End of first season, promoted to Prem, who to buy???

-TonyVain-

Just taken control of Charlton at the end of the first season and they will be in the Premiership next season. The main problem is that most of their players who have performed well are the ones on loan! I have £1m in the transfer kitty at the moment but I'm guessing that will be increased to £10m or so once officially promoted to the Prem.

Current team (not counting players in on loan):

GK - Weaver

DR - Moutaouakil

DC - Semedo

DC - Fortune/Thatcher

DL - Thatcher/Youga

MR - Ambrose

MC - Racon/Josh Wright

MC - Holland/Zheng Zhi

ML - Jerome Thomas

FC - Todorov

FC - Varney

The one transfer I have managed to arrange is Kalouda to play right wing (costing me £350k).

Most of the cheap stars have already moved clubs - Piatti, Buonanotte, Angulo, Stelvio, Alejandro Gomez, Mihelic, etc etc.

I'm planning to try to loan Ched Evans and Daniel Sturridge, and also gonna look at the reserve teams of the big four as per usual.

Any suggestions for any positions (particularly GK and defence!) are welcome.

Thanks!

-TV-

Goalkeeper: Costil, Eneyama, Remy Roiu

Defence: Vidal, Cahais (Can turn out quite good), Fazio (However I doubt you will get him on your budget but worth a look), Bellaid, Muntori (Can become a good lil' left back)

If you need a backup DM have a look at Stelvio (Think I got the spelling right)

Loan's and proven EPL players will also be worth looking at.

Charlton Athletic

Might be worth posting in there, and hopefully any one who has played a save with Charlton can also give you advice :)

james morrison, MC have him in my Bremwich team.

His going to be a gun.

But i dont know if hes out of your price range.?

Will take a look at him, thanks!

in defence, arturo vidal

goal keeper, try kuszack or eneyama

also, luis jiminez for cm

Good goalkeeper advice, I will check to see if Vidal has already moved or not. Jimenez already agreed to sign for Hamburg. Thanks.

Goalkeeper: Costil, Eneyama, Remy Roiu

Defence: Vidal, Cahais (Can turn out quite good), Fazio (However I doubt you will get him on your budget but worth a look), Bellaid, Muntori (Can become a good lil' left back)

If you need a backup DM have a look at Stelvio (Think I got the spelling right)

Loan's and proven EPL players will also be worth looking at.

Charlton Athletic

Might be worth posting in there, and hopefully any one who has played a save with Charlton can also give you advice :)

Not sure Bellaid will come, Stelvio has already moved to Man City. Never knew there was a Charlton thread so thanks for that and I will take a look at the other players you suggested – thanks Hopey.

Pele DC, DM from Inter

Also, see if you can pry Materazzi from them as well.

For the mid try for Ignacio Piatti from Argentina

Will check out Pele.. see if Materazzi is interested and if I can match his wage demands. I've never heard of Ignacio Piatti but the other Piatti has already moved clubs, I will check this guy out though.

Thanks for the feedback people!

-TV-

Try getting Billy Sharp that boy just loves to score and depending on how much you have to spend some quality loans would be the way to go! Ben Sahar is a good start! Like Arcturus says Pizarro will do a job and Luis Jiminez is quality and could get him for 2.5mil providing hes not gone back to his parent club yet.

Hope that helps

not sure about LB, but for DC try Gioda, still my first choice for my QPR team in 2011/12 season.

Other people have suggested Vidal to you,however im pretty sure he will take up most of your transfer budget.

For GK try Jose Rafael Alamo, not many people rate him, but with the right coaches and giving him matches he turns out really solid. If not then Jaaskalienen (sp), Schmeichel (may be a bit much).

Also check who has been relegated from the Prem and try and get any players that you think will do well for you from them on the cheap!

LB - Try Eduardo from Botafogo. Quality and very versatile player. IMO, his best position is LB. Usually available pretty cheap.

CB - Get Matt Hill. He's a LB but has got all the stats to play CB iirc. And he'll also provide solid defensive cover for LB. You'll need him there when you come up against the likes of Ronaldo etc. Also, try Luizao from Vasco. Good player at the start and only gets better. I got him for 3M in season 1. Not sure how much he'll go for thereafter. You could try to sign Boulahrouz on loan as he's usually listed at Chelsea or is a backup there. Doubt he'll want to sign for you though.

• 2 months later...

I would say Rafael Forster for LB he might have his 425k release clause still and Walter Garcia or Scott Cuthbert for CB, Garica is quality already and Scott Cuthbert can become extrememly good he is first choice in my prem and quad winning Crewe team. For the GK I would try for Joe Hart I have had him on a couple of games for around £5 million with teams that have a pretty low rep could be worth a shot. If not then go for Enyeama or Lobont. Take a look at Cassio aswell he is wicked but might struggle to get a work permit. If you need another ST then I would loan them in like you are planning but take a look at Zarate he scores loads in any league and should be pretty cheap aswell. Or go for Thil he is getting on a bit but is capable of scoring tonnes. Stancu is worth a look aswell.

How did Varney do for you I miss him as I go watch Crewe I wish we still had him.

Archived