Question regarding the purchase of game through Steam....

Hi all, just want to ask what will probably be deemed a bit of a silly question to most.

If i purchase the game today via steam, does this mean i get to play the BETA version today and then at midnight it updates to the full game, this meaning i don't recieve the CD and manual ? (i don't need either but thought i'd just check it's different than pre-ordering from say, HMV)

Anyway, appreciate anyone who can advice

cheers,

I doubt you'll even need a code or anything to update the game to the full version. Steam will know you bought it. You could start playing in 30 mins, or how ever long it takes to download the game on your connection, and not notice any difference when the full game goes live.

Correct on all accounts.

You won't get a CD but there may well be a manual somewhere in the Steam files for FM somewhere on the C drive.

Excellent - so nothing gets delivered at all ? I just won't be at home and didn't want a blumin note from postman telling me a had to go to the post office to pick something up, if that was the case, i'd wait and just buy it from a shop tomorrow or something.

Just read people have had a few problems with Steam (?) it seems to be the better way to go with the no delivery and the auto update(too good to be true?) i assume people have ordered from Play.com etc, etc to get the disc and manual delivered rather than perhaps just using a unreliable Steam ? Your advice would be greatly appreciated. ;-)

ignore the people with issues on steam...

if you do have an issue, it's usually fixed within minutes if you just ask and give the info on here :)

Any issues you have with steam would be due to high capacity on release of a big game like fm.. but you would have that regardless of you having the dvd or not as you need to update via steam even with it.

steam is brilliant.. buy it now and be merry :)

Just read people have had a few problems with Steam (?) it seems to be the better way to go with the no delivery and the auto update(too good to be true?) i assume people have ordered from Play.com etc, etc to get the disc and manual delivered rather than perhaps just using a unreliable Steam ? Your advice would be greatly appreciated. ;-)

People will always have problems with software, but much of it is probably of their own doing. Don't believe any of the anti-hype regarding Steam. I've been using Steam for 4 years now, I have well over 100 games (not played them all...get excellent sales and have bought packages) and I've had next to no problems with the software. The most cause for alarm that I have had is problems regarding my modem updating and changing my IP address, and that was easily fixed.

If you like gaming, other than FM, then you'll love Steam. Trust me.

Archived