Steam activation

Apologies in advance for the stupidity but if someone could please answer me this:

I will be purchasing the game through Steam. If I log onto my Steam account through my PC at work and upload the game can I then go home and play it on my laptop?

I won't be playing the game at work ever but the broadband signal is a lot better and it might take hours to download it if I do it at home

Hope I make some sort of sense!

You have to download the full game on every computer you want to play it on. So if you want to play it on your laptop at home, you have to download the game onto that laptop.

Best thing to do is buy a boxed copy.

It's permanently linked to his Steam account, so he just needs to double click on it in his steam library from the laptop and it'll start downloading.

Yea, but based on the comment from the OP saying it will take hours to download I assumed he didn't want to have to download the game onto his laptop from his home broadband connection. The OP clearly says he wants to download the game at work, and play the game at home on his laptop without having to download it on his laptop.

Another suggestion is if the OP can get his laptop connected the broadband at his work, download the game at work, then take home and play.

The install is 2gb or something, he could pop it on a USB stick. I've copied fm12 to my wife's laptop this way before , installed steam , started the fm dl then stopped it , copied files over, restarted steam and verified install.

Wasn't sure you would be allowed to do this, but yea if you can then thats a great solution.

The install is 2gb or something, he could pop it on a USB stick. I've copied fm12 to my wife's laptop this way before , installed steam , started the fm dl then stopped it , copied files over, restarted steam and verified install.

Actually you dont need to start install at all(ofcourse you need the game installed in your steam first), you copy steam folder to a portable device like USB or external HD, and then you delete everything but steamapps folder and steam.exe and then you run steam.exe and then steam Will Update and after that you have the game ready for you inside steam

Edit: this requires that you remember your steam login and password

Apologies in advance for the stupidity but if someone could please answer me this:

I will be purchasing the game through Steam. If I log onto my Steam account through my PC at work and upload the game can I then go home and play it on my laptop?

I won't be playing the game at work ever but the broadband signal is a lot better and it might take hours to download it if I do it at home

Hope I make some sort of sense!

Yes provided you are logging into the same Steam account and that work will allow you to install Steam and download FM.

Download FM at work

Once it has downloaded (might be best to wait to see if there is a day one patch aswell)

Either use the Steam backup tool to copy the files to a usb stick or disk or just manually copy the contents of the Steam\steamapps\common\football manager 2013\ folder.

Then at home either copy the files back or run the backup disk.

It will then update and check the files and then load the game.

Archived