The Journey Of A Thousand Miles Begins With A Broken Fan Belt And A Flat Tyre.

B.W.G

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ashton321 - I hope so but it is going to be a three way tussle for the title but I am confident we can come out on top.

Animosama - Cheers fella :D

Dexter_Morgan - Thanks Mate :D The lead has increased to two points as Barca beat Real but I was hoping for a draw!

download2_zps548ab0e8.jpg

R.C.D Espanyol de Barcelona SAD - Liga BBVA - February 2041

Fixtures

31038d96-12bc-4368-b1f6-c5e024091b03_zps117f4fb9.jpg

League Table

LigaBBVA_OverviewStages_zps950b7788.png

Manager's Thoughts

The perfect month for us as we won every game and both Real Madrid and Barcelona dropped points as we opened up a seven point lead with thirteen games remaining.In our Champions League match against Feyenoord,the Dutch side gave us a real battle as we edged the match 2-1 which gives us quite a big advantage as we are at home in the 2nd leg and have two away goals.We were comfortable victors in four of the five league games we played,the only team to who made it difficult for us was Valencia as they were the better team and really did deserve something from the match.The most impressive match was the game against Cadiz,who at that point were competing for a Champions League spot,we gave them a lesson and a show of what a real Champions League team can do.This month was pretty easy for us and will get more difficult but we did what we had to.

March is a straight forward month and is definitely the easiest month of the three remaining.In the Champions League,we are probably favourites to go through to the quarter final as we have a 2-1 lead from the first leg and the second leg is at home so we also have the advantage in that form.The league sees us play four league games as we face Mallorca (20th),Valladolid (10th),Ponferradina (12th) and Malaga (5th) so it isn't too difficult of a month.Malaga may seem to be the most difficult team to face but I think it's a false position as they have lost very heavily against Real Madrid and Barcelona.The others we should win if we play to our best,Mallorca already look like they are certain for relegation while Valladolid and Ponferradina both seem to be happy in mid-table positions so we need to keep winning as April is the toughest month for a very long time!

I am quite stunned at how he has returned from injury,you did count correctly as he scored 25 goals in two months!He's on 48 goals this season and would probably have more if he wasn't out for six weeks!

In other news,we have a rather unusual occurrence in the youth candidates which I will show next post.(It isn't another son!)

This is talented youngster is Andrew Williams who I signed from Swansea for £5 million last season.

AndrewWiliams_OverviewProfile_zpsa14ebafa.png

During the recent Youth Candiadate Day,we had an even more talented player called Richard Williams come through

RichardWiliams_OverviewProfile_zpsa09e73b8.png

Turns out the two are brothers......I wonder if they have a defender and a goalkeeper as other siblings!

RichardWiliams_OverviewInformation_zps71f7fc05.png

February was a huge month in the title race. That's some lethal finishing against Mallorca. Those Williams boys look alright. Can't believe how good the younger has for mental attributes at 16 :eek:

Animosama - No mention of a father so I'm going with a sperm donor.Both of them were born in Swansea,Andrew knows English and Welsh (basic) while Richards knows English,Welsh and Spanish (basic).Walter has been brilliant despite being out for six weeks this season,hopefully he can finish off the season in style.

elbilly - It was indeed and March saw us go unbeaten as well.The last time I saw a youngster nearly as good as that was Aldrich Mununga who I signed when I was at Lyon and before that was Richard Oatway who came through the Bayern Munich youth setup in 2020/21 and he is now 34!

Dexter_Morgan - Cheers fella :D They do seem class,whether they fulfill their potential is another thing but I think they could eventually replace Ortiz and Zamponi!

