Local Network Play...

Am i mistaken, or have they removed the facility to play locally over your network.

I share a flat with a friend, and we like to play FM together over our local network... So basically, the way i see it working now is we're basically connecting to each other via our mutual internet connection instead of directly over the network? Where is the logic in this? I cannot see any sort of facility for local play at all.

The local network game is mentioned in the manual but not included in the game - GET IT IN THERE...

My friends and I has been playing local network games for a couple of years now.. Fm2013 does not have this feature - we want it back.

The online feature in fm2013 is surely good - but when we play 8 persons it is not working at all - the internetconnection is not fast enough to letting 8 players play on one internetconnection!!

GIVE US BACK THE LOCAL NETWORK PLAY..

This was a great option as we used to play it with an offline router in a flat that had no internet, didn't matter about being connected to the internet as we were all still connected to the router, it seemed a lot faster too. A feature that I really miss and hope returns soon, once the bugs in the network are fixed though

The local network game is mentioned in the manual but not included in the game - GET IT IN THERE...

My friends and I has been playing local network games for a couple of years now.. Fm2013 does not have this feature - we want it back.

The online feature in fm2013 is surely good - but when we play 8 persons it is not working at all - the internetconnection is not fast enough to letting 8 players play on one internetconnection!!

GIVE US BACK THE LOCAL NETWORK PLAY..

GIVE US BACK THE LOCAL NETWORK PLAY !!!!!!!!!!!!! :thup:

so sick local network is gone... seems like a major bug... seems like network games havnt been tested at all. Please bring back local network game! Cant believe its not there!

A feature left out is not a bug. It is exactly that: a feature left out.

People over-use and abuse the word 'bug' so much these days... :rolleyes:

ha, so how do u explain it says in the manual we can play local network? Please get ur stuff right dude! So its not like they left it out, they forgot to test if it worked. So as i said, its a bug dude!

Dont flipflop the words when ur wrong!

1. Learn to write in English.

2. Learn to use correct grammar.

3. If anything, the only 'bug' is that they left the description in the manual from previous iterations of the game after removing the feature.

3. If anything, the only 'bug' is that they left the description in the manual from previous iterations of the game after removing the feature.

Points 1 and 2, I agree.

Point 3 - leaving it in the manual and so on does give grounds to a reasonable level of expectation from the paying customer to have that capability. Not quite the same leaving it in the manual as using it in advertising, but I'm pretty sure that some kind of minimum standard of expecation applies.

Points 1 and 2, I agree.

Point 3 - leaving it in the manual and so on does give grounds to a reasonable level of expectation from the paying customer to have that capability. Not quite the same leaving it in the manual as using it in advertising, but I'm pretty sure that some kind of minimum standard of expecation applies.

Granted on point 3, but at the same time, it isn't a bug, merely an oversight.

lol im not english, and i dont care about if i dont write correct or use correct gramma dude. Sorry we all werent born with ur skills in language dude! But i see, its so important. Its like u couldnt understand what i meant right? Get a clue dude!

But nice try and that was rly important to bring up in context to the thread... Did someone say TROLL?

GL to u, u seem like a nice guy lol!

lol im not english, and i dont care about if i dont write correct or use correct gramma dude. Sorry we all werent born with ur skills in language dude!

But nice try and that was rly important to bring up in context to the thread... Did someone say TROLL?

GL to u, u seem like a nice guy lol!

I'd be trolling if I didn't allude to the third point. But the third point is completely valid and justifies the point of the post.

Troll is another over-used word.

Nice derail TacticalGenius. And thank u for mentioning my bad english. Im sure SI look at that to, lol. Cause thats a bug they rly care about fixing! lolololol

Although I regret this thread has gone wildly off topic, I just want to clarify a small point.

I don't think anybody truly cares if someone who doesn't speak English as a first language makes errors in their English. What annoys people is when you write with terms what make you sound like an 8 year old. There would include 'u', 'lololololol', as well as totally uneccessary references to 'trolling', 'flaming' and the attempt at a patronising 'good luck dude'. All of these devalue any otherwise very valid point you have by making you sound like a sarcastic little child. Ok, perhaps that is a bit harsh, it makes you sound like Ashley Cole.

Hopefully now we can return to the issue of the missing network play

Although I regret this thread has gone wildly off topic, I just want to clarify a small point.

I don't think anybody truly cares if someone who doesn't speak English as a first language makes errors in their English. What annoys people is when you write with terms what make you sound like an 8 year old. There would include 'u', 'lololololol', as well as totally uneccessary references to 'trolling', 'flaming' and the attempt at a patronising 'good luck dude'. All of these devalue any otherwise very valid point you have by making you sound like a sarcastic little child. Ok, perhaps that is a bit harsh, it makes you sound like Ashley Cole.

Hopefully now we can return to the issue of the missing network play

^it still dosnt take away he pointed it out way before i started giving him back... So u can do whatever, say whatever. Im right, his wrong! Im out of here dude lol

Point still is, and has been from the start: Network games need to be solved and that remains a fact even tho my english is bad lololololol

And who the **** cares about wording, if its a missed feature or a bug, fact still is, it should be in the game as it always has.

^it still dosnt take away he pointed it out way before i started giving him back... So u can do whatever, say whatever. Im right, his wrong! Im out of here lol

Network games need to be solved and that remains a fact even tho my english is bad lololololol

You've not proved me wrong. My point that it is a feature left out and not a bug is still the most valid hypothesis at the current time, until SI prove otherwise.

The game can only be played within a network via 'Steam' - there is no 'offline' network mode in FM13.

Does that mean that there is no more 'join network game' option in the game that doesn't require Steam?

So far one of us hosted the game (loaded it up at his place), mailed us his IP via AIM and we could join by entering that in the respective column. Is that not possible anymore? Is there any way to make sure that our network game can remain as private as before (i.e. nobody but the three guys of us can join it) if we have to go through Steam?

Why take away the local network gaming(LAN)..

Me and my friends loved to play FM together at my place - Now we will have to play the FM2012 version.

I consider this as a "brain-bug"....

You have <snip> this feature up in FM 2013 - you can still make it up - GIVE US BACK THE LOCAL NETWORK PLAY

Archived