From Zero's To Hero's

nastymiller

Myself and my son are loading all 34 nations and 87 leagues from Europe with a database of 75,000 players.

I will be starting with a team in the Blue Square South and my son will be with a team in the Blue Square North.

FM 2012 with latest updates.

Will update shortly with what teams we have gone for - they will be the teams expected to finish bottom of each league.

OK, so here goes:

My son's team is: Vauxhall Motors - Blue Square North.

No transfer budget and just £550 a week wage budget (of which he has £60 a week left to spend), the chairman will be happy for the club to avoid relegation.

Star player is: 21 year old Lloyd Saxton (Goalkeeper), he is yet to make a senior appearance having spent 4 years at Plymouth and a year at Bradford.

My team is: Thurrock - Blue Square South.

Again no transfer budget, but I have £1.3k to spend on wages (I am currently over the budget by £90 a week), and again my chairman will be happy for me to stay up.

Star player is: 32 year old Paul Terry (Defensive Midfielder/ M ©) has played over 400 league games and scored 36 goals.

Pre-Season, here we come.

Pre-Season Round Up:

Vauxhall Motors: Unbeaten run of 6 games, with 5 wins. 17 Goals scored 9 let in leaves the young man happy. He has brought a scout in look for more players, in regards players he has let 3 leave and brought in a young striker called Fergus Bell who is valued at £35k and a player he hopes hits 20 goals this season.

Thurrock: Not the best of pre-season, 3 wins, 2 draws and a defeat for me. 10 goals scored and 6 goals let in. No money to bring anyone in means the loan market, this however has left me with just 31 players who fancy joining my club. I have brought a keeper in for 3 months hoping it will give my 2 youth keepers a bit of a kick to catch him up quality wise as they are both very poor.

Aug 2011 Update:

Vauxhall Motors are currently in 4th place with 4 wins a draw and a single defeat, and Fergus Bell has hit 4 goals in 6 games and backing up his prediction of 20 goals in the season. The boardroom are warming to the young manager with 51% happiness.

Meanwhile Thurrock sit in 12th place with 2 wins, 2 draws and 2 defeats, Jamie Davis has 3 goals in 3 games and a boardroom happiness of 50%.

English transfer window roundup:

Over £141m was spent during the transfer window, Ganso has joined Man City from Santos of Brazil for £22m. Arsenal also bought a player from Brazil for £14.5m, Walter Montillo is the lad.

Fagner made it a third Brazilian to join English football, Spurs signing him from Vaso. Clint Dempsey joined Liverpool from Fulham for £6m. Everton paid £6m for Milan Badelj from Croatian club Dinamo.

Man City were the biggest spenders, splashing £40.5m on 3 players - £14.5m on Phil Jagielka from Everton, £22m on Ganso from Santos and £3.7m for Adam Campbell from Newcastle.

Hyde of the Blue Square Bet North brought the most players in with 10 players - sitting in 12th, the players have yet to gell.

Sept 2011 Update:

The young ones team goes from strength to strength with his wonder signing now sitting on 12 goals in 11 league games and helping his team to the top spot in the table. Fergus Bell also picked up the player of the month award. 64% job satisfaction leading into the month when the teams start their F.A.Cup qualification.

I however continue to struggle and have already called my first team meeting of the season, it went well with only a couple of players not improving confidence. Sitting in 16th point I really need to bring some players in, but there are only 26 that are available on loan and most are pants, however, it's plain to see some of my players need a bit of a kick up the butt. Jamie Davis continues to be my top scorer with 5 goals in 6 starts and 1 sub appearance.

Thanks for the feedback guys, and we are playing on one laptop - hope to get a few months completed today and be at least half way through the season by the end of tonight. If anyone wants to know what is happening in-game, then just ask the question. All European leagues and countries are loaded.

October 2011:

2nd place for the young one!!! Still only beaten once in the league, that being the opening game of the season! 8 wins, 7 draws and 1 defeat. 17 goals in 16 games for Fergus Bell in league and cup, but now out for 6 weeks!! However Leighton McGivern has taken up the mantal of goalscorer with 10 goals in 8 starts and 8 as sub. Vauxhall did Mossley 5-1 in the 2nd Qual. Rnd of the FA Cup, however they got beaten by Nantwich on pens after two close 1-1 draws. The boardroom % is showing 68 in favor of the young lad.

Another team meeting and now in the 'drop zone' Thurrock have just 13 points from 16 games and now in 21st place. The team have lost their on loan goalkeeper and have a youth player in the net now, which is not helping the 41 league goals shipped in so far. Boardroom happiness at just 47% at the moment, a couple of loan players have been brought in to push the current squad, they are no better, but something has to be tried.

