director of football – what does he do?

The manual has two mentions of the new feature.

One of these is: "Staff roles: A host of new staff roles, including a director of football who can help out with the parts of running the club that you don't want to do yourself."

I feel overwhelmed by the lack of information.

Edit: Thanks for editing my post, now I know what to think of your forum.

You can set the DoF to take over certain things at the club,I have mine set to sell unwanted players.

You can also set him to handle contracts and look for players and staff and quite a few other things besides.

I just use mine to sell players as I find that a pain to do myself,everything else I handle myself.

Edit-

Under "Staff Responsibilities" and you get this screen and you can then change certain things so the DoF takes charge of it.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=106824916

As daylight has said...

The main use of a DOF (which was explained in detail on here and in a video blog before release, but you are correct, the manual needs improving) is to handle negotiations for you, in regards to selling players, targeting players etc

At the moment my DoF just fails at getting rid of people and pops up every now and then to tell me talks have broken down with yet another potential signing because I have no money.

It feels like I have Rick parry in charge all over again.

If it helps, Les Reed is my DOF at Southampton. And so far he's managed to sell off 3 players I've asked him too for full price and loaned out all 8 players I had on my development list..

He tends to target players I deem not good enough but that's easily canceled and he is just trying to plug the gap between my first team keeper and my 3rd choice with an adequate 2nd choice... he doesn't really have the best stats though so it's not really his fault... the eejit.

What's the difference between signing a DoF and just making another member of staff have those responsibilities? As on the screen you can just make as Ass Man or even Chairman do those things probably with similar outcomes

I found (only been trying the demo) that he likes to release all youth players who are on contracts with no expire date. He does that on every new game i start on the first day. So my U19 squad only has 5 players left.

Not really sure if that is intended or why he does it. But if it is, be careful about letting him handle contracts ;)

I'm not convinced on the DoF. He doesn't do anything that I can't do, just select all the junk players offer out at value - exactly what the DoF does. Then the obvious next thing to do is 'sell at anyprice' which, usually is a £0 bid anyway because, if you're not getting on value bids or 75-50% bids then no one's really going to be interested in your players full stop. It's something that needs working on. There's a general lack of moderate transfers. I don't know why the 500k valued player doesn't seem to get flogged for a bargain 250k when he's on the list.

I can't find a way to get my DoF to update me on recruitment. In the Staff responsibility section, if you go to Personal Assistany, at the bottom you can select which of your staff updates you in various areas (Backroom Advice), one being recruitment, however, I can't find my DoF in the list.

Does any one know how to do this? Is it even possible?

Archived