Short Goal Kicks & Set Pieces - possible on FM13?

I am tearing my hair out on FM 13 at the moment with goal kicks and goalkeeper distribution in particular, but all set pieces really.

I'm trying to build a very patient, possession focused play style. No matter what settings I apply however, my GK just punts the ball long at every opportunity. My team instructions are slowest tempo, highest time wasting and we get some very nice possession as a result. But if the ball goes back to the 'keeper, even if both centre halves and wing backs are free, you can guarantee he'll punt it long.

So far I have tried with GK instructions:

Standard sweeper keeper (attack) with short passing set.

Very defensive mentality with zero creative freedom and then short passing.

Both combinations of the above but with passing just into mixed (maybe his passing range was too short to reach a defender?)

All combinations of the above with defender collect distribution - with and without defenders specified.

All combinations of the above with quick throw distribution - with and without defenders specified.

Can anyone suggest something here that I've missed? Fed up with wasting possession from long goal kicks.

Question is, how many other of the instructions are also broken but are not as obvious? My players certainly do not do half the things I ask them to do. I set my wingers to run with the ball yet every time they get the ball they just pass it back to the full back. I tell my players to pass short with little creative freedom, yet they lump it up field and out for a goal kick!

I think it is more than just goalkeeper distribution that is broken.

itsallaboutthierry, can you post a screenshot of your goalkeeper? it could be attribute related, or possibly like you say, that you are trying to restrict his options to much and by doing so are forcing him to hoof

Question is, how many other of the instructions are also broken but are not as obvious? My players certainly do not do half the things I ask them to do. I set my wingers to run with the ball yet every time they get the ball they just pass it back to the full back. I tell my players to pass short with little creative freedom, yet they lump it up field and out for a goal kick!

I think it is more than just goalkeeper distribution that is broken.

short passing clearly works, I mean if I can get my Stoke team to do it, then there cant be to much wrong with it

I have same issue,

gollkeper intstruction set "All combinations of the above with defender collect distribution - with and without defenders specified."

I watched full match. Goolkeeper goalkick 14 times and not pass defender he kicks ball away. This is annoying, Please fix this.

I have same issue,

gollkeper intstruction set "All combinations of the above with defender collect distribution - with and without defenders specified."

I watched full match. Goolkeeper goalkick 14 times and not pass defender he kicks ball away. This is annoying, Please fix this.

please log in the bugs forum - this section is not patrolled routinely by SI, they won't see you saying "please fix this" here.

Archived