Leading English League Goalscorers:

Premiership: Wayne Rooney - Man Utd 9

Championship: Three players on 8

npower League 1: Shefki Kuqi - Oldham 12

npower League 2: Alex Revell - Rotherham 11

Blue Square Bet Premiership: Liam Hearn - Grimsby 11

Blue Square Bet North: Paul Brayson - Harrogate 15

Blue Square Bet South: Bradley Bubb - Eastleigh 11

November 2011:

Vauxhall are still playing above expectations and sit top of the league, and with leading goalscorer Fergus Bell back in action I really can't see Vauxhall going down this season. Vauxhall have lost just 2 games in the league so far and have hit a whopping 41 goals in just 18 games. The young manager now says he wants the club to go up this season!!!

My Thurrock have made it through a month without a team meeting which has to be a good sign, still in the bottom 3 and now my captain and star player Paul Terry has jumped ship to Welling on a free transfer - I think December will be make or break for me and my team despite Drewe Broughton's 11 goals in 20 game attempt to keep us in the division.

Both clubs won their qualifying games in the F.A.Trophy

December 2011:

Don't know how he keeps doing it, but he does - what a month for the young man! Sitting 5 points clear at the top and a massive 11 points clear of dropping out of the play off's he just keeps on winning. Throw in an upcoming 2nd Round F.A.Trophy tie, Vauxhall are flying even after losing another 1st team player as the club can't afford to pay the wages the players are asking. Having 3 players already in double figures helps though as Fergus Bell (18 in 24 games), Leighton McGivern (12 in 23 games) and Josh Wilson (10 in 27 games), if he can keep these three then can he be in with a shout of going up? Southport are sniffing round McGivern though as he has refused to sign a new contract and is looking to move on.

I meanwhile have just about pulled myself out of the relegation zone, and still trying to get players in on loan as I too have no money to spend on wages. Main man Drewe Broughton could be off to Farnborough on a free as like my son, can't afford any wages and he wants too much to re-sign and currently playing for nothing. When he goes I may as well call it a day with these and get ready for that 1st relegation on my record.

Turn of the year league leaders:

Premiership: Man Utd with 45 points, 4 points clear of Man City.

Championship: West Ham with 48 points, goal difference clear of Cardiff.

npower League 1: Notts County with 53 points, 6 points clear of Colchester.

npower League 2: Plymouth with 45 points, 4 points clear of Bradford (My club Rotherham are in 8th place on 37 points).

Blue Square Premiership: Gateshead with 57 points, 9 points clear of Lincoln.

Blue Square Bet North: Vauxhall with 47 points, 5 points clear of Blyth.

Blue Sqaure Bet South: Eastleigh with 53 points, 8 points clear of Havent & W.

January 2012:

No stopping the young one as his team continue the fairy tail journey at the top of the table - now 7 points clear and 13 points clear of dropping out of a play off place, Vauxhall are flying. 65 goals in 28 league games one of the main reasons, Fergus Bell 17 in 24 league games (but looks like he will leave on a free as the board will not pay the wages his agent is demanding), Leighton McGivern 13 in 15 starts and 10 sub games are the man men. I keep on expecting his team to drop away, but they just keep winning 4 wins out of 4 this month, 3 in the league 4-2, 2-1 and 4-0 and a 6-1 win in the 2nd round of the FA Trophy.

My boys got spanked 6-1 in the first game of the month, they called a team meeting, I tore into them and every player lost morale....and with it, I thought the dressing room. That said, they bounced back with a 3-0 and 4-2 win and a 3-3 draw. Drewe Broughton did decide to jump ship and left for Eastbourne Boro - the other rat 'Terry' is playing not bad over at Welling and made his debut in the last match of January.

February 2012:

The young one is still at the top, but maybe, just maybe the first wobble has been seen!!! The board room happiness is still at 70%, despite being knocked out of the cup and suffering a first league defeat in a while. A couple of major first team players are now out for a month or two and it will be interesting to see if the team can keep grinding out results and see a promotion.

I however have dropped back into the relegation places after a very iffy month, ending in a 5-3 home defeat and another moody, tear the paint of the walls type meeting. I'm sick of trying to raise the players morale and then them moaning they don't deserve praise! Well if i'm going to have a relegation on my record then these muppets are going to be given some harsh words over the final few months, the board are 49% satisfied with my performance.

Leading English League Goalscorers:

Premiership: Robin van Persie - Arsenal 17

Championship: Jay Emmanuel-Thomas - Ipswich 20

npower League 1: Gary Alexander - Brentford 20

npower League 2: Alex Revell - Rotherham 17

Blue Square Bet Premiership: Liam Hearn - Grimsby 19

Blue Square Bet North: Dan Holeman - Histon 20

Blue Square Bet South: Bradley Bubb - Eastleigh 22

March 2012:

The bubble seems to have burst for the young one and his Vauxhall side, after leading the league for such a long time, its now been 4 league games since he last won, 2 draws and 2 defeats have seen him slip to 2nd. His side should however see a play off place secured within the next game or two, but with just 5 games left I think the league title is out of the question.

