My laptop isn't the best of the lot, but i'm trying to work out how to increase speed?

If you search msconfig and go to startup programs and disable everything apart from your antivirus, not only will this help speed up fm13 you should see an overall increase in speed upon loading windows. You could also go to task manager and see what applications are running, and what applications are using the most memory.

If you search msconfig and go to startup programs and disable everything apart from your antivirus, not only will this help speed up fm13 you should see an overall increase in speed upon loading windows. You could also go to task manager and see what applications are running, and what applications are using the most memory.

Isn't this what this gamebooster thingy does? Shutting down stuff that is not absolutely necessary when gaming?

I have a new SSD and I really do NOT see any difference in loading/saving time!! BUT overal windows performance has got a huge boost with the SSD ;)

Strange. And your FM and saves are actually on the SSD? For me, I noticed a significant speed increase (loading and saving) when I swapped my spin disk for a SSD. Have saving as a automatic 3 file rolling save, every fortnight - the saving is so quick I don't even notice it.

Isn't this what this gamebooster thingy does? Shutting down stuff that is not absolutely necessary when gaming?

I dont use game booster so I am not sure of its use.

Strange. And your FM and saves are actually on the SSD? For me, I noticed a significant speed increase (loading and saving) when I swapped my spin disk for a SSD. Have saving as a automatic 3 file rolling save, every fortnight - the saving is so quick I don't even notice it.

Very strange then. I have done a fresh win7 install and only have a 256gb SSD and no hard disk. But indeed it is very strange that FM doesn't save faster than before..

I dont use game booster so I am not sure of its use.

Neither do I, but I have a couple of friends who's tried Gamebooster with different games, and they can't tell the difference. Probably because their hardware's already more than capable of handling anything that's going on. I can't think of anything else such software could actually help with, other than to shut down "uneccessary" processes and services. Something you could do yourself, manually - using 3rd party software is just quicker.

And it (gamebooster) will most probably only help if your hardware is struggling to cope already.

Archived