Is it possible to play same game on 2 different computers?

I am getting FM13 in Friday and will install onto my PC but i will be getting a laptop soon and prefer playing on that as came play anywhere. Will it be possible to continue my saved game from my pc onto the laptop if i sign in via steam?

You can play on 2 computers, but technically only one at a time.

Your save game will not transfer automagically, but is very easy to do. In 'Your Name' > 'My Documents' > 'Sports Interactive' > 'Football Manager 2013' is a save-game folder, I think called 'games'. Just copy the right save game file from there onto a USB or email it to yourself, and then put it into the same folder on the other machine. Will have to do this every time you wish to switch between the two, over-writing older versions where appropriate, but it isnt too strenous a task

drop box in mac, but in theory will this work if I save the above folder to an external HD? I have the same question as the OP, but i'm looking to begin my game on an old laptop but then invest in a new desk top in the new year and dont want 2 months worth of hard work to disappear.

• 2 weeks later...

I am playing FM13 with my desktop at home, but i have to carry my laptop for working elsewhere later. Is it i can also play with my laptop by just install Steam, run it in Library and copy my save from PC to laptop? Any impact if i used to play in Steam offline mode with my PC at home?

• 5 months later...

Is it possible to move my editor data from one computer to another? I have just got a new laptop which is much better than my crap old PC, however I have a lot of edited files on my PC. I want to start a new save game on my laptop but I don't want to mess around editing all the data again.

I have downloaded this Dropbox thing but still don't have a clue how to move my edited data.

I'm not sure how drop box works when I moved some stuff across I just used a usb flash drive, I went to.

User > Documents > Sports Interactive > Football Manager 2013 > Editor Data

I saved everything in there onto a usb flash drive. Then on the new PC moved everything into the editor data folder and it worked.

Right thanks. I haven't got a USB or anything, but I think I have worked it out how to get it from my PC to my laptop. How do I now move the editor data into the editor file on the laptop? As when I load up FM editor it just has the original data.

Can anybody please help with this? I am completely confused. When I try to put it in my editor folder on the new laptop, nothing shows up when I load up the FM editor. I have tried to email it to myself to do it but when I try to attach it, it says there is nothing in my FM editor folder. How do I get the editor data into that? I am obviously missing something simple,as I am a novice. (When I load the editor data in my PC, the files ARE there, so I know I have them.)

I have managed to find the saved editor data I want and get it onto my laptop. How do I now make it so I can load it up when I open up FM Editor? As that folder is STILL empty, despite me now placing it in the correct folder (I think). Does the fact it is a DBC file rather than a folder file make any difference? And if so, how do I change that?

It shouldn't make any difference if it's a DBC file or an xml file. Are you sure you've put it in the right editor data folder?

Hi, my problem was, I was trying to take the FM Editor file, rather than the editor data from FM. Once I worked that out as I had no editor data files saved to my laptop, I created a new folder, and that still didn't show it up, despite me finally working out which one I needed.

So I deleted the folder, went into the editor, created a save, which then created me an editor data folder, and I put the correct file in that folder!

All done now, thanks for your help.

Haha, it's very easy once you know how!

Yes, I think if I have to do it again, I will remember! It is actually very simple and straightforward if you actually go to the correct folders and files!

Archived