My son is different nationality

I'm Irish in my FMC game and bought a few of the unlockables to see what they were like. Bought the 'my son' feature, but for some reason he's English. Surely he'd be listed as Irish to follow my own nationality? Or is it just random?

• Administrators

Yep, it's correct since he was born at the club you're at, thanks for raising this though.

Here's hoping he chooses the Irish national team, eh? :)

I've a couple of questions about this as this is one of the unlockables I would pay for.

Is his position random or can you determine it?

Once it has been bought is it just for the current career game or can I unlock it over several different career games?

Last one, if bought right at the start of the career game is he in your team straight away or do you have to wait for the youth intake?

• Administrators
I've a couple of questions about this as this is one of the unlockables I would pay for.

Is his position random or can you determine it?

Once it has been bought is it just for the current career game or can I unlock it over several different career games?

Last one, if bought right at the start of the career game is he in your team straight away or do you have to wait for the youth intake?

It is multi-use, but positions (and names!) are random I'm afraid.

Having a son of mine named Geoffrey was a suprise ;-) Not that there's anything wrong with the name of course :brock:

Also, he will appear straight away :)

Having a son of mine named Geoffrey was a suprise ;-) Not that there's anything wrong with the name of course :brock:

Thanks Lucas.

So if names and positions are random does the randomness extend to the sons PA as well?

If we're paying for the privilege of having a son will he have a higher than normal PA, thus become a good player?

I think I have a slight problem with this?

I purchased the unlockable son option and like you said a news option appeared and my son was in my team.

Now this is where I may have messed up. You say it is multiple usage?

I saved the game before my son appeared, didn't like what I saw and quit to menu.

Loaded the game up again and was hoping that via the Store I could use the option again but it's not there?

So I start a new game and still there is no option to add a son from my purchase.

So what now, I have the email receipt if it's needed at all?

• Administrators

Before we reach that stage (bit rash at the moment!) I'd like to see the save game, did you not save it when he was added?

And do you have the option to repurchasse at all (not that I am suggesting it)?

Lastly, post this information in the FMC Gameplay Bugs Forum so I can take a look - this forum isn't quite right for it.

Before we reach that stage (bit rash at the moment!) I'd like to see the save game, did you not save it when he was added?

And do you have the option to repurchasse at all (not that I am suggesting it)?

Lastly, post this information in the FMC Gameplay Bugs Forum so I can take a look - this forum isn't quite right for it.

No I didn't save it after he was added as I didn't like what I saw.

I was banking on the multiple use that as I've just started my game I could just restart a new game and use the feature again.

• Administrators

You can't use it in the same save as it has been consumed, but should be able to use it again in a separate save, either way we'll definitely get this looked into. It's a bug, more than anything.

You can't use it in the same save as it has been consumed, but should be able to use it again in a separate save, either way we'll definitely get this looked into. It's a bug, more than anything.

It doesn't matter about the original game as the new game I started (same team) were slightly better.

Both that new game and then another new game with 3 new nations both yielded the same result there is no unlockable son to use.

If it's a bug then maybe I'm not the only one who is or will be effected by this or any other unlockable failing to work?

Archived