The Journey Of A Thousand Miles Begins With A Broken Fan Belt And A Flat Tyre.

B.W.G

iHeadHunta x - I really don't believe it will take long to turn it around but I do agree with it being a massive underachievement to start off with!

rancer890 - Cheers fella :D Mark Richardson spent the last season on loan to Colchester,he made 33 appearances,scored twice and provided 11 assists.Colchester finished the season 8th in the Premier League!

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

b101 - Cheers fella :D The way I understand the Mexican leagues,you have two winners for the league and two winners for the cup,quite stupid it seems but it's an excellent opportunity for silverware!All I have to for an entire homegrown team is get rid of Gum as the rest are homegrown.

berty1978 - Thanks mate!I think I'll agree with you,outside the Mexican and American sides,I don't think there is anyone to be frightened of.Not too sure of staying around too long but you can expect me to stay till at least 2035 if I do win the CONCACAF Champions League.

AK22 - Cheers fella :D

john1 - Cheers Mate :D The finances are quite weird,they currently sit on £14 million but we are making losses each month but we are projected to make a profit.I really need to find whoever the accountant is and ask what is going on!

JackJCFC - Thanks mate :D I do as well but it will be tough as the strong teams get stronger and the weak teams get weaker and our board have put a restriction on us bringing in players!

Well, that didn't take long for you to turn the club around, well done. I expect more titles next year although with every competition being decided by knockouts you never know, any off day at a bad timing could throw away a trophy.

We had the players already at our disposal,they just were not performing.I would like more titles next season as you said,a off day could throw away a trophy which would be highly annoying.

download-1_zps33e2d02f.jpg

Chivas - Liga MX- Pre-Season - 2033/34

Club Information - Facilities - Boardroom Overview - Expectations - Finances

Pre-Season Transfers

Six players left on a free transfer as I looked to reduce the number of players at the club as well as reduce the wages to try and keep the board happy.Marvin Lopez left on loan to help aid his development as he could be a very good backup in the future.No players came in due to a transfer restriction which the board want me to focus on bringing players through the youth system.

Pre-Season Fixtures

d9b065d8-08b1-4b48-bbb7-8ed20cdff8ec_zps7c8238f9.jpg

A couple of matches to help regain fitness for the new season,no concerns from me as the team will have no problems of gelling due to no new signings.

The Team

Tactics - Team Report

Key Players

Omar Prado - GK

Manuel Arredondo - DRC

Manuel Torres - MR/AMR

Antonio Garza - ST

A very good,youthful spine to the Chivas team,I have no problem in putting the youngsters in if they are good enough.Torres is the standout star and Chivas's only representative at full international level,he can also score more goals the Chelsea's Torres as well!I am fully confident in the player's abilities,Prado is a brilliant goalkeeper while Arredondo made a massive impact in the second half to last season.I will be looking to Garza to continue his goal scoring run,he scored 21 last season and I do honestly believe he will get more this season.

Manager's Thoughts

There wasn't really much to during pre-season,a few players left the club but no one came in as they want be to bring though players from the youth set up at the club.With this said,I have promoted Raziel Borja to the first team,he was the star of last seasons youth intake and has already been capped by Mexico u20's at the age of 15.I will be looking to do well on all fronts this season and I want to perform better in the Opening stages of Liga MX and Copa MX as Chivas really flopped at these stages last season.We also have the CONCACAF Champions League this season in which the board want a quarter final spot and I honestly believe we could go all the way,any income will help massively as we are still listed as insecure.

I have three years left on my contract and I would like to leave Chivas in a good state but is looking highly unlikely due to the financial side of things.We making quite big losses each month due to the massive loan which last till 2052.Even I think I've bitten off more than I can chew in regards to leaving them financially stable.If we can keep to the playoff spots at minimum then we should be fine,it is normally pretty close so we have to play to our best.The good thing about Liga MX is that I don't have to come first in the league to win the title!My aim is to be successful this season and probably leave the club by 2035 with some success,not sure how I get entered for the Copa Libertadores as a Mexican side but it would be brilliant if I could kill two birds with one stone!

Cheers fella :D There has not really been any big clubs dropped in Argentina or Brazil but this season in Brazil,it is almost certain that Palmeiras will be going down and Vasco are not guaranteed of safety yet.(There's three games left to the season!).

As for Colchester United,here are their Facilities.The manager who bought up to the Premier League is former England international Chris Powell.He has been at the club since 2024.This season is Colchester's 5th successive season in the Premier League.

Also has a bonus,the three best players at Colchester are Edison Moses,Bill Richards and Chris Imhof.

