Beta version to DVD

I downloaded the Beta version

I now have the game on DVD

Is it best to delete the Beta version and then install the DVD?

I just activated via steam inserting code on the back of the manual. Problem I have is I have a box saying creating local game cache files preparing football manager 2013 files for install. I can't click on back or next only cancel however when I loaded steam back up the beta word on front of game screen has disappeared and says 13.01 so not sure it updated ok.

• Administrators

Just do this:

- Open up Steam

- Go to +ADD A GAME at the bottom-left of the window

- Then select Activate a product on Steam

- Enter your Activation Code found on the back of the manual.

That way your game will update quickly and easily. Thanks.

I just activated via steam inserting code on the back of the manual. Problem I have is I have a box saying creating local game cache files preparing football manager 2013 files for install. I can't click on back or next only cancel however when I loaded steam back up the beta word on front of game screen has disappeared and says 13.01 so not sure it updated ok.

should be fine.. if you get any errors though.. verify cache to solve them... in future let it do what it does!

Thanks Tom and Welshace. Should I verify cache jus in case I do get any problems? I did just let the game install but for some reason the box saying creating local game cache files just stayed there and after 10 mins I clicked cancel as the game loaded ok.

Is 13.1 the latest version? Thanks in advance for your help.

• Administrators
Thanks Tom and Welshace. Should I verify cache jus in case I do get any problems? I did just let the game install but for some reason the box saying creating local game cache files just stayed there and after 10 mins I clicked cancel as the game loaded ok.

Is 13.1 the latest version? Thanks in advance for your help.

13.1 is the latest version yes. You may need to do this - http://www.sigames.com/faq/fm13.php?id=102

Thanks Neil. I have a macbook game seems to have updated from beta to full version as the words beta are no longer on the title screen. I am just paranoid because Welshace said should be fine and if I get any errors to verify cache to solve them.

I dont want to spend hours searching for players etc only to find I am experiencing problems and might need to verify cache and start new game. Thanks for the quick response guys.

• Administrators
So I do not actually ever need the DVD?

Not if you pre-installed the beta and updated your game with a code. Basically installing via disc means you wouldn't have to install as much, but would have had to wait until you physically got it.

Thanks Neil. I have a macbook game seems to have updated from beta to full version as the words beta are no longer on the title screen. I am just paranoid because Welshace said should be fine and if I get any errors to verify cache to solve them.

I dont want to spend hours searching for players etc only to find I am experiencing problems and might need to verify cache and start new game. Thanks for the quick response guys.

even if you get errors, your save should be fine :)

Archived