[FM13] Phoenix from the Flames...

killakerr

Oh what a cheesy title thread I hear you all say! Which sleeping giant will this fool take over for his story you ask? Leeds United? Nottingham Forest? Aston Villa? Well... None, actually. In fact, the title of this thread has nothing to do with any football club. It's all about me. In Football Manager 2010, I was successful and I enjoyed it, however 2011 and 2012 were both struggles. I hardly won any trophies, I could barely grasp either game and could never emulate my own greatness from 2010. But I refuse to quit! And I hope to take everyone on an extraordinary journeyman tale that will love on for ever. A story that you will tell your grandchildren about. A story in which football history will be re-written (definitely will be, not necessarily by me, but it will be re-written).

I will start unemploed in England, in June 2012. The loaded leagues are as followed:

Argentina (Premier Division to Second Division)

Australia (Hyundai A-League)

Belgium (Pro League to Third Division)

Brazil (First Division to Second Division)

Denmark (Superliga to Second Division)

England (Premier Division to Blue Sqaure N/S)

France (Ligue 1 to National)

Germany (First Division to Second Division)

Greece (Superleague to National B Division)

Holland (Eredivisie to Jupiler League)

Ireland (Premier Division to First Division)

Israel (Premier League to National League)

Italy (Serie 'A' to Serie 'B')

Northern Ireland (Danske Bank Premier to Second Division)

Norway (Premier Division to First Division)

Portugal (Premier League to Second League)

Russia (Premier Division to First Division)

Scotland (Premier League to Third Division)

Spain (LIGA BBVA to LIGA adelante)

Sweden (Premier Division to First Division Elite)

Switzerland (Super League to Challenge League)

Turkey (Premier Division to First Division)

U.S.A (MLS)

Wales (Corbett Sports Welsh Premier)

So, the long road begins, where will I being... Where will I finish? More importantly... Will I rise again?

And the first club is...

Athlone Town, Irish First Division

Rather happy with this actually. The Irish league is halfway through at this point in time and the side are currently second bottom. We cannot be relegated in this league and my contract is only a year long (for now) anyway. I think this will be a good chance to try a different combination of tactics. Despite currently being second bottom (avoiding the bottom of the table by virtue of gold difference) the board still expects a mid table finish. It's going to be tough to help achieve the boards goal, especially when your first game in charge is second place Limerick F.C.

July Fixture Roundup:

Athlone Town 2 - 2 Limerick F.C.

Based solely on the difference between the two sides in the league, I'd say this was a very impressive first outing for me as manager. Despite falling behind early in the first half, we came back to lead 2-1 at half time. Intending to hold on to our lead, we went defensive and, my tactical blunder, allowed a Limerick onslaught which was rewarded with a late goal. Disappointing to drop two points after leading for most of the match but an inspiring point nevertheless!

Athlone Town 2 - 0 Wexford

The first win! And a great win too! Wexford are (were) the team just above us in the table, this win put's us up from 7th to 6th and we can hopefully pull away from the bottom two here. I'm hoping the team will start to keep the ball a bit better in the future, but two goals from two clear cut chances is fantastic finishing!

August Results:

Mervue United 0 v 2 Athlone Town

SD Galway 1 v 1 Athlone Town

Athlone Town 2 v 0 Waterford United

So at the end of my second month in charge of Athlone Town, we are cuurently still unbeaten with three wins in five games. Currently I'm try out a 4-4-1-1 formation and I think I may well stick with this unless there is a major dip in form.

League Table

Archived