Ha ha nice one mate, great read this!!!

Thanks mate :D You will be pleased to know Colchester will be participating in the 2033/34 Europa League campaign due to being the runner up in the FA Cup last season (Sunderland won the FA Cup as they completed a clean sweep!)

Chivas - Liga MX- July/August 2033

Fixtures

8684a361-047d-4214-8fc4-35f4ddb8b6d6_zpsa59db928.jpg

League Table

LigaMX_OverviewStages_zpsc5e761b0.png

Manager's Thoughts

We have done what I expected us to in the CONCACAF Champions League as we are top of the group with two wins out of two and in a very strong to qualify although saying that I was disappointed with our win over Alajuelense as they dominated the 2nd half!The league was a mixture of brilliant finishing and extremely poor finishing,the games we lost against Monterrey and Santos Laguna,we managed a total of 2 shots on target altogether from both games!We scraped a 2-0 win against Pachuca but the other three victories were extremely pleasing as we showed how well we can finish when we have a good day.We sit in 3rd at the moment but as you can see,a lot of teams have a game in hand on us and I am expecting us to slip down the table,as long as we can keep in the top 8 then we will have a shot at the title!

September sees us play five games in what can be considered a quiet month compared to what I have been used to with Sunderland.We face Diriangen in the CONCACAF Champions League,a win will see us through to the quarter finals which is the boards expectation for the competition although I want to go further.We face Pumas,Atlante,Tigres and Cruz Azul in the league and I will be looking to get six points minimum as I need to keep up the pressure in the playoff zone as I don't think the club can financially handle things without getting extra games to help increase the income for the club.I hope our attacking force can gain some consistency as they don't always fire on all cylinders and that is what cost us against Monterrey and Santos Laguna.

Chivas - Liga MX- September 2033

Fixtures

c2e6de2b-043e-4ae4-8c13-0e7f7e1aa6f6_zpsbe479ff8.jpg

League Table

LigaMX_OverviewStages_zpsdacee495.png

Manager's Thoughts

The main thing to note is Garza's form as he hit six goals in five games which takes his tally to 16 for the season.We beat Diriangen to claim our spot in the next round,they were lucky to score one goal as it was a complete fluke!We picked up eight points in the league which was better than I thought but our finishing once again let us down as we dropped points to Atlante and Cruz Azul,both of which we should have won as we had that many chances.I think my best way of getting players to score is to get our fans to hold arrows towards the goal to let the players know where it is!The win against Tigres was brilliant for us while Pumas were lucky to only concede two which was mainly down to the woodwork.Not doing too badly in 3rd but I know we can do much better!

October sees us play our final group game against Alajuelense in which the only for us to lose top spot is to lose 4-0 to the Costa Rican side which isn't going to happen as I take every game seriously.We have five league games during the month of October,we face the big guns of Irapuato and America(Mex) as well as rivals Atlas in which I hope we can achieve points in these three games.We also face Xolos Tijuana who beat us when we faced them last and Veracruz who we do have a good record against.I am hoping for a minimum of 7 points from the five games as I want to try and cement a playoff spot and our form has not been brilliant by a long stretch!

Started following your thread last weekend, now caught up with it ... fascinating stuff, especially seeing how you're doing managing outside of the major European powers!

I was surprised by Sunderland, never seen a big club fall so far and so fast in all the years I've been playing CM/FM!

Good luck on your Mexican adventure!

john1 - It's been a reign so far,the inconsistency has been annoying but I guess it's something refreshing after dominating with the last 4 teams!

L40TH - Thanks mate :D I have to be honest,I don't really find it thrilling managing major European powers,one day I will manage Paris FC 2000 to get them bigger than P.S.G!They had financial difficulties to begin with which helped them drop.Other English teams who have dropped are Everton,Wigan and West Brom are in League 1.I will try my best to make it a success in Mexico!

Looking solid so far, and great run by Antonio Garza, I checked out his screenie he may not be the most complete player in the world but his pace and finishing clearly is tearing up the Mexican league and he's very young he'll only get better. Must be getting into the Mexico main squad by now?

Thanks mate :D Believe it or not,Garza actually isn't getting into the Mexico main squad,we have three representatives in the Mexico team and they are Manuel Arredondo (3 Caps),Edgar Serrano (3 Caps) and Manuel Torres (11 caps and 9 goals!).

He will at some point,otherwise it will be a complete shock to me!

