french regens?

It could depend on your club's knowledge of scouting globally, your local area to them, or where the knowledge of your scouts is??

I started in League One of England, limited to scouting only UK and Ireland, and 2 out of 3 of my scouts were bizarrely German as they were the best of a bad bunch I could hire as scouts, but then when I did any player search it was all German regens.

Now I've expanded my scouting to Europe, most of my scouts are scouring France so am getting French regens in my search, which makes sense to me...

It could depend on your club's knowledge of scouting globally, your local area to them, or where the knowledge of your scouts is??

I started in League One of England, limited to scouting only UK and Ireland, and 2 out of 3 of my scouts were bizarrely German as they were the best of a bad bunch I could hire as scouts, but then when I did any player search it was all German regens.

Now I've expanded my scouting to Europe, most of my scouts are scouring France so am getting French regens in my search, which makes sense to me...

when we say player search i mean not sending the scouts out just on the player search screen, whichh i always assumed should be all players in there, even so there is hardly any english players worth over 1m, seems bit odd to me

When I say player search I mean what's there on the screen in bold blue letters....

"x players found in your scouting and knowledge range" on the player search screen for your club. It's there. Right at the top of the list of any players that will show up in any player search.

What is the problem with the value? From what I can see promising youngsters are expensive?

I agree it is weird that every Ligue 1 team has 5 or 6 kids with world superstar PA each year tho

It's more that regardless of the club you manage and your level of scouting knowledge (specifically of France), when you go into the player search screen and filter by age > Max 17 almost all of the top players in the list when sorted by value are guaranteed to be French.

Isn't this because in France players can sign a pro contract at 17 whereas in most other countries it is 18 (or maybe it's 16 & 17, can't remember), so their value begins to rises sooner?

Something about this rule is different in this FM to previous ones. Managing Celtic in Scotland I have a 15 year old newgen on a pro contract and out on loan.

Edit...Actually he just was able to be loaned out at 15 but 6 days into the loan deal he turned 16 and that's when he signed his first pro contract.

Archived