What to do? Career Move.

I have a problem.

Currently I am managing Mirandela in the Portuguese third tier, 2/3 of the way through the 2nd season. The 1st season was great with us finishing 2nd but with the way the league works we didn't get promotion. Now though, in the 2nd season I'm 23 points off top spot/promotion with only 11 games to go so my season is pretty much over (top side is unbeaten) and now I'm unsure of what to do. My managerial performance so far has only warranted a regional reputation so finding a new job would be hard.

1. Stay on with Mirandela till the end of the season, with the view to carry on next season? Despite knowing all staff and player contracts run out at the end of the season.

2. Stay on until the end of the season, then leaving the club?

3. Resign now and try and find a new job with minimal rep?

I'm really stuck on what to do. :D

Stick it out man, it's what the game is all about - I'd start identifying transfer targets to bolster the weak(er) areas of your squad as well as marking out the players in your squad who aren't up to scratch. In the mean time try and find ways of improving the club finances (friendlies and such) then roll into the next season. You'll get a much greater sense of accomplishment if you stay with the team you're with just now and start doing well with them compared to if you leave and can only think of "what could have been"!

Have faith!

It's difficult down there, took me a few attempts to get out of the 3rd tier in Portugal. As for your options:

1. Stay on with Mirandela till the end of the season, with the view to carry on next season? Despite knowing all staff and player contracts run out at the end of the season. Players and staff not doing so good anyway so no loss if they go. Getting a complete new squad in is hard work though so I wouldn't consider this an option

2. Stay on until the end of the season, then leaving the club? If you're doing crap and leaving anyway do you really want to prolong the agony?

3. Resign now and try and find a new job with minimal rep? Only sensible option imo. Try and get a new job as soon as possible. If you can get one before the window opens it will give you some scouting time.

Stay. Help Mirandela to the top!
Stick it out man, it's what the game is all about - I'd start identifying transfer targets to bolster the weak(er) areas of your squad as well as marking out the players in your squad who aren't up to scratch. In the mean time try and find ways of improving the club finances (friendlies and such) then roll into the next season. You'll get a much greater sense of accomplishment if you stay with the team you're with just now and start doing well with them compared to if you leave and can only think of "what could have been"!

Have faith!

That is tempting.

It's difficult down there, took me a few attempts to get out of the 3rd tier in Portugal. As for your options:

1. Stay on with Mirandela till the end of the season, with the view to carry on next season? Despite knowing all staff and player contracts run out at the end of the season. Players and staff not doing so good anyway so no loss if they go. Getting a complete new squad in is hard work though so I wouldn't consider this an option

2. Stay on until the end of the season, then leaving the club? If you're doing crap and leaving anyway do you really want to prolong the agony?

3. Resign now and try and find a new job with minimal rep? Only sensible option imo. Try and get a new job as soon as possible. If you can get one before the window opens it will give you some scouting time.

But as you say finding players and staff is such an arduous task, especially when your scouting knowledge is relatively poor. I would move but with such a low rep where could I go? The lower leagues of Italy and England will provide me with the most options I suppose.

If only I'd have got promotion in the first season! :D

But a new club has a new base of players. There should be some talent in there worth giving a shot so wouldn't be a complete re-build.

Have you got Belgium lower tiers loaded? If so try and get a job in the 3rd division. Mainly amateur clubs and will employ anyone :D

I meant to say if I stayed on. :D

Not at the moment but they could be added in, is the add/remove leagues feature working properly now?

Archived