Background Images in FM 13 - fix on the way

Sharpy07

I've got a lot of background pictures and they are really an important part of my gaming experience in FM. Without them I don't feel connected to the team and the games I'm playing. (2) !

using Steklo skin, and then go to background pictures in the skin folder, and remove one of the 6 pictures, and insert your club background ( and rename it to the same number which background you removed, this temorary would work. Keep the removed picture at your personal files until SI can sort this, to bring it back steklo folder.

I did this and worked 100%.

using Steklo skin, and then go to background pictures in the skin folder, and remove one of the 6 pictures, and insert your club background ( and rename it to the same number which background you removed, this temorary would work. Keep the removed picture at your personal files until SI can sort this, to bring it back steklo folder.

I did this and worked 100%.

you missunderstood situation....we don't want that...we want changing backgrounds...so on every teams squad screen you get background picture of their stadium

I think he was suggesting a temp workaround to change the default picture so you could have at least one background pic of your choice, not the full background changing solution.

yes i meant that exactly.

I'm one of those who can't feel the same game without backgrounds & skins etc.. but once you've your team background, it's far better than nothing IMO.

As some of you have seen, this issue has been reported in the bugs forum and it's looking good that a fix will appear with it being worked on as a priority. No timescales obviously, but hope you'll agree it's excellent news.

Great news! Not bothered about the time it takes at least now we know that sometime in the future we will have background images.

• SI Staff

A repeat if you haven't seen the bugs forum:

"We are working on this as a priority, it didn't make it into the hot fix today as a fix wasn't straightforward."

If someone does start a new thread in the skinning hideout, please tell them we are aware of it.

Is the matchday screen going to be customisable or will the match engine still be running in the background? I don't mind either way I probably won't be using them this year (happy enough with the smaller pics) it just means I might have to rename the files I've already got to the team ID before releasing anything.

Is the matchday screen going to be customisable or will the match engine still be running in the background? I don't mind either way I probably won't be using them this year (happy enough with the smaller pics) it just means I might have to rename the files I've already got to the team ID before releasing anything.

Don't know why they wouldn't be able to be used in the matchday screens geordie.

This is my matchday screen and as you can see backgrounds could be used here.

2012-11-06_00001.jpg

nah daz a rumor says by the end of this month

Im still waiting

piontless for us to make more is they dont fix the background issue

This could be my last year mate....lost motivation at the moment.....to be honest, not even enjoying the game.

can't get mine to work either grrrr

Radestock is the code changed in fm 13

in fm it was ex:

C:\Users\xxxx\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2013\graphics\pictures\backgrounds\CLUBS

for a club picture to show

thx in advance

I've just tried and see what you mean they don't show at all on Toms skin. With the default skin I only use stadium backgrounds on a matchday and they are sticking after the match has finished so looks like I won't be using backgrounds this year unless when Tom sorts out Steklo they don't stick.

Archived