Although the Beta is good for us and SI, it's certainly taken away the buzz of release day

I think it's definately a positive. You get rid of the initial "this bug, that bug" early on which makes release day alot more positive. Yeah there's the whole Beta to Full update thing, but other than that it's good. I much rather come here on release day and see people talking about their game and the good things than pointing out bugs found when first loading up.

And for casuals it's better too. People who might come to the forums for the first time today having just got the game. They come here and can join in more game-related conversations. The pre-order beta imo is one of SI's better ideas and hopefully they keep with it next year.

Also it feels like as a community we're growing up! :(

Reading the All Nighter thread, I used to remember a few years back we'd all be like "yeah skipping college tommorow, all nighter for me! Red bull at the go"...then I read it the other night it's "work in the morning, can't afford to be tired"...and I realise i'm in that boat too, and that getting older sucks!

Archived