[RELEASED] Carbon Skin 2013

ricki.bertolino

EDITED: Final version is now released!

I've played with the skin for a week now and I didn't find anymore problems; it also look like you guys didn't find any major issues, therefore I'm going to release the final version early (like now :))

link: http://www.mediafire.com/?xmzfklfcjebkn7e

If you are using the beta version I would suggest to download this version and copy over the existing fm2013carbon folder.

Changes:

- All instances of blurry text fixed

- "Contracted by..." text is now white

- Profile extra attributes are now white (they were grey)

- Default trophy colours changed to make white text more readable

- Some buttons in the match panels that were solid black are now transparent

- Table highlight made more transparent

Enhancements:

- Added Carbon 2013 XL - this version has bigger text.

Disclaimer: I added this because of some request, however it is not perfect. Some of the text are cut off (like titles in player profile), and there is no way to make it look good without a redesing of the panels (which I'm not going to do). If you are going to use this version don't message me about text issue that I'm aware of. Thanks.

Features of the skin:

- Dark look for all non match panels.

- Transparent look for all match panels, including floating widgets.

- Opposition instructions panel has extra view for quick selections of all opposition instructions.

- Player pick list does no longer have the different row colour for non picked players / sub players (all rows are always black)

- The note icon (the annoying yellow square on a player / staff if a note exists) has been removed

Happy playing you all :)

Screenshots:

b8a67246d07e605a2bcc38ac943786e5586ee1c6a4a033fe6c213fc302e657216g.jpg

05df92e0552c2cfc4156bf533db1fdefc414da69ac81fedfe2af2c2a5ac6ae7a6g.jpg

69a0b6bfe9aa11f5c43043d33809671cf156ba10e4315113b4956efe11e9f82b6g.jpg

bf8c5a5a29cc35ed31c54079d1d230aa9cd219f95d03d5bc164a4d5f384e218a6g.jpg

375a55173e76cfca345c61257cb7376eae6b0790797fe9ab2e5bd7d3ab6a6d2f6g.jpg

db2f8f75da8fcc447e049bbf00058d40ed93f3cb9675c4bfbe3746bcf6477ae96g.jpg

For example, in the key employees the names that are bold..

Also, I think this background (or a similar dark green) makes your skin even better, maybe you could add it as an option

Commenting about blurry text then suggesting a blurry background ?! If you like that background then why not just add it yourself ?

Could you please change one thing or at least make it an option?

When looking at a teams history overview page the trophies are silver with white writing on them. The numbers are almost invisible.

Please either make the numbers in black or make the trophies another colour?

I did have gold ones but I deleted everything for FM12 before playing FM13 so lost mine (stupid mistake I know).

When looking at a teams history overview page the trophies are silver with white writing on them. The numbers are almost invisible.

I did have gold ones but I deleted everything for FM12 before playing FM13 so lost mine (stupid mistake I know).

I'll take a look at it.

Not showing in the skins list folder is in the skins folder ?

you need to unzip the file and put the fm13carbon folder into My Documents\Sport Interactive\Football Manager 2013\skins. If you haven't installed a skin yet for FM13 then you won't have the skins folder; just create it manually and put the folder in there. Once you've done that you should be able to see the new skin in the skins list under preferences screen of the game

I fixed this; I added custom trophies with darker look. I will release this at the end of the week with the final release of the skin (aiming for Friday evening)

Hi, would it be possible please to have a full carbon skin ? I mean the carbon in the background as main background ( instead of deep black ) ?

Anyway thanks to all the modders, you are the only reason FM still have success.

Hi, would it be possible please to have a full carbon skin ? I mean the carbon in the background as main background ( instead of deep black ) ?

Anyway thanks to all the modders, you are the only reason FM still have success.

do you mean have all the screen looks like the carbon background that I'm using? all the widgets? Frankly that's not possible by using standard semi-transparent panels, as in some screens they overlap, and therefore they make the panels black no matter what. If you try to make them as little transparent as possible pages with non overlapping panels would look weird with no panels separation.

I think the only way would be to make the panels with carbon pattern themselves, but this would be a huge amount of work and not something that I would be able to make I'm afraid.

ricki.bertolino, what do I change to make the panels more transparent, to look more like the 'match-day' ones? Or do you have a more transparent set I could use?

There's a lot to be changed. All the panel graphics are generally in graphics/boxes. You need to play around with these graphics and see what changes in the skin.

Could you be more specific and tell me which text do you find blurry? I'll look into it.

In addition to what nik said, the ones that stand out are on the player attributes page, the nationality, age, footnedness etc. It crops up in other places as well such as the search results screen on all the tabs (People, Clubs, Nations, etc).

Looks good overall though

edit: Screenshot to illustrate

The text on the right for GK, condition etc are also grey so hard to read on the dark background.

Is it also possible at all to edit the attribute thresholds for normal, good, excellent within the xml files provided?

In addition to what nik said, the ones that stand out are on the player attributes page, the nationality, age, footnedness etc. It crops up in other places as well such as the search results screen on all the tabs (People, Clubs, Nations, etc).

Looks good overall though

edit: Screenshot to illustrate

The text on the right for GK, condition etc are also grey so hard to read on the dark background.

Is it also possible at all to edit the attribute thresholds for normal, good, excellent within the xml files provided?

Thanks for that. I'm reviewing all blurry text issues and I will fix them for the final release. I also noticed the issue with the grey text and I'm taking care of it.

Please keep them coming :)

Archived