Optimizing FM13 performance.

So I've been playing the Beta for about a week now and really getting back the love I had for the game, mind you I'm playing FMC so these questions are for that, but I do suspect it can also apply for the full game.

I find that the game is a bit sluggish when for example changing something in my tactic, picking the position for a player with the right click or moving from: Overview to Team Inst. or w/e. - it basically feels like when you are the one connecting a network game - you have to give it time between making your selections and etc.

My computer specs are:

Intel E6600 - 2.4 GHz

3 gb of RAM

ATi Radeon 4850

90GB OCZ SolidState Hard Drive

Now is there anyway to get FM to be quicker, I would think that computer is good enough to run these things smoothly - Any one got any tips how they got the game to be somewhat quicker ?

I remember on the old version, sometimes my 2D engine would start to jitter, it would work to change the affinity of the processors to either CPU0 or CPU1 - but that doesn't seem to help this.

It's really annoying having to have to give the game 2 seconds to think when lining up your team before games, and making changes.

Also I could go and get more RAM and get a GeForce 245 graphics card, should that be something to look into ?

If you play FM only without other stuff running in the background I doubt that increasing the memory over 4GB will help you. Just run FM, open the task manager -> performances and you will see how much RAM FM13 is using. Usually it never goes beyond 3GB.

Try disabling GPU Rendering, and see if having your CPU do it changes the menu speeds. I had a slight delay in certain areas with GPU. None with Software.

wow thanks for that mate, tried it and at least picking the squad is now blazing fast ! great answer !

• Administrators

GPU rendering essentially means the graphics card does the work. This is great for powerful cards as it will increase rendering performance.

Software means it's the game/OS I believe that does it, much like in older versions of FM. I'm not a coder, but that's roughly how I understand it works.

I have MacBook Pro Retina 15'' with 2.3 Quad Core i7 - 8GB RAM - Intel HD Graphics 4000 + Nvidia GeForce GT 600.. The performance will be extreme in my laptop but the resolution can be better in future.. Such as HD :)

Welcome to "HD 3D 3D" in FM 20xx -- just put on your 3D glasses, start your FM on a 40'' monitor, begin your game in 3D view and enjoy :lol:

I was having problems with the match engine being choppy and making tactical changes in game were painfully slow. I turned off the "show depth of field", seems to have fixed the problem. Also setting power saving options on control panel to " high performance" has helped. I'm using a Samsung RV511, 2.53ghz, Intel i3, 3gb RAM.

Archived