in the lower leagues this is nearly impossible. It will be a long term goal to become self sufficient.

I did a thread on my journeyman career last year which I quite enjoyed until I got a crash dump and ruined it. Hopefully this one will stay going for longer.

Kidderminster Harriers FC

Kidderminsterbadge.png

Kidderminster Harriers Football Club is an English football club based in Kidderminster, Worcestershire. The club participates in the Conference National, the fifth tier of English football. Formed in 1886, Kidderminster have played at Aggborough Stadium since they were formed. They are the only club from Worcestershire ever to have played in the Football League.

(I am already one season into this save so the first couple of updates will be brief)

I came to Kiddy with my experience set to International Footballer, well because I wanted an easier life. I was offered £600 a week here to work my magic and look to achieve a top half finish.

Our home is Aggbourough Stadium, which has a capacity of 6238 (3140 seated) and is in good condition. Our training facilities are basic and we only have rented youth facilities, something I will look to improve in the future.

I would be given £12.5K a week to spend on wages and no transfer budget. The squad was a fairly strong one with only the defence looking like it needed major work. I set about this and bought in Tyrone Loran and Aaron Lescott - brother of Joleon.

transfersf.png

I bought in quite a few players, with a lot of loan players in there too. It bulked up my squad but kept me just under my wage budget. I was hoping that we would challenge for a play off spot with the squad we had now.

End Of Season Update 2013 / 2014 - Kidderminster Harriers FC.

Kidderminsterbadge.png

bsppz.png Uploaded with ImageShack.us"]Table[/url]

So as you can see we easily walked away with the league, we went unbeaten until January, setting a new club record. I didn't expect us to be so dominant in the league and finish so far ahead of our rivals, cracking stuff.

We made in to the fourth round of the F.A cup, beating Solihull Moors, Crewe, MK Dons and Peterbourough before being crushed by Cardiff. Was a top effort by the lads and netted us around £100K in prize money which really helped our quickly depleting finanaces.

We were however knocked out of the FA Trophy in the second round by Forest Green which was disappointing.

The whole team was really impressive throughout, however Anthony Malbon and Jamille Matt, our two forwards really lit up the league, scoring 57 of our league goals between then. Tyrone Loran was a rock at the back and loanee's Gunnar Nielson, Scott Wagstaff and Ben Sayer were fantastic.

An overall impressive season, but with our finanaces looking dangerously low it may be a tough summer. I'll be releasing most of the first team, save for Loran, Malbon, Matt, Demetriou and Vaughn, as they won't cut it in league two. Hopefully I will build a new squad in time for the League 2 Kick off.

(The proper updates start next time 'round)

Pre-Season Update 2013-2014 - Hidderminster Harriers FC.

Kidderminsterbadge.png

Squad

Transfers

Finances

Expectations

Key Players -

Jamie Devitt - Our new attacking winger, versatile and pacey. Should create goals.

Anthony Malbon - Our main man from last term, signed on for another. Lethal poacher.

Jamile Matt - Malbons partner in crime, also signed on. Hope he can perform at this higher level.

Tyrone Loran - Our rock. Wants to join a bigger side but will stay for now. Hopefully he can reproduce last terms form.

Aaron McCarey - Our new man between the sticks, rated 4* talent for the future, hopefully will develop into a decent keeper for us.

As you can see we bought in a whole new side. Sadly I couldn't sign any of my loan players from last year, even though most were released. I really wanted to bring Gunnar Nielson in but he wanted £3K, and though I could offer it he just isn't worth breaking the bank for. I feel our squad is good enough to stay up, and I'll be using my 4-2-2 from last season to keep things steady. I have a back up 4-4-1-1 to help hold a lead or to gain a foothold against bigger sides.

