Need advice on cheap but still prem quality players.

Carradona

I have by some sort of miracle (no cheating whatsoever actually) managed to get Wrexham to the premiership in the year 2011.

Im having real problems finding good enough players to sign, and preferrably not too expensive!

Does anyone have any suggestions on countries I could scout for cheapish rough gems who'd sign for a team very likely to go back down to the championship?

Unfortunately you're 4 years into the game now mate and its pretty much impossible for anybody to tell you who you can buy because there's no way for us to where a player is, how he's developed and how much he'll cost.

You best bet atm is to go to the bigger clubs around the world and have a look at their reserves to see who you can find. Actually, forget the bigger clubs, go to just about any mid-table club you can think of as well and have a look in their reserves. Any player listed as "hot prospect", "decent young player", "not needed" will be available for loan for sure. Or they might even be available to buy cheap.

Also, go to the player searc screen and search for all transfer listed players and also all players whose contracts have expired. Just check the option at the bottom where it says "ask assistant to filter unrealistic targets" and then look through the players that come up. Those players will be willing to come to you so you'll have to go through them and see who you think can help.

Loaning will remain your best option however imo. Also, go to the search screen and then make a filter for all player 31 and over. These players would usually be available cheap as their clubs want to let them go because they're ageing and not needed anymore. You will find quite a few many useful players like this who might help you a season or two.

I'm afraid you'll have to do all the work yourself dude. If you were in season 1 or 2, its easy to advise on who to buy. From season 3 onwards it starts becoming very hard to tell you who to get ESPECIALLY if you're looking for cheap players.

Good luck. :thup:

I just recently brought Spezia into Serie A. I had trouble signing players as well. Hopefully you have some good regens that have been developing the last few years. Send your scouts to Romania, found some good players there, have one towering striker regen that is going to be awesome. Also, have a couple good players from Finland and Iceland.

Archived