Analysing Performances (FM13)

I just wanted to ask a few of you around here how you analyse performances of your teams.

I always find it pretty difficult to see why my team goes from being on-form to losing it all. I try looking at where goals are coming from and tweaking tactics based on strengths of the team but do you have any other advice which could help?

Cheers.

I just wanted to ask a few of you around here how you analyse performances of your teams.

I always find it pretty difficult to see why my team goes from being on-form to losing it all. I try looking at where goals are coming from and tweaking tactics based on strengths of the team but do you have any other advice which could help?

Cheers.

Well, I usually do this on more of a "who should I sub in?" basis during the actual match. I look at the current performance rating (say if its 6.5 or below) and their current psychological evaluation. For example if he's rated 6.6 and is "looking uninterested" then I'll probably have him as a candidate for replacement as his replacement is probably going to make more of an impact.

Once the game is done though... I dunno, I just try to reward strikers for obviously better performances. Sometimes I get annoyed with a defender or a goalie though and have him sit 1 or 2 out.

Cheers boys. From this I'm guessing that you don't do too much analysis around when you score/concede goals or from which areas on the field etc?

What about tinkering with roles based on how a player is performing (eg. change him from ball winning midfielder to defensive midfielder)?

Cheers boys. From this I'm guessing that you don't do too much analysis around when you score/concede goals or from which areas on the field etc?

What about tinkering with roles based on how a player is performing (eg. change him from ball winning midfielder to defensive midfielder)?

I love how they show you the player's Average Rating per position. I really wish they would add tracking by role as well. Average Rating is a huge metric for me and other than really focusing on the matches and watching a player in each role (something I don't do), I don't know how you would judge performance differences based on role.

The rating is semi-meaningless overall as it depends strongly on who the player is playing against and what you are asking of him. To really get behind this, you'd have to look at individual stats and their context. Keeping CRonaldo contained is more of an achievement than preventing Heskey from scoring.

My analysis is pretty complex to set up, but does work wonders when used with a really good scout looking at upcoming opponents.

On the squad screen, i create custom stats for each position (GK CB FB DMC MC AMC MRL AMRL CF SC) each custom screen will show stats relevent to that position (i.e I don't really care how many goals my full back has or how many tackles my poacher has made) so for example my midfielders will have stats for everything, where possible broken down into per 90 minutes or per game.

So the scout sends in his report and highlights that Team X have a strong Right winger, I will pick the left midfielder with the most tackles per game etc. It takes ages to decide what stats you want for each position, and to get them displayed how you like, but since using this methid I have managed to take Dover to the top flight (FM11) and turned Gillingham in to a Europen power house.

Archived