The Journey Of A Thousand Miles Begins With A Broken Fan Belt And A Flat Tyre.

B.W.G

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been in charge of Sunderland for seven games,won six,drawn one and won the league :D I am hoping that having good facilities will help us in the future,especially if we can get the youth facilities upgraded as that will help massively.

sunderland-badge2_zpsd14aba06.jpg

Sunderland - Blue Square Bet Premier - April 2026

Fixtures

ead48f90-bb76-465b-a358-b331c49eaa8f_zpsf960a0f3.jpg

League Table

BlueSquareBetPremier_OverviewStages_zps5fa7b0bc.png

Manager's Thoughts

I can't believe we managed to pull it off,seven games in charge and a title victory to go with it!For the first time since 2007,Sunderland have a trophy to add to their cabinet and maybe just maybe,this is the change of fortune Sunderland needed for moving back up the leagues.The Ebsfleet victory had two effects,it gave us a massive morale boost and caused a downfall in Ebsfleet's fortunes.The game against Woking was a disappointment but due to bettering Ebsfleet's result,it meant that we were guaranteed promotion.Ebsfleet's misery didn't end there as they lost in the playoff semi-final to Forest Green.Sunderland's two season spell in the non-league is now over.Time for a mini celebration!

I know,they had several seasons of financial difficulties and ten point deductions.I need some good cup runs next season as the debt will be bigger,that or a tycoon comes to rescue the club!You are right with the fact it will be fun to resurrect them :D

It is but I've got them out of that predicament,we're now a tier 4 side instead :D It will be a great challenge as we seem to be losing a lot of money,hopefully some good cup runs will help us next season!

Dexter_Morgan - Cheers fella :D This is my restoration project!

deltablue - It will be,there are some big teams falling down the leagues.Everton are currently in League 1,they could follow the Sunderland route if they are not careful as they have had difficulties with their finances as well!

Sunderland - Blue Square Bet Premier - End of Season 2025/26

2025/26 Transfers

I can't say I am overly happy with the way the previous manager conducted his transfers,I'll give the permanent players a chance as they deserve at least that under my management but I cannot stand loaning so many players.All that is to me is the manager covering weaknesses in the team which should be dealt with permanently and not leave it to a late date but that is just the way I manage.I would have hope to have kept some of the better players who left but I will have to make do with what I have till the Summer transfer window.

Competitions

Blue Square Bet Premier

League Table

Not really much I can say here except for Ebsfleet blew it big time.I took over when we 8 points behind Ebsfleet with 7 games to go and in 3rd position.We won six and drew the other game to clinch the title with a 4 point lead of Ebsfleet who we beat 2-1 in one of our 6 victories of my reign!I have taken Sunderland out of their darkest days and now we can see a bit of light as we are now back in the football league since being relegated in 22/23!A lot of the players will be able to take a step up but we will definitely need to strengthen the midfield as that is very weak.

FA Cup

2nd Round

They had a mini run in the competition,they beat Gateshead in the 4th qualifying round while they eased past Farnsborough with a 1-0 victory in the 1st round.I think Sunderland were unfortunate to draw Everton in the 2nd round,they managed a creditable 1-1 draw with in the actual game but Everton overpowered them with a 3-1 victory in the replay.Was a good try though.

FA Trophy

1st Round

Abysmal effort by the team under the previous manager,they could have easily won this competition but I am guessing they did not take it seriously.Nothing I can do to redeem it as we won't be playing in this competition next season.

Players,Stats and Awards

Best XI 25/26 - Overall Best XI

Quick look at the Player Stats for the season.

Top Scorer

Patrick Russell - 31 Goals

Was the top scorer by quite some distance last season as he topped the chart with 31 goals,he also provided 10 assists which shows he has an all round game to him.He may not be the best technically but he knows where the net is which is the most important thing to me.He will be able to make the step up next season and will probably be the main goal scoring threat next season but with the way we play then he should be able to get chances to score.His performances this season saw him pick up Fans Player of Year.

Most Assists

Kenny Erwin - 14 Assists

Had a very good season on the right wing where he topped the assist chart with 14 but he also helped with the goal scoring as he netted 11 times from 50 appearances.He averaged at 7.03 which doesn't seem great but it picked up towards the end of the season as he seemed to prefer playing in my formation than a normal 4-4-2.He is a player who will be able to take step up into League 2,that much I am sure of.Will be getting a lot of game time next season as he is the stand out performer in that position.

Special Mention

Kris Hughes

Very good season off the Welshmen who was able to contribute with scoring and providing assists.He played 41 times,scored 12 goals and provided 7 assists from the wing.He will be able to make the step up next season as he should be a good league 2 player so it is essential that we keep him for next season and get him to sign a new contract as he could be a useful backup in the future.