My objectives are simple, stay up. I plan on doing this, and I plan on making the club money so we can upgrade our facilities. The board gave me £28K a week to use on wages, I'm using under £20K currently. I really want to keep it this way if possible so we can hopefully save some cash for future use. Speaking of cash our sponsorship has increased massively, going up from around £1.2K last year to £7K this year. Lovely.

Edit - Cheers SLR88, hopefully this update was more interesting.

Mid-Season Update 2013/2014 - Kidderminster Harriers FC.

New signings -

Andy Hughes - On loan from Notts County, should bolster numbers and add some experience to the side.

Aidan Kenneally - £6K signing. The only player I've ever bought. Has the potential to play in the Championship. I was waiting his contract out but Grimsby made an offer so I had to move. My most promising youngster now.

Marcus Lantz - A nice little freebie, only contracted until June but with an option to extend if he performs. Bought in to cover infront of the back four.

Craig Eastmond - On loan from Arsenal to bring a bit of quality in.

Overview -

It's been a fantastic start to the season and we're really in with a chance of going up. We've had some poor results and hit a rough patch in November but so far so good. Malbon is once again our talisman up front, scoring 25 goals in 34 appearances. He's also become Kiddy's all time top scorer with 62 goals. Jamile Matt has also been decent up front, hitting 12 in 26, albeit mostly featuring from the bench.

Loran has been awesome at the back once more, and his young partner Carl Mchugh as been impressive too. Redmond on the left has been more impressive than Jamie Devitt on the right, who I had big hopes for. Another bright spark has been Darren Murphy in the middle of the park, always breaking down opponent moves and starting ours.

In the Cups we got knocked out of the Capitol One cup in the first round by Burnley. We didn't fare any better in the F.A Cup, losing out to MK Dons in the second round. The JPT is where we're making a name though, now in the semi final and facing Coventry. Should be a good game, and a sell out as they're quite local.

Speaking of sell outs, we've had a couple of them this year, and that's helped boost our finances - which are out of the red for the first time in ages. We're usually making around £40K a month in profit so I'll be able to ask for things soon. We've already boosted our junior coaching budget.

So things are going well, and we're safe in the this league. However after this start I'll be a touch disappointed if we fail to gain promotion.

@Delta - Cheers man, he hasn't quite turned out that way though :(

End Of Season Update 2013 / 2014 - Kidderminster Harriers FC.

Cups -

Went out of both the F.A cup and Capitol One cup early. We made it to the semi final of the JPT but lost to Coventry on penalties.

Key Players -

Anthony Malbon - Once again top scorer. We really relied on him this year and without him I am certain that we would not have been promoted. He even scored more in League 2 than he did in the BSP. Cracking player, love him.

Tyrone Loran - Another top season. When he was out we struggled.

Carl McHugh - Lorans partner at the back. Very good season and should only get better. Will be keeping him on.

Danny Redmond - Our main threat from midfield, scored a few, set up a lot. He's been excellent. Most assists in the league too.

Jamile Matt - Mainly used from the bench as we adopted a 4-5-1, but he saved a few games and always scored when called upon.

Overview -

I am extremely pleased, and a little shocked that we became champions of league two. It was tough at times and we had some crap results but we managed to keep ahead of the pack. Our fans were great and hopefully will keep coming in force next year. The ticket sales really helped us make a profit every month and actually took us into the black towards the end of the season. We're back in the red now but I expect that with money TV money and sponsorship, coupled with our low wage bill we'll make more money next season.

The cups weren't great, but the league was what mattered and I'm delighted we're up. Our goal next season is once more survival and I honestly can't see a treble promotion on the cards.

@ Gogo - I found Loran because I loaded Curacao. Malbon started at the club.

@Delta, Hyanimz + abulezz - Cheers lads, it's going to be much tougher in L1 though I fear. Malbon has been immense for me, my favourite player.

Pre Season Update 2014/2015 - Kidderminster Harriers FC.

Kidderminsterbadge.png

Transfers

Finances

Expectations

Key Players -

Curtis Nelson - A nice freebie, decent on past editions hopefully turns out well on FM13. Still my best centre back.

