FM 13 Club Management - Love/Loyalty or Big Bucks?!

So I'm currently stuck between the love of a club & the chance of managing a top club with lots of money floating around.

I'm currently managing my beloved Liverpool & have the 1st team the way I want. But recently Real Madrid came in for me and promised me a 4 year deal, 133m transfer funds and 2.8m wage limit for players. Currently with Liverpool despite having the 1st team I want, I have 1.7m wage limit, next to 0 transfer kitty.

What would you all do in this occassion ? I advised Madrid to give me a week to think about it. Unfortunately there was no option to select end of season because I would do that in a second. If I leave Liverpool after only 1 and a bit seasons, I don't think I could ever be given the job back in say 4-5 seasons after being at Real Madrid.

What should I do ? I'm torn :(

Stick with your own team and take them to the top, no matter how long that takes. A big money move will ruin your save and you'll regret it, imo. :D

thing is, the only thing left to do at Liverpool is to win the Champions League, I won the League & Fa Cup, Europa League & League title in the 1st season. Right now it's 52% staying at Liverpool 48% leaving.

thing is, the only thing left to do at Liverpool is to win the Champions League, I won the League & Fa Cup, Europa League & League title in the 1st season. Right now it's 52% staying at Liverpool 48% leaving.

Well, I'm not so sure what you should do now.

See if you can win the Champions League?

First time I see a thread like this in which Liverpool are the smaller option :D

There is never a right answer to this kind of question which will not foremost and mainly depend on what you want to achieve in FM, which parts of the game are the most fun to you, what your recent saves were like and whether the current situation you are in is fun and motivating to you. Therefore I really can't help you.

As great as it is to manage a club of Real's stature, the novelty soon wears off because you can buy whoever you want and you have a much stronger squad available. I used to manage at clubs like like all the time, but it got boring - so I totally support your decision to stay at Liverpool

I have my own problem now.

Currently I am managing Mirandela in the Portuguese third tier, 2/3 of the way through the 2nd season. The 1st season was great with us finishing 2nd but with the way the league works we didn't get promotion. Now though, in the 2nd season I'm 23 points off top spot/promotion with only 11 games to go so my season is pretty much over (top side is unbeaten) and now I'm unsure of what to do. My managerial performance so far has only warranted a regional reputation so finding a new job would be hard.

1. Stay on with Mirandela till the end of the season, with the view to carry on next season? Despite knowing all staff and player contracts run out at the end of the season.

2. Stay on until the end of the season, then leaving the club?

3. Resign now and try and find a new job with minimal rep?

I'm really stuck on what to do. :D

Archived