Goalkeeper Distribution and passing in general

Before the patch during the beta my keeper would get at least 85% pass accuracy each game, now he gets at the most 50. I have distribution set to defender collect and his passing is completely short, yet he still blasts it up the park and my style of play is to play out from the back so hoofing it does me no good. It's cost me so many games. Also before the patch my cb's would get 85+ accuracy now they can go as low as 60. Anyone else still having this problem?

The "defender collect"-issue seems to be the same as in the beta yes, it still doesn't work most of the time.

If they are unable to fix something like this which has been known about for 2 weeks, how many other instructions don't work that they will never fix because they are not so obvious to the eye.

How do we know short and long passing even works? I don't see any difference, do you?

To be honest I've only noticed from my save tonight. Didn't notice it early beta or demo patch.

It is kind of annoying, but I find I win the ball back without too much trouble. I can see it upsetting a lot of Barca wannabees though.

I think it's a fair bit realistic as your keeper can't keep passing to a defender otherwise the opposition would mark you right off the bat which in lower leagues would be an horrendous pain!

Actually just played my first friendly on a new save post Beta and had no problems. GK passed to the left back as instructed, although sometimes he went to the right back instead which is not a problem just as long as he doesn't boot it up to my 5ft 6 striker.

Did you start a new game of continued your betagame? Because with my game (I continued with my beta game) my keeper kicks the ball way upfield (preferably straight to the opposition players) 8 times out of 10, only rarely does he kick it to the defenders, as I instructed him. That's better than it was in the beta (there is was almost 10 times out of 10 he did that), but not buy much...

I'll have to stay abreast of this post. I don't see a reason to leave FM 12 yet if something this basic isn't working properly. Sure, a goalkeeper cannot follow this instruction all the time. But are you guys saying that the GK isn't doing it even when the opportunity is there?

I'll have to stay abreast of this post. I don't see a reason to leave FM 12 yet if something this basic isn't working properly. Sure, a goalkeeper cannot follow this instruction all the time. But are you guys saying that the GK isn't doing it even when the opportunity is there?

He is doing what he is told on my game.

Before the patch during the beta my keeper would get at least 85% pass accuracy each game, now he gets at the most 50. I have distribution set to defender collect and his passing is completely short, yet he still blasts it up the park and my style of play is to play out from the back so hoofing it does me no good. It's cost me so many games. Also before the patch my cb's would get 85+ accuracy now they can go as low as 60. Anyone else still having this problem?

That's annoying but the best thing to do is head over to the bug/technical issues forum and raise a topic on this. The more examples and data SI have, the easier and quicker this will be to fix.

Archived