Joe McKee - Been trailing this guy since the BSP. Wanted him on loan time and time again but failed. Released by Bolton so I snapped him up. Set piece king.

James Laird - Free from Celtic, has potential and already a starting midfielder with Kenneally.

Overview -

So I've kept the bulk of my squad and added a bit of quality. I still look a bit short up top and if Malbon gets injured I may really struggle. However I think we have enough about us to stay up and I think our finances will get a massive boost this time around, we've sold over 2500 season tickets - up by 1000 on last year.

I'm going to look at upgrading our training and youth facilities if possible this year because I really want to start bringing youth through. I've also bought in some new staff so our backroom looks a lot better off this season.

I'm hoping for mid table at best, but I'll be happy with just staying up and a decent cup run :)

Top deals especially McKee and Laird. I can't believe a beast like Malbon would start at a BSP club and did you load up Curacao because you knew Loran was there?

Malbon was an £8K signing this summer just gone in real life. He has a decent scoring record at lower league but I think 16 finishing in game is a bit much, I'm not complaining though.

As for Curacao I only loaded it after reading a thread on here about lower league management, proved really handy. Thing is you can't scout players from there so it's a bit of a gamble.

Malbon was an £8K signing this summer just gone in real life. He has a decent scoring record at lower league but I think 16 finishing in game is a bit much, I'm not complaining though.

As for Curacao I only loaded it after reading a thread on here about lower league management, proved really handy. Thing is you can't scout players from there so it's a bit of a gamble.

Yes, sixteen finishing seems like overkill. I didn't know about Curacao being good but I had read about Guinea. That was good advice.

Malbon certainly got the job done - cant stress how important it is to have a dominant striker in those lower leagues! Fantastic attendance numbers, too :)

Malbon was **** hot at the start of last season for Newcastle Town before he earned his move to Kidderminster.

Ah, Monsieur Wenger, you think you would have learned not to underestimate Kiddy the first time around. That'll teach you to weaken your side.

Arsenalwin.png

Our reward? £70K and a home tie against Watford. I'm quietly confident.

Mid Season Update 2014/2015 - Kidderminster Harriers FC.

Key Players

Anthony Malbon - Once again tearing up the league. This kid just gets better and better and I really am amazed by how much he's improved, his composure and pace have risen considerably. I really hope he stays for life because he's my favorite player on FM13 and I want him to be a club legend. I also managed to tie him down for a little longer, but it's getting expensive now. Also club captain.

Tyrone Loran - Still going strong. Not used as much these days as he once was but every time he steps on the pitch he performs. A leader in the side and vice captain, I may offer him a new 1 year deal to keep him as back up. He never lets me down.

Jeremy Volnay - This guy came in when we were a blue square side, and never really got going. I was considering releasing him during the summer, but his cheap wages convinced me to keep him as back up. However he's reveling in my new 4-5-1 formation and putting in excellent performances. He's my surprise of the season for sure.

Danny Redmond - Yet again assist machine, with 13 so far. He can score, set them up, create space he's a top player for me. When he plays well things happen and I hope to keep him here for a little longer yet.

Curtis Nelson - As mentioned in my pre season update this kid would be the main man at the back. He plays almost every game and never disappointing. Top class and a star of the future for me.

Nadir Lamine - A cracking little player, always willing to bomb forward and whips in a decent cross. Always solid and offers going forward. He's really impressed me.

Mickey Demetriou - Another player from our BSP days. Still a top performer and whilst not the best player in the world, he works hard and never makes mistakes. Also capable of scoring from set pieces.

Overview -

Simply put, so far so good. Top of the league and looking good for Championship football next season, amazing support from the fans, we're slowly making money and we're still in the cups.