Animosama - There were no other people with the Surname Williams at Swansea and they don't have any backroom staff in common yet.You have to remember that just because they are footballers,doesn't mean that their parents were :D

cerud - Cheers Fella :D

ashton321 - I hope so well,hopefully they will get first team action towards the end of the season so I can get better judgment to where they are in terms of ability.

download2_zps548ab0e8.jpg

R.C.D Espanyol de Barcelona SAD - Liga BBVA - March 2041

Fixtures

7816e5aa-2d23-4eea-b11c-9992c9cc5433_zpsa59b3ab7.jpg

League Table

LigaBBVA_OverviewStages_zps53f9d30b.png

Manager's Thoughts

March saw us play brilliantly twice and shockingly the other three times,one of the times we played brilliantly was in the Champions League as we put Feyenoord to the sword with a 3-0 victory as we went through 5-1 on aggregate.The other brilliant performance came in the league as we destroyed Mallorca 8-0 while we had eight shots on target which showed that we can be just as lethal as Real Madrid and Barcelona.The games against Valladolid,Ponferradina and Malaga were pretty shocking as we struggled to play football despite winning two of the three games,the other thing was the quality of our finishing as it was pretty shocking after beating Mallorca 8-0!Despite this,we still only dropped two points in the league which is brilliant as we sit four points ahead of rivals Barcelona with a game in hand.We are doing well to hold them off as we look to clinch another title.

April is an extremely tough month on paper as we face both Real Madrid and Barcelona in the league,these results will go a long way to deciding where the title will go.We also face Betis,Levante,Celta and Almeria in the league and may start fielding some of the youngsters to help gain experience in the matches I think we should win which are the Almeria and Levante games.If we can win four of the six games then that should put us in an excellent position to retain the league title.On the Champions League front,we face Chelsea in the quarter finals which will be an extremely tough match as there first team contains nine players who have previously played under me,the best bet to beat them is using speed as most of them are now getting on a bit and they only have a couple of youngsters.If we do get past them then we face Roma or PSV in the semi-final,if I was a betting man then I'd lump it on Roma winning that tie which could lead to a semi-final rematch from last season.This is definitely a make or break month for us!

b101 - It is pretty funny indeed,at least I get to avoid Man City in European competition for now.The Europa League is pretty tough with City,Dortmund and P.S.G being in the last 4!

TottenhamFan101 - Sorry about that,Photobucket seems to think I've reached my bandwidth for the month so it will be 19th July before they reappear.I have set up a new photobucket account to use till it's back so I shouldn't run into this problem as often!

Raware - That was my thought's exactly,it was even a strong Barcelona squad which beat me 1-0 in the league :eek:

elbilly - It did bring an extra smile to my face with it being City.I have no idea what happened to their defence,it's not even like they made any mistakes leading to goals as City were just that damn good!

download2_zpsf4fbd030.jpg

R.C.D Espanyol de Barcelona SAD - Liga BBVA - April 2041

Fixtures

8cbcc9b7-73cc-4da4-b7f8-e90716512c59_zps84bcfc73.jpg

League Table

LigaBBVA_OverviewStages_zps0b0ec6ff.png

Manager's Thoughts

That was a fantastic month all round as we made progress in the Champions League and won four of the five league games for the month.We struggled in the first leg against Chelsea but we escaped with a draw but we showed them we are among the best in the 2nd leg as we ran out 5-1 winners to give us a 6-2 aggregate victory.We played PSV in the semi-final who surprisingly knocked out Roma in the Champions League,it was a comfortable 3-1 victory as we put one foot in the final.We kicked off the month with a hard fought 1-0 victory over Real Madrid which effectively ruled them out of the title race.We had an impressive victory over Betis before losing to rivals Barcelona who closed the gap on us.The 6-0 victory over Levante saw Richard Williams net his first two goals to become the youngest goal scorer at the club!We beat Almeria 1-0 in the final game of the month but it could have easily been more as we destroyed them but could not finish.It's very tight at the top which is concerning but I feel we have the momentum to keep our rivals at bay!

May is the final month of the campaign and we kick it off with the Champions League semi-final 2nd leg against PSV,we have a 3-1 lead and I am pretty confident we can finish them off.The other semi-final has already been played and who ever wins out tie will face Sunderland in the final!We also have our long awaited Copa del Rey tie against At.Madrid in the final,hopefully we can take advantage with them focusing on CL qualification as they are in a very tight battle for fourth.I think we can win but it has been a much improved run compared to last season!We have a fairly easy run in the league as we face Cordoba,Celta,Cadiz and Albacete.Cordoba generally concede a lot of goals so I will focus on attacking,Celta play far too defensively and it costs them.Cadiz is definitely the toughest match of the month as they are still competing with At.Madrid,Malaga and Athletic for the 4th spot!Albacete are another team who have conceded a lot of goals so I will go in for the kill straight from kick off.With it being the last month of the season,it's time to go out with a bang!