Manager's Thoughts

I have only been in charge for seven games and I still can't make a judgement on the team as it is far too short amount of time to make a judgement and yet here I am after seven games leading the club to promotion!Our facilities are top class in comparison which will be beneficial to myself as it can help develop the players but on the youth side of things,I don't think we will be able to upgrade them for a while but they should be amongst the best for League 2!We had a good team but I finished it off after the previous manager was sacked,we overturned a 9 point lead and fished 4 points ahead of Ebsfleet which was brilliant work by the team.They adapted to my tactics with ease and dare I say it was a deserved promotion as we were the form team at the end.

I have a contract with Sunderland till 2030 and by then we should at least be in League 1 even with future financial difficulties.We have a good squad which can be improved in areas and we should be able to go for a mid-table spot and maybe even pushing a playoff spot which will be a successful first season in League 2.The facilities are fine for the time being so don't need to improve them,the only thing I need next season are good cup runs which will be extremely helpful to the financial side of things.Hopefully moving into League 2 will increase the attendances to help income.For me though,the fun has just begun!

Season       Club          Division       Country      League       Cup       Continental    Avg.Att       Notes
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012    Gangneung City    N-League       S.Korea       4th       3rd Rnd        N/A          1618     Playoff Defeat!
2013    Gangneung City    N-League       S.Korea       1st         Q.F          N/A          3540     Playoff Vitors!
2014    Gangneung City    K-League       S.Korea       4th       WINNERS        N/A          3707     FA Cup Winners!
2015    Gangneung City    K-League       S.Korea       3rd       WINNERS      WINNERS        4233     Left 18/11/15
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16   Wigan Ath.     Championship     England       5th       6th Rnd        N/A         13218     Playoff Winners!
2016/17   Wigan Ath.      Premiership     England       8th      Runners Up      N/A         19551     Top half finish.
2017/18   Wigan Ath.      Premiership     England       5th*      3rd Rnd*       N/A         17379     Left in Dec 17
2017/18    Zenit        Prem.Division     Russia        1st       5th Rnd     Group Stage    42445     League Winners!
2018/19    Zenit        Prem.Division     Russia        1st       WINNERS      WINNERS       50024      Won Treble!
2019/20    Zenit        Prem.Division     Russia        1st       WINNERS     Semi-Final     53101    Resigned at E.O.S
2020/21  Bayern Munich  First Division    Germany       1st         Q.F        WINNERS       68158      Won Double!
2021/22  Bayern Munich  First Division    Germany       1st       WINNERS      WINNERS       70368      Clean Sweep!
2022/23  Bayern Munich  First Division    Germany       1st       WINNERS      WINNERS       69688      Clean Sweep!
2023/24   F.S Stars     S.A Premiership  S.Africa       5th       WINNERS     Group Stage    12177     S.A Cup WINNERS!
2024/25   F.S Stars     S.A Premoership  S.Africa       1st       WINNERS      WINNERS       15289      Clean Sweep!
2025/26  Sunderland       BSB Premier     England       1st       2nd Rnd        N/A         13202       Promtoion!

Cheers fella :D I got bored as there were no sackings in any of the leagues I had loaded for North and South America so it was getting boring waiting and Sunderland needed someone to help them out.

Well,it would have been easier if the previous manager had decided to play some of the 5* PA players we had in reserves.There is six of them and most of them are better than some of the first team :mad:

Football league here we come,League 2 you better watch out as Sunderland are coming to town to ruin your dreams :D

Sunderland - Blue Square Bet Premier - Pre-Season 2026/27

Club Information - Facilities - Boardroom Overview - Expectations

Pre-Season Transfers

Not too shabby of a transfer window,I have strengthened most positions but especially the MC and DM position which were much needed.I need new full backs and wingers but we still have a lot of room regarding the budget so if I can find them then I can get them in.Those who left were never really going to make the grade with me so it was better to let them go and free up the budget.

Pre-Season Fixtures

d572fc2c-b9ed-4f1e-8652-3c344bb85cbc_zps0e355139.jpg

A mixed pre-season but it means absolutely nothing,the real work begins when competitive fixtures start!

The Team

Tactics - Team Report

Key Players

Andre DaCosta - DLC

One of the reasons why the previous manager was an idiot.DaCosta was in the reserves and was one if 6 players in there with 5* PA and is better then some of the players which were at our disposal.He will get game time this year which hopefully will help his development.He is currently rated at 3.5* and is regarded as a good league 1 player.He is also a English/Jamaican so it will be interesting to see who gets to him first.

