The Passing Game

Hi Guys, first post and first year playing Football Manager.:thup:

Im trying to build my game on pass pass pass pass pass. High possesion and when i create a chance its a quality chance. Im playing as Fulham so obviously for a few years I wont have 100% the team i want so cant expect the finished results of bordering on Total Football.

Im more interested in building a tactic first and then putting it into play so i have been playing 5 games in a row repeatidly tweeking different things.

Firstly my formation and team.

Schwarzer

Reither Hangeland Paletta Riise

Diarra(MC) Pedro(MC)

Ruiz (AMR) Wellington (AMC) Drenthe (AML)

Berbatov

A very nice attacking team, possesion wise im averaging around 60% with a considerable more passes than the opposition, but NOT ENOUGH. MY two MC Diarra & Pedro seem to the key guys in the passing area and most passes are high up the pitch to cause the opposition to sweat.

Ruiz & Berbatov are my two main men 100% HOWEVER in my last game V Norwich @ Home (2-2 draw) Ruiz had - 11 Passes & Berbatov had 12............that was the lowest on my team......how can i look to get these guys involved in more of the action ?

My defending seems pretty slack as well, i have played 5 games and in each i have conceded a goal or more....2-2 v Norwich at home should NOT be happening. Im not too familiar with everything and want to keep my team passing but close out the leaked goals better.

A few other questions as well:

How do i make my team pass more ? I have slow tempo, short passing etc etc but just want players to be making 100+ passes.

How can i improve possesion averaging 60% but want to take it to another level 65% then 70%.....

We'll need a bit more information so we need the following:

Your team instructions & your player instructions.

Any tweaks and selected playmaker & target man (and supply).

Any stats from games that are relevant.

Archived