Chivas - Liga MX- October 2033

Fixtures

b42cd83b-164a-458c-989b-e15b10529473_zps5e0031a0.jpg

League Table

LigaMX_OverviewStages_zps810e4301.png

Manager's Thoughts

All I can say is that was an absolutely brilliant month all round.We finished the group stage for the CONCACAF Champions League in style as we beat Alajuelense 6-1 which meant we topped the group with a 100% record and scored 22 goals in 4 games in the process as we move on to the quarter finals!The league saw us put in 4 brilliant performances and 1 not so good performance as we won all five games to sit pretty on the top.The not so good performance was against America(Mex),we absolutely dominated them and they scored all 3 of their shots on target to make it seem much closer than it actually was.The win against Atlas was brilliant as it always good to win against your rivals.It is also pleasing to see we have clinched a playoff spot already!

November sees the final two league games before the playoffs start to decide the victors of the Opening Stage.We face Veracruz and Toluca and if we win both then we will top the league.Hopefully we can avoid any bad patches as one silly mistake could eliminate us in the playoffs.The draw for the Champions League doesn't take place till December so there is still a small wait to see who we will be drawn against.Hopefully we can clinch the opening stage for the first time since 2006!

Chivas - Liga MX- November 2033

Fixtures

8b507cb4-b816-4759-8feb-fa98e5083c11_zps359e12c7.jpg

League Table

LigaMX-OpeningStage_zpsf51d3f17.png

Manager's Thoughts

I am extremely disappointed with the way things ended in the Opening Stage.We finished the league in a strong way as we won the two remaining league games to top the table giving us the top seed for the Knockout Rounds.In the quarter finals,we drew 2-2 on aggregate with Pumas but we went through to the semi-final due to being the higher seed after our finishing let us down.The semi-final saw a similar story as our finishing badly let us down as we lost 2-1 on aggregate to Santos Laguna,I am annoyed as we had more then enough chances to finish them off but we lost which means no Opening Stage title.Cruz Azul went on to win the Opening Stage with a 4-2 aggregate victory over Santos Laguna.

We now have a long break for the Winter in which I've arranged some friendlies to help with match fitness.There will be very little action in the transfer market as I need to try and keep on top of the financial side of things.The only thing which can be considered interesting is the CONCACAF Champions League draw which occurs on the 7th December,I don't care who we will face as I will do my best to beat whoever we face.

You said one bad game,as you can see I had three bad games and still made it to the semi-final,better luck next time :lol:

The CONCACAF Champions League draw has been made and the quarter finals look like this...

97e74924-c5a8-42d8-b313-a01681105b33_zpse7cc0270.jpg

I feel quite happy with this as there is no Santos Laguna to ruin things for me and I know I can beat the three other Mexican sides.I'll reserve judgement on the American sides as I have never faced any in competitive action.

AK22 - It was a shame it ended like that but I agree with your assessment of it being an excellent opportunity in the Champions League.

JackJCFC - It happens,even the best have their off days but it's refreshing to have a challenge like this where it's not a guarantee that I will win!CONCACAF is now my main focus for the 2nd half of the season as I've already won a Closing Stage title last season :D

Chivas - Liga MX- Winter Break 2033/34

Fixtures

5c20dafb-4f06-4f88-95ee-a09ff8665ced_zpsb7ce295a.jpg

Manager's Thoughts

It was somewhat of a typical run of fixtures for us,beat the better teams and mess up against the supposedly weaker sides.The win over Wolfsburg was definitely a brilliant result which shows we can match some of the better sides in Europe,although the flip side of the coin is that we lost to Necaxa who are in the division below us which shows we have no consistency when it comes down to performing!The game against Chivas B was just used as a morale booster to give us better morale going into the closing stages.Hopefully our goals won't run out at the vital time this time around!

Chivas - Liga MX- January 2034

Fixtures

c7591699-8dea-4483-b6fc-49c6d97f0a1e_zps0cf08b3b.jpg

League Table

LigaMX_OverviewStages_zpse7183993.png

Manager's Thoughts

Not the best of starts performance wise but we ground out the results which is the most important thing for us as we clinched seven points from the first three games.The only game I was disappointed in was the Monterrey game as we battered them for the most part of 80 minutes then we got sloppy and it ended with us scraping a win as we wouldn't get our act together.At least with the games against Queretaro and Pachucha,they were very even games and with the latter against Pachucha,I will even say that the opposition probably did deserve a point from the game.At least we have made a good start which is encouraging and hopefully it gets our poor performances out of the way.

