What happens to the European places in my game?

Top four are City, Arsenal, United and Tottenham

5th is Liverpool, 6th is Everton and 7th is me, QPR.

Now. Tottenham won the Carling Cup so that would go to them but as they will qualify anyway it'll go to the runner up, Man United. They're already qualified as well so would that go to the 6th place team?

FA Cup is Bolton v Man United so that'll be Bolton in Europe.

If United win the Champions League against Bayern then what does that do to the European places?

Do United, City, Arsenal, Tottenham and Liverpool all qualify? Or does it stay as is.

Sorry if this is confusing.

You have to win the FA and Capital One cup to get in to Europe. Cardiff City IRL springs to mind.

As it stands:

City (Champ League)

Arsenal (Champ League)

United (Champ League)

Tottenham (Champ League)

Liverpool (UEFA)

Everton (UEFA, as Spurs won Capital One Cup)

QPR (UEFA, but only if Man United win in the FA Cup).

United winning the Champions League makes no difference as you can have no more than 4 teams in Champions League. It would only make a difference if they were outside the top 4, in which case 4th place would have to settle for UEFA. Spurs last season for example, as Chelsea who finished 6th won the Champions League and stole Spurs spot.

The real rule, and I think it it implemented correctly in the game, is if the winner doesn't qualify through his place in division then he takes the lowest team place. This happened in real life last season as Chelsea won CL and took Tottenhams 4th postion place.

As your situation is, it doesn't really matter if United win CL or not as they are in top 4 and will qualify anyways. So first european league place will go to Liverpool for 5th, Bolton For winners or Runners up to FA cup and Everton as both winner and runner up to League cup get places in CL.

Only way for 7th place to get Euro league, assuming it's not in the final of either cup, is if all the teams in both finals are in top 6, as Bolton isn't you are out of luck.

I'm pretty sure this is how it works.

At the end of the season (15-20 june if I recall) you get a Season Summary and at the bottom it says what teams get what place.

The real rule, and I think it it implemented correctly in the game, is if the winner doesn't qualify through his place in division then he takes the lowest team place. This happened in real life last season as Chelsea won CL and took Tottenhams 4th postion place.

As your situation is, it doesn't really matter if United win CL or not as they are in top 4 and will qualify anyways. So first european league place will go to Liverpool for 5th, Bolton For winners or Runners up to FA cup and Everton as both winner and runner up to League cup get places in CL.

Only way for 7th place to get Euro league, assuming it's not in the final of either cup, is if all the teams in both finals are in top 6, as Bolton isn't you are out of luck.

I'm pretty sure this is how it works.

At the end of the season (15-20 june if I recall) you get a Season Summary and at the bottom it says what teams get what place.

They take the lowest team's place, sort of. They get their spot in the CL, but they don't have to take the 4th place qualification place, all 4 advance direct to Group Stage.

OK looks like I was wrong about runners up of the FA Cup getting a European spot, but I'm certain you have to win the League Cup to get into Europe.

So that would leave your situation as....

City (Champ League)

Arsenal (Champ League)

United (Champ League)

Tottenham (Champ League)

Liverpool (UEFA)

Everton (UEFA, as Spurs won Capital One Cup)

QPR (No European spot)

So yes Kronik was correct.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived