Compulsory Feedback

I really wish steam forced each FM player to, after say, playing a full season or a certain number of hours, take a few seconds out of their time to simply tick a box saying how satisfied they are with the game.

This can range from 'unplayable' to 'perfect' with 'good with minor bugs' and 'OK but quite a few bugs' in between. It would only take a second and if a player really wants to, they can go back and change their answer after playing many seasons if they feel their initial impression was wrong.

It would just give a nice statistical overview of how people feel. Right now, there are so many people on the forums hating the game and a few passionately defending it. But I feel it's impossible to gauge how people feel since most don't post on here. I'm just really curious what those stats would yield.

Anyway, that's my 'rant' :D

I know steam didn't make the game. I just thought it would be the easiest way to collect data. The feedback thread is a very long read, and I have read through it quite thoroughly. I still wish there was a way to give a percentage of totally dissatisfied customers to fully satisfied.

Plus you are going to see more bad comments than good on the forums because

1) the majority of FM fans are drama queens :p

2) people are more likely to post if they find something wrong, instead of playing happily and not wanting to post at all and just play

Chris, as one of the old crew I know you are a decent guy, but at this stage of some people being slighty frustrated with a buggy product perhaps patronising/smart/sarcasm aren't great additions to responses or advising.

The topic was about compulsory Steam feedback, the rest of it belongs in the feedback thread where it'll actually get read by SI staff.

I was pointing that out with attempted humour instead of just closing the thread.

I should add that I think it's an awful idea, only thing worse I can think of is the same for Civ.

The topic was about compulsory Steam feedback, the rest of it belongs in the feedback thread where it'll actually get read by SI staff.

I was pointing that out with attempted humour instead of just closing the thread.

I should add that I think it's an awful idea, only thing worse I can think of is the same for Civ.

I, for one, appreciate that - and yes, terrible idea.

• Administrators

Feedback by Steam would actually be a lot more cumbersome than how it works now, so I'm not so sure this is a good idea either personally.

Archived