Training new formations - advice appreciated

At start of pre-season I set up 3 different tactics and set training to heavy with focus on tactics. Match preparation bar moved to far left and match preparation of tactics chosen . Nearing start of season now and all aspects of the 3 tactics are fluid apart from formation and mentality - shown as competent for each tactic. Do these just take longer to become fluid or do I need to focus training on something different? Teamwork ? Advice on quickest way to train up 3 new tactics to fluid appreciated.

Played about seven friendlies and was hoping to be "fully fluid" by now. Seems to be taking longer than FM12. Will persevere and try team cohesion/teamwork.....Thanks for suggestion. Season starts in 2 weeks so not long to go...

From what I understand the heavy focus on tactics have nothing to do with your tactic in that sense alll that does is train your players in the tactical skills, so the heavy workload here might even hinder you but I'm unsure about that.

Anyway what works for me is learn 1 tactic at a time.. Input only 1 tactic when full/close to full add your second tactic and so on this have so far gone much faster for me.

I think part of them 'forgetting' formations between seasons is, apart from too much cake beer and sex, is often we armchair managers buy and sell players. I know I'm a sucker for a good deal, thus they have to learn the formation and bring the 'average' knowledge down. At least, thats how I always saw it. I could be HUGELY wrong.

Played about seven friendlies and was hoping to be "fully fluid" by now. Seems to be taking longer than FM12. Will persevere and try team cohesion/teamwork.....Thanks for suggestion. Season starts in 2 weeks so not long to go...

You have grand aspirations Sir...... three tactics to be fully fluid by seasons first game :)

To be fair, it sounds as though you have done incredibly well so far.

I tend to use:

General Training - Fitness - Average/High until the first game of the season, then I switch to Team Cohesion.

Match Training - Tactics Only - 20-30% or so.

In relation to tactics I generally will only really use a 442 and I tend to train two varieties of it. One is that I will start with in every game, the other tries to replicate the settings I use when I start attacking in a game + other odd changes. So, I will increase the width, tempo, more direct passing, hard tackling and man marking.... all of which are opposite to my default setup.

The reason for this is that I want my team to understand all aspects of their tactics. Some say it doesnt matter when you use shouts to change your tactics. I, without proof, disagree.

However, there are times where I think I will start moving to a new tactic and once I am certain this will happen, I start to train that tactic, regardless if I have the players for it or not.

So, if I am three quarters of the way through a season and think that I will move to a 4231 or a 41221 (433), then I will set that up at that point and start training. Obviously at this stage you can only train three tactics at a time, so I would have two 442's running and one 4231 running. By the time the next season rolls around, even with the break, your team are fairly familiar with it. When this happens, I would drop the 2nd of my 442's and add another 4231.

Hope that makes sense.

Regards

LAM

ps.... playing the formations improves their learning far quicker.

Also, I'd imagine this time round, with more tactics, the demand on training time to maintain their udnerstanding might be higher. Though, that is pure speculation.

Archived