Help US help YOU

Look, I know this is very Gerry Maguire..... and I'm likely to land myself in trouble with MR Cleon ..... BUT....

Please for the love of God, if you want help from the forums please please help us to help you. If you post crap, expect crap back, if you put effort in expect effort back.

I am far from an expert on this game, but I want to help where I can but sometimes I just read a thread and thing.... well, you couldn't be bothered, so nor can I......

You got problems with your tactic... then post it, problems with corners, post your setup. Problems with red cards, post your tackling and pressure settings and so on and so on...........

Really.... it will make a difference to the reply you get.

Regards

LAM

I totally agree, you can't really help someone if all they do is generalize the issue. The match engine isn't a cut and dry piece of cake. There are so many elements involved that half the time I am just guessing what could be wrong. The more information is posted the better the response.

and I'm likely to land myself in trouble with MR Cleon

You are practically asking for it, don't you? :D

Generally you are right there seem to be too many people who still believe there is a magic formula to success in this game, they want a "just play wide and fast and tick counter attacks with a low d-line and you will win the league without problems" reply, while not realizing that the game has (probably, I know some sneaky ******* will find a tactic that will expose the ME weaknesses again) moved beyond that and plug&play tactics seem to be slowly dying.

But I guess they will just have to wait until FuSS, Mr. Hough, Tactikzz or someone else find a way to break the ME again and give you a tactic that will win you everything.

Why would you get into trouble off me, am I really that bad :(:D

I'm actually trying to update the forum rules to include a rough template on how to post asking for help to make it easier for those who might not understand. It is a bit annoying and frustrating seeing people post asking for help yet offer no details or anything. I feel bad closing down threads like this as the person probablt does need genuine help. However if they lack the details then I've got no other choice.

I would have had the rules updated by now by my Paysandu save game on FM13 is distracting me :D

Gotta get radical like the old days mate, if people wanna moan and put up a thread with no information. Instant closure is fine, they can go moan on GQ and feel Ackters whip lol

You gotta love the hate threads/PM's you get. You must miss those? :D

Hopefully I'll have the new rules and guidelines up in a short while, I'm finishing them off now :)

Archived