February sees the return of the CONCACAF Champions League as we clash with Olimpia (HON) in the 1st leg of the Quarter finals on the 1st February,hopefully we can pick up a victory to put us in a good position in the return leg which is in March.The league sees us play 4 games which include the two teams who competed in the final of the Opening Stage this season,Santos Laguna and Cruz Azul in which both will be very difficult.We also face UdeG and Atlante in which both games should be slightly easier than the Santos Laguna and Cruz Azul.I am hoping for 7 points minimum as that will keep us in a good position and keep the pressure on at the top of the table as seeding is actually important in the playoffs!

There's loads of games when playing in this league, I had one player start 76 games in one season on FM11 I think it was. Things seem to be going pretty well for you makes me want to go to Mexico when I'm done with Crewe.

It's actually not as many as it used to be.There would be 46 games in the league with 17 in each league stage and 6 more in each stage if you make it to the finals.There is also a potential of 10 in the CONCACAF Champions League so that takes it to 56.Although saying that,I think this is one of the most competitive leagues I have seen on FM13,the most titles won in a row is 3 so no Glasgow,P.S.G or Bayern style dominance!

I've always wondered about that,not even sure how Mexican sides get into it though!2034 sees Monterrey and Santos Laguna compete into the Copa Libertadores,would love a shot at that with a Mexican side!

No it doesn't,doesn't even mention on how we qualify for the CONCACAF Champions League.Monterrey,Santos Laguna and America(Mex) are in the Copa Lib while ourselves,Irapuato,Cruz Azul and Tigres are in the CONCACAF Champions League.

The only thing the rules mention is relegation for coming bottom of the table at the end of the season for average points.

Chivas - Liga MX- February 2034

Fixtures

f1480e32-e86e-4751-9ad2-4b8d45b2ee36_zps62400dae.jpg

League Table

LigaMX_OverviewStages_zps0c9cd654.png

Manager's Thoughts

The first leg of the CONCACAF Champions League quarter final was very comfortable as we recorded a 3-0 win over Olimpia (Hon) which is quite brilliant as we were away from home so we do have a massive advantage going into the 2nd leg.We got payback on Santos Laguna as we ran out 4-2 winners in a very thrilling encounter which was a brilliant victory as we looked to keep the pressure up.The wins against UdeG and Atlante were pretty simple and we were very rarely troubled in either game.The game against Cruz Azul was a disaster as we lost 3-1 due to our poor finishing,what made it worse was the fact that we were the better team except for in that area and it looks like they beat us easily!

March sees the important event of Youth Candidate day as it is the youth players that the board wants us to bring through to the first team.We have the 2nd leg of the Champions League against Olimpia (Hon) on the 8/3/34 in which we hold a very strong 3-0 advantage as we go into the home leg.If we do get through to the semi-final then the first leg will be played around the 29/3.We have six league games to be played in March which may be reduced to five if we go through to the semi-final,the game which may not occur is the one against our rivals Atlas!The stand out games are against Irapuato and Tigres but I know we can win if we play to our best.I will be looking at 9 or 10 points (if it's five games in the league) or 12/13 points (if it's six games in the league).It will be the perfect time to start playing to a higher level like I know we can!

Chivas - Liga MX- March 2034

Fixtures

b3f9592e-8679-4701-83e7-c011d1a8fa79_zps250c7ca4.jpg

League Table

LigaMX_OverviewStages_zpsb1fa0fd0.png

Manager's Thoughts

The most important thing for me was the Youth Candidate day,the brightest talent of this years bunch was Christopher Espinosa who will definitely be a 3rd choice MC for the club in the near future as he definitely does have the potential to go far.The Champions League saw us finish Olimpia (Hon) off after a unconvincing 2-1 2nd leg win which gave us a 5-1 aggregate victory.The semi-final as seen us drawn against Cruz Azul and we drew the game 1-1 in which we claimed a priceless away goal,the only thing I guarantee is that this seasons Champions League winner will be from Mexico!The league games for the month started off poorly as we dropped points at Tigres before losing to Irapuato but we finished off in style as we won the next three games quite convincingly as we look to claim a high placed finish to help with the seedings.

April sees us face Cruz Azul in the 2nd leg of the Champions League if we do win then we will move on to the final where we will face Tigres or Irapuato in the final which will see both legs played in April.We have four remaining league games as we face America(Mex),Veracruz,Atlas and Toluca in which I am hoping for a strong finish for help with seedings as the higher seed will qualify if it is a draw.The quarter finals for the knockout rounds will be happening in April with the semi-final and final in May if we get that far.My main focus is the Champions League as if we win that then it will be my 4th different major continental trophy with only the Copa Libertadores left to win!

Thanks mate :D The good news is that we have made it to the Champions League final where we will face Irapuato as we beat Cruz Azul 4-1 in the 2nd leg to give us a 6-2 victory!

Archived