I'm begrudgingly impressed with that win for City :D Closest score to that on my save between big teams was Porto beating Milan 7-0 at the San Siro :D

I am impressed they beat them like that but I am not impressed that I managed to lose to the exact same Barcelona side in the league :lol:

Cheers fella :D We've got the league title wrapped up so it's just the small matter of the Copa del Rey and the massive game against Sunderland to deal with!

Good to see a side like PSV make the semis of the CL - I don't think I've ever seen the Dutch sides do anything like that on my game. Out of interest, is there a recent screenshot of Zamponi kicking about? Loved the look of him when you were in South America :)

Was a shock as they beat Valencia in the knockout before knocking Roma out.They even beat us in the 2nd leg but we still went through to the final.As for Zamponi,you asked for him,here he is :D

WalterZamponi_OverviewProfile_zps8b014b02.png

A bit like Messi in regards to scoring loads for the club but not as many for his country!

Even with 9 men on the pitch,our quality is still present!That was the last game of the season,Zamponi came on and played AMC while Richard Williams played ST so maybe it will be worth creating a new formation to play the two together!

EspanyolvAlbacete_OverviewOverview_zps417fb8c7.png

download2_zpsf4fbd030.jpg

R.C.D Espanyol de Barcelona SAD - Liga BBVA - May 2041

Fixtures

29dc8623-222f-4c69-8e56-a614f971eb7d_zpsde857eb2.jpg

League Table

LigaBBVA_OverviewStages_zps824981cc.png

Manager's Thoughts

We finished the season off with a bang as we completed the clean sweep by wrapping up the league title,Copa del Rey and the Champions League.We actually wrapped the league title up after the Celta game so it was quite relieving to have the title wrapped up by then.We got beat by a controversial penalty against Cadiz but after already serving a touchline ban,I decided to keep my mouth shut.The game against Albacete was quite funny as we were 3-0 up and down to 9 men,I decide to play a 4-2-1-1 formation and we score twice more as we won 5-0!The Copa del Rey final was pretty damn amazing,we completely destroyed At.Madrid and thporoughly deserved the 5-1 victory.The Champions League saw us actually scrape through to the final as PSV beat us in the 2nd leg and we hung on to clinch a 4-3 agg victory.The final was a rematch of last years Champions League,only this time we didn't need a penalty shootout as we won it in extra time.Sunderland were the better team but I am very angry we threw away a two goal lead but no matter what,we won the Champions League again!

Also after the Champions League final,we had this announcement.

b9bad3f0-65cc-4f4a-92fe-af26012e7716_zps50a1aabe.jpg

It's a good size and will be ready at the end of next season.My problem with the stadium is that the egotistical son of a ***** chairman decided to name it after himself!

It's a good size and will be ready at the end of next season.My problem with the stadium is that the egotistical son of a ***** chairman decided to name it after himself![/center]

Haha never seen that before - better than Espanyol Stadium though :)

b101 - There's so many other names they could have come up with,there's only room for big ego and that is mine :D

deltablue - We're basically moving from El Prat to El Prat 2.0 :D

Nice clean sweep and new stadium to go with it. Like you said though, shame about the naming of it. Any signs of a son yet? Didn't you get a son on your last save? I'm still waiting for my first ever son...20 real life years of waiting and still no sign :(

More trophies next season or are you expecting more from Barca and Real?

Cheers fella :D With regards to the son,I've already had one.His name is Mark Richardson (see page 10,post 920 (May have to wait till July 19th when photobucket will show them again!)).

Hard to say,I really do think Real will be more of a threat next season as Barcelona don't seem to be doing much considering they have an aging team.I'll probably know better after August when the transfer window has closed to see what they are doing,I know my strategy will be buy youngsters and promote from youth team to keep the wheels turning.

Animosama - Cheers mate :D

AK22 - Thanks fella :D It is good news as it will help increase the income which is better for the long term,it will also make Espanyol have the 3rd biggest ground in Spain behind Real and Barcelona!

Archived