Why do big teams give players away?

Plzying the demo and as with previous incarnations, I'm seeing transfers such as Kyle Walker to Man City for £15m. We know, objectively, that this transfer has no validity in real life. Big club selling top young British talent to rival for £15m. Then there's Martin Kelly to Chelsea for a mere £8m, and Faurlin being sold to Swansea for £3.5m(would he go anyway?). Also there's the same issue with buying players for filled positions. City have bought Garcia and Rodwell, to supplement Toure, Barry etc....yet buy Fellaini for £23m. Of course he's a player who City would probably be interested in, but it seems to be the same deal.

I'm not going to get into another debate about transfer realism, but I just want to know why this happens, and if there's anything to be done about it. I understand it's a complex game, but maybe work in the editor can help?

I have no problem with the Fellaini one, in all reality Everton would probably sell him for £23m. Can you see if any of those clubs have signed any new players for those positions, that would be the most plausible explanation?

I think the transfer system has improved year after year but is still a bit cold and hard in terms of PA,CA & Squad position. A question for SI (specifically on the Kyle Walker one), does a HG status have any bearing on transfer values / likelyhood?

Not defending FM, but you know, it's still just a game and not a perfect mirror of reality, weird stuff happens. They can't just hardcode the non-occurance of some transfers and besides there are also many transfers IRL that seem stupid/unrealistic and they still happen 'cause there is A LOT of stuff happening in behind the curtains that we're not aware of. And 20mln Euros for a full back is a LOT of money, I could see it happening IRL to be honest. Just look at Ashley Cole casus...

I can tell you that in my quick Demo play last night;

Chelsea bought Martin Kelly for £8m.

Man City Bought Fellaini for £23m & Kyle Walker for £15m

Swansea bought Faurlin for £3.5m

Does this mean that it's likely these same transfers will happen frequently at the beginning of the game?

With a bigger DB, perhaps not. City will have more to choose from.

I have no problem with the Fellaini one, in all reality Everton would probably sell him for £23m. Can you see if any of those clubs have signed any new players for those positions, that would be the most plausible explanation?

Everton hadn't signed anyone, no. Obviously they would sell for that money, but the point is City are inundated with CM's. Will we see the same imbalanced squad building in FM13?

Not defending FM, but you know, it's still just a game and not a perfect mirror of reality, weird stuff happens. They can't just hardcode the non-occurance of some transfers and besides there are also many transfers IRL that seem stupid/unrealistic and they still happen 'cause there is A LOT of stuff happening in behind the curtains that we're not aware of. And 20mln Euros for a full back is a LOT of money, I could see it happening IRL to be honest. Just look at Ashley Cole casus...

I know this, but i wanted to know why this happened;

City have 3 RB's, one of which is Maicon. I understand why they'd want Walker who is quality and English. However, Tottenham would not sanction a £15m deal for a top class English rB to a rival.

because of city bidding i had to pay stupid money for fellaini myself

there is another thing where players like yaya sanogo are 7.5 mill.

I bid Hummels down to 22m didn't have enough for upfront demands, got board to do transfers and they paied 25m or soemthing. erm... yea.

The funny thing is that somehow only holds true for AI transfers.

If I ask for any player as Man Utd I'm usually met with some outlandish transfer fee even for youth players that haven't proven anything yet.

Oh yeah and they also never want to leave for some reason.

Archived