Work permit For Oscar Cardoza

ziotree

hi lads im having trouble getting a work permit for oscar cardozo

im Tottenham in the second season and agreed to buy cardozo for 11.5 million. i thought he would get a work permit no problem as he has 17 caps and played the past few times for paraguay but even on appeal the work permit was turned down.

In the end i signed him anyway and he is currently playing for my polish affiliate.

Can anyone shed any light why despite having 17 caps he didnt get a work permit or when i might be able to offer him a contract so he can start playing for me as im short of strikers and 3 years for polish nationality is a long time to wait

thanks for your help it is much appreciated

by the way sorry if i have posted in the wrong forum

Just because he has played 17 times for his nation has nothing to do with anything.

For a player to get work permit, he generally needs to have appeared in 75% of his nations games over the past 2 years, except in exceptional circumstances where a club pleads its case to the Home Office claiming that the player will be of huge influence to the club/sport in the country, (i.e. Anderson going to Manchester United). This unfortunately is not represented in FM.

All you can really do is leave him at your Polish feeder and keep offering him new contracts until he is granted a work permit.

Archived