Jay Clarke - MC/MR

Case Study B of why the previous manager was an idiot,like DaCosta he was in the reserves and it is very handy as he can help massively this season due to a lack of MC's.Will start him and hope first team exposure combined with top training facilities will help his development.Another rated at 5* PA and is the only one regarded as a leading Premier League midfielder in the future.Has Man City,Chelsea and Tottenham interested in him so definitely one I need to keep hold of or sell for £10 million plus.Hoping for a good season off him.

Keith Peters - ST

Case study C which is the final one of why the previous manager was a total idiot.Peters is like DaCosta as he is English/Jamaican so again it will be interesting to see who he chooses to play for.He is rated at 2.5* CA but again he has 5* PA,the fact that he wasn't our best striker it terms of ability last season is a mystery as I think he is better than Russell who was our top scorer last season.I only came to know of Peters when Man City put in bids for £2.5 million and £3 million otherwise I wouldn't of know he was playing for Sunderland.He will be top scorer this season with 20-25 goals this season!

Manager's Thoughts

Well I got a very unexpected surprise during pre-season as I discovered we had 6 5* PA players in the reserve teams which I would not have known of if it wasn't for Man City putting bids in for Peters in which we rejected them.We've just been promoted and we have been given odds of 5-1 which makes us 5th favourites so according to the odds then we should be aiming for 5th and a playoff spot which will be excellent work this season.I feel much more confident with the players we have and only one loanee which I can deal with,I still need full backs and wingers,if I can find them then we will be able to compete with the top teams in the league which are probably Millwall and Bristol City.

No work done regarding the facilities as I don't need them upgrading.I am hoping for good cup runs to help with the financial side of things,we actually start the season off playing in the Capital One Cup as we host League 1 side Cambridge in which I think we can actually manage to upset them and move on.I will take every competiton seriously but I will still be looking to strengthen the squad in our weakest positions.Let the fun and games begin!

Sunderland - nPower League 2 - August 2026

Fixtures

1e9dc516-f3a7-4e61-970d-b32a1bbc2f79_zpsd9c568b8.jpg

League Table

npowerFootballLeagueTwo_OverviewStages_zps261bc31a.png

Manager's Thoughts

Was a very mixed month indeed,frustrated and annoyed with the league form but over the moon with our mini cup run in the Capital One Cup.We beat League 1 Cambridge with relative ease in the first round before disposing of Championship side Wycombe on penalties in the 2nd round,we could have won the Wycombe game in normal time as we missed a penalty and had two goals disallowed.Our League form has frustrated me with our defence being so terrible as that has cost us valuable points,we had a good win over Gillingham and I'll take the draws against Macclesfield and Newport due to where they are in the table.The result against Rotherham was the terrible part,we were 3-1 down,got it back to 3-3 and go and concede an injury time goal to come out of the game with nothing!

September is a really busy month with 9 games,we kick it off in the Johnstone's Paint trophy against Hartlepool which could be a tricky tie.We have seven league games and I feel we need to start picking up the points otherwise we could end up trailing other teams which will be a problem.The highlight of the month is in the Capital One Cup as we travel to the Emirates to face Arsenal,I will not take it lightly and will go all out to try and surprise them.My only hope is that Peters can continue the goal scoring as he is our top scorer with 8 for the season,he also won young player of the month!

Well even Roy Keane was successful with that lot :D

To be fair,I couldn't remember if it was him of McCarthy who got them promoted.Least Sunderland fans will have something to cheer about in the future :D

It was,it has picked up slightly as we beat some of the easier teams which has put us into a playoff spot.

I know,would rather we were away to Arsenal in the FA Cup or even be away to one of the Manchester Clubs as they have the two biggest grounds in England.Don't know what to make of Arsenal this season as they are under achieving so we could possibly upset them or not.

Sunderland - nPower League 2 - September 2026

Fixtures

d01bad59-c5eb-4cc2-803d-bce95282655d_zpsc9072e27.jpg

League Table

npowerFootballLeagueTwo_OverviewStages_zpsddbd666e.png

Manager's Thoughts

A rather good month considering there were so many games to play.We crashed out to Arsenal which wasn't really too surprising but we did score though!The other cup game was a classic for the neutrals as we beat Hartlepool 6-3 in which both defences were pretty useless!As for our league form,we won six out of seven games which has seen us hit second but we are still five points behind Newport who look like they could be a troublesome team for anyone this season.The win I was probably most proud of was beating Millwall 1-0 as they are the favourites to win the league.The Shrewsbury game was a battle we lost but we still have an opportunity to win the war!

October is a quieter month with just the six games to play.We have five league games and the Johnstone's Trophy,the league games sees one very difficult one as we travel to Ashton Gate to play Bristol City but the other five should see us pick up some points.As for the Johnstone's Trophy,we have been given quite a difficult tie as we are at home to Nott's County who play in League 1,it is possible to win but we need to play to our best.League form comes first while cup progress can be seen as a bonus as it can help income with home ties.Time to kick it up a notch if possible.