The league started with a 4-0 home defeat to Doncaster, and I thought that was a sign of things to come, but alas we turned it around and powered up the table. We've been fantastic all season no matter the opposition. Everyone is always motivated and we're keeping the wages low. The future looks bright. Malbon is again out top scorer by quite a way, and we're keeping a lot of clean sheets too, which is nice.

We're in the 5th round of the F.A cup, it's another dream tie - a trip to Old Trafford. We're also in the final of the JPT which is our realistic chance at cup silverware. Sadly though we were dumped out of the Capital One cup by Reading. With games coming thick and fast due to our cup runs and re-arranged league fixtures I've bought in some back up - Fred Salam to cover the right back and experienced midfielder Andreas Johansson.

Our finances are slowly rising but during the summer will once more take a hammering and end up in the red. It's frustrating as we simply can't afford anything, be it scouting the continent or upgrading any facilities it's just not happening. One worrying factor about our meteoric rise is that if we need to upgrade, expand or buy a new stadium it's really going to hit us hard.

Oh well, let's not worry about money, things are great and we're on the up.

Fantastic start to your career! You'll be in the Championship in no time.

Malbon's having a blinding season :cool:

Cheers lads :thup:. Malbon is just a beast. When he gets injured though we struggle a bit.

Some good news though, after a very busy February we've broken the million pound mark in the bank.

1mill.png

Doing Brilliantly. The finance look great now so that's a big plus.
The npower League One getting owned! Great job, both with the results and the finances - hopefully next year's youth intake will be better.
Great stuff, both on and off the pitch.

Cheers lads, it's been a great season I'm sure you'll see in my next update! :thup:

Shame we've been making losses recently though :(

End Of Season update 2014/2015 - Kidderminster Harriers FC

Key Players -

Anthony Malbon - Again our top scorer, he's been fantastic once again. When he scores we do well. Second highest scorer in the league, and voted our player of the year.

Curtis Nelson - Our young rock at the back, has been great. He will be at the heart of our defence again next term, this kid will only get better.

Cameron Park - On loan from Boro, has been our impact sub. Always pops up and creates, I will try and sign him during the summer.

James Laird - Might be young but he's been great. Ever present in our midfield this guy has kept us ticking over and scored the odd screamer. Also breaks up play.

Max Ehmer - On Loan from QPR, another top youngster but I doubt I can sign him. He has been great be it in midfield or at the back. Really pleased with him.

Overview -

What can I say? 3 Promotions on the trot, and three title wins. We've been fantastic yet again this year putting some excellent performances in after a slow start. We probably should have picked up more points but a 3 match losing run towards the end curtailed that. Malbon was great up top and really made this for us. We scored the most and conceded the least so I'm very happy with what we've achieved in the league. Wonderful league campaign, despite a small budget.

The cups went quite well too. We didn't win anything but our F.A cup run was brilliant, with our ties against Arsenal and Man Utd. Couldn't ask for more and really helped our finances. We lost out in the JPT northern final to Walsall on away goals, which was a bit annoying as I thought we could win it, but it wasn't to be. We were dumped out of the Capital One cup early on, by Reading.

So we're on the up, our stadium is becoming an all seater and we haven't needed a loan. Hopefully ticket sales at Villa Park will boost our coffers a bit. I know where I need to strengthen and another striker is a must, otherwise we will struggle next year. I would have liked an expansion too, as our fans packed out our stadium on a regular basis.

Onwards and upwards.

I really like the well-roundedness (?) of your team - Im sure your sponsorship numbers will rise in the coming seasons :)

Thanks man, I hope it does because we're still struggling financially.

I've only just managed to convince the board to do this..

youthfacilities.png

Well done securing promotion! Should get some decent gate receipts whilst sharing Villa Park too.
Great promotion! The youth facilites are a plus and the sponsorships improve at the end of each season when rep increase you may attract a new deal or have one renewed for a higher price.

Cheers guys. Our reputation is growing so hopefully when we renew our deals it will be a nice bonus for us.

Archived