Develop players using the clubs youth system.

Does anyone have any experience with this one?

1. Does this mean any youth I buy and put in my youth team or is this only for all those total crap half a star players we get in our youth intake? If its the latter I can see this one being a big problem for a lower tier club as its gona take years to get a decent youth network going.

2. How much of an effect does this have on me keeping the job? Will I be sacked if I keep the board happy on all other points but failing to promote any of said youth intake players to first team because they are simply not good enough?

Any insights are welcome! :thup:

the answer to 1.) is the latter, if the board tell you to concentrate on devloping players using the clubs youth system then it is your youth system not signing so I believe.

2.) I don't know. I think you have to try and develop any players that could have sellable value, therefore they are being promoted from the youth system but are just sold on, even if you offer them a 1 year contract, so they just get promoted then leave either at the end of the contract or just sack them after they are promoted, obviously this is costing money but hopefully you can some how generate money from other areas to improve the youth facilities and junior coaching so then the ability of the new youths will be better.

None of these are cast iron just my take on it

Was afraid of that... if they are hard on this demand low league teams will have a really hard time with this demand I think.

I hope your right about not having to play them if all I need to do is give them a 1 year contract I can live with that but if I actually have to play them thats gona be alot tougher.

Was afraid of that... if they are hard on this demand low league teams will have a really hard time with this demand I think.

I don't know about that. It's much easier to break into a lower league side after all and I can't say I've had as bad an experience with newgens as you have. I usually get at least 2 or 3 that have 4-star potential in each intake and I have a pretty average youth setup.

Plus youths you generate will often have your club as a favorite (or at least a coach or two as favorite) which will make them play better.

I might be really unlucky with intakes but I dont think I have seen a 4 star ever... a few 3 stars once I reach top leagues thats about it.

And well sure they might be good enough to break into your squad if you plan to stay in lower leagues but anything below a 4 star potential aint going into my squad when I'm trying to get promoted but that might be just me.

Anyway just started a game with Karlsruhe in german 3d division that have this demand so I guess I'll notice what happens :D

I am curious about this as well, and would be interested to see responses from somebody who knows more than I do. I started a thread the other day asking about it (http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/323503-Give-youth-a-chance - the responses I got were less than helpful) because I have a team a large portion of which is youth team graduates and players who I bought at 16/17 years old, and which by anybody's standards would definitely satisfy a board's desire to see youth team players developed and put into the first team.

My confidence rating for that aspect remains however at 0%. The board are "very disappointed with the lack of youth team players being exposed to first team football", which is complete nonsense.

With regards to your questions, from what I've experienced in my game I suspect that you are supposed to develop the players that come in to the club through the annual youth intake rather than ones you have bought; and so far I have not been fired, despite the board's confidence in me being at 0% for this aspect for the last two seasons.

Additionally, I am currently testing a suspicion that in order to satisfy the board, the players have to be left in the U-19 squad, but selected among the 18 for the first team. In my first few seasons, when I decided a U-19 player was ready for some first team action, I would promote them to senior squad to make it easier to pick them each week. This may have been why my board is unhappy that I'm not giving my young players a chance. As I said, it's only suspicion, and I'm currently one and a half seasons into this "test" of selecting at least one or two players from the U-19 for each match and giving at least one of them some game time, and it is so far inconclusive (confidence still 0%!)

Ofcourse I upgrade when i can... the 3 star ones I mentioned above was with top facilities once I have been promoted to top leagues (as in several seasons in)

however my point was if they are hard on this demand 6 seasons in you will already have been booted because up till then the youth intake in most cases is horribly bad. If they dont start demanding results from this for that many seasons it shouldnt be too bad but I got a feeling they wont be that lenient.

Irchard: thank you for your tests and looking forward to hear what you get out of it. So far it doesnt sound promising but you not being fired with it at 0 for a couple seasons sounds good atleast.

I hope your right but have so far seen no evidence that this is the case so some official word would be nice.

Yet another 'feature' that SI implements without giving any documentation or explanation. I swear to go, it's like playing a guessing game with FM sometimes. How difficult is it to update the in-game manual with some REAL and USEFUL information as to how features work.

• 3 weeks later...

Nice writeup in general but I'm sorry to say your sumup of this specific demand doesnt actually say what is expected anymore then the ingame text does. All you say is it sets boundaries which we knew... but it doesnt say what they actually are, and thats what we were asking.

iam over 30 years in the game and made a thread about it... i won the champions league once and uefa cup twice and like 15 times or so my national league in poland... and my youth recruitment is still "above average"... without any hope of upgrading it..

the youth system in this game is the biggest letdown ever...

iam over 30 years in the game and made a thread about it... i won the champions league once and uefa cup twice and like 15 times or so my national league in poland... and my youth recruitment is still "above average"... without any hope of upgrading it..

the youth system in this game is the biggest letdown ever...

I agree that the board requests in this area make little sense. I have a reasonably healthy bank balance, and terrible youth facilities, junior coaching and youth recruitment, but the only options in board request I have are to 'cut back'. Sort it out SI

Archived