Sunderland - nPower League 2 - October 2026

Fixtures

d6f90c4c-c07d-49b7-a5af-7dba93eb44d2_zpsa52d1343.jpg

League Table

npowerFootballLeagueTwo_OverviewStages_zps28d2854e.png

Manager's Thoughts

Wasn't too bad of a month as we pulled ahead of 4th place so we are now in a solid position for an automatic spot but on the other hand,Newport County have pulled ahead but they are the big spenders of the league.We stumbled in the league as we dropped points to Lincoln and lost to Bristol City but we beat the latter in the FA Cup which I think is better as a good run gets us money!We also progressed in the Johnstone's Trophy as we beat League 1 side Nott's County which means we move on to thei Quarter final North.Keith Peters was the hero of the month as he hit 9 goals which takes hit tally to 20 for the season.His penalties are on par with Balotelli's as he doesn't miss!

November sees another seven games to play,the highlight fixture is the FA Cup where we travel to Blackpool for the 2nd round.We have the North Quarter final in the Johnstone's Trophy where we travel to Scunthorpe in which will be the most difficult game of the month.We should be able to wrack up a few more points in our chase for promotion but the defence still needs to up it's game as they are making stupid mistakes which seem to be coming from the left back position as well as DM position but I'll be happy outscoring the opposition and winning!

Sunderland - nPower League 2 - November 2026

Fixtures

add6698f-acfd-4782-a4bc-f2a6bd3f12cb_zps6cc0cd27.jpg

League Table

npowerFootballLeagueTwo_OverviewStages_zps6a8a8a74.png

Manager's Thoughts

Quite a good month as we pulled some points back on Newport even though we dropped 4 points in the league with draws against Luton and AFC Wimbledon.We were lucky in the games against Barnet and Blackpool in the league as we played rather poorly.We also beat Blackpool in the FA Cup 2nd round so we progress to the 3rd round where we have a home tie against Aston Villa who have my former FS Stars striker Many Ateba playing for them!Keith Peters is practically a one man army as he scored another 7 goals during the month as he took his tally to 27 goals for the season.

December is a busy month with eight games to play and this includes a trip to Scunthorpe at the start of the month in the Johnstone's Trophy.They are struggling in League 1 and sit outside the relegation zone by two points.December has one stand out fixture and that is the fixture on Boxing day which is against the leaders Newport County.We also play Macclesfield and Gillingham so this is a very important month in our quest to get promoted.We have a good lead over 4th place so we can afford to drop a few points but it could be troublesome in Newport pull away from us but we will see where we are at the end of the season.

Sunderland - nPower League 2 - December 2026

Fixtures

4266ff74-e2a3-4cf7-a3d5-1858bbb75055_zps5dc7eaf3.jpg

League Table

npowerFootballLeagueTwo_OverviewStages_zps8fd98a3a.png

Manager's Thoughts

The title race has started to heat up as we dropped less points than Newport County did.We actually drew with Newport which we were lucky to do so and there was the low point of losing to Rotherham which I can describe as a spineless performance as we were really that bad.Our finishing has also been as less than impressive as we should have beat some of these teams a lot more easily than what we actually did.We also won our tie against Scunthorpe in the Johnstone Trophy which was probably our best performance of the month and was encouraging to see us match up to League 1 opposition.

January is here and we kick off with a big game as Aston Villa (featuring Many Ateba) comes to the Stadium of Light on the 2nd January,hopefully it should attract a crowd and bring some money in,hopefully we can win then draw one of the Manchester teams away as they have the biggest stadiums in England!We also have the Johnstone's Painty trophy against Port Vale who are also in League 1 so they are making it difficult for us if we are to progress.The league is a mixture,some good teams and some not so good teams but I need to keep gaining points to keep the pressure on Newport who do have a game in hand.

withnail316 - It's either mine or Newport's at the moment,with the way we score at time,I would not be surprised if it did come off the centre half's backside :D

AK22 - It's got me at the helm so we should be safe :D I don't even think the Championship would cause us much problems,we played Villa who are a mid-table club in the Premiership and we drew 2-2 with them in the cup,it wasn't even a back to the walls job either,they had to get a late equalizer to get a replay!

We drew 2-2 with Premiership side Aston Villa at the Stadium of Light in the FA Cup,we then go and clinch a priceless victory at Villa Park thanks to a very late goal!!

AstonVillavSunderland_OverviewOverview_zpsc4af26c8.png

Next up in the FA Cup...away to Norwich City!!!!

cerud - Best victory to date with Sunderland,quite the cup specialist I am :D

Jason the Yank - That's fine,I didn't need "B.W.G. Time" to dump Norwich out of the cup.Beat them 1-0 and they're a Premiership side as well!

Archived