I however know exactly what is happening with my jokers, and that's relegation. A last roll of the dice has seen 3 players arrive on loan after 1 win, a draw and 2 defeats in the last 4 games. The team are now 3 points behind a safe spot of 19th place and 5 points from 18th. The little one did say 'quit dad so you don't have a relegation on your record', no way...I will go down fighting.

With a month to go league leaders:

Premiership: Man Utd with 73 points, 8 points clear of Man City.

Championship: West Ham with 79 points, 5 points clear of Cardiff.

npower League 1: Brentford with 77 points, 8 points clear of Yeovil.

npower League 2: Swindon with 70 points, 2 points clear of Barnet (My club Rotherham are in 7th place on 62 points).

Blue Square Premiership: Gateshead with 84 points, 16 points clear of Fleetwood.

Blue Square Bet North: Histon with 77 points, 4 points clear of Vauxhall.

Blue Sqaure Bet South: Eastleigh with 77 points, 2 points clear of Havent & W.

Games to go: 5

Vauxhall 5 - 0 Blyth : Vauxhall secure a play-off spot with a tonking win over Blyth, Vauxhall are currently 4 points behind Histon who won 4-1 away at Hinckley.

Thurrock 2 -1 Bromley: An unlikely victory for me and my boys keep me in 20th place, now 2 points from safety.

Just 4 games to go now, and Darlington have said I am favorite for the managers job (they are already relegated from the Blue Square Bet Prem and just sacked their manager).

Games to go: 4

Histon 3 - 1 Vauxhall: Histon top now with a 7 point lead, and I reckon the title it theirs now, lots of missed chances for a team that have not found it hard to hit the back of the net.

Dover 2 - 0 Thurrock: Never in with a chance, but still only 2 points away from safety.

Just 3 games to go now, and my board are not happy with me and me saying I would like the Darlo job, well board, kiss my butt, you gave me nothing but a black mark on my cv....they offer me the job, im offski.

Games to go: 3

Vauxhall 0 - 3 Nuneaton: Histon win the league after a shocking home defeat, lets hope the team can find their scoring boots for the play-offs.

Eastbourne 2 - 1 Thurrock: Took an early lead, but lost to a couple of second half goals, only chance we have now is that we have our last 2 league games at home.

Just 2 games to go now, and I am really hoping the young lads team can find a bit of form to go into the play-offs.

Games to go: 2

Gloucester 1 - 3 Vauxhall: Much better with a great away win and three goals, just 1 more league game to go, then the play-off games.

Thurrock 1 - 2 Tonbridge: Team meeting before the last game of the season and a last chance to stay up, told the lads this will the last game together if we don't win it and have things go our way - the dressing room was left divided, and now only fate will decide what happens - I don't think letting in over 80 goals in a season means we should stay up.

Final games of the season to come, then the young man hits the play offs!!

Games to go: 1

Vauxhall 0 - 0 Colwyn Bay: A quite finish to the season and now a 2 leg play-off against Stalybridge who finished 10 points behind them.

Thurrock 1 - 1 Farnborough: A crappy end to a crappy season, and one that saw the team finish bottom!! If we would have won we would have stayed up too

Over to the little one now, and let's see where I end up now - it's job hunt time.

Play Off Time:

The young one went into the play-offs knowing whatever happened he would be seen in a great light within the footballing world, Stalybridge were beaten 1-0 home and away and thus a final against FC Halifax.

But the bubble burst in the final and the team would play Blue Square Football North for another season having lost 2-0.

Hopefully the board will offer the young gaffer a new contract and also increase all budgets so the team can kick on and get promoted next season.

I meanwhile have dropped on my feet having been given the Woking job in the Blue Square South.

May 2012:

Players are off on holiday and as managers we have time to look back on a season of first's in your first season. My son gets a 2nd place and a play-off final medal (losers as I keep reminding him to the point of tears.....I really shouldn't, but you have to hay!)

I get the sack, and end up with a better club than him (as I keep reminding him to the point of tears.....I really shouldn't, but you have to hay!)

So with initial budgets set (he has 1k a week and me 6k) its on with building squads for the new season. He is waiting for a duo of Nigerians coming on freebies and paying them just 100 quid a week (both 5 star with the potential of League 2 players), but the work permit is holding him up. The Vauxhall board have also decided to increase the capacity of the ground by 500 (standing).

I meanwhile am over my wage budget, so I'm looking to ship out quite a few players that I don't think are really up to the standard, they are on less than 100 quid a week, but if I can get 7 or 8 out, that should be 3 or 4 really good players for this level in.

Let season 2 commence.

Archived