Asking for a wage contribution

Whenever i sell a player, if the buying club offers less wages the player always comes to ask for me to pay towards it till his contract is ended, But whenever i try to buy a player i can never ask the selling club to help pay towards the players wages? As can never afford some players wages...Can this be introduced to the next FM?

Whenever i sell a player, if the buying club offers less wages the player always comes to ask for me to pay towards it till his contract is ended, But whenever i try to buy a player i can never ask the selling club to help pay towards the players wages? As can never afford some players wages...Can this be introduced to the next FM?

I like this idea and it is something that I want to see in the next Football Manager. :thup:

I get what your saying and I like it, but if the other club is offering less than what that person is making already, it's likely because they can't afford his full salary. So I dont think they'd then pay the difference as they might as well of offered that in the first place

I might be wrong but i'm sure someone posted somewhere yesterday saying there DOF managed to do this when signing a player for his club, i'll try find post.. in saying that if it is true makes no sense player can't do this him self

I get what your saying and I like it, but if the other club is offering less than what that person is making already, it's likely because they can't afford his full salary. So I dont think they'd then pay the difference as they might as well of offered that in the first place

Well ive had clubs offer less than what he's on at mine, and yet some of there players are on much more than what my player is at my team.....just be nice if they put this in the next game

What he is saying is When You Sell a player and Other Club offer contract, player asks YOUR club to top up wages, till end of his deal at your club. OP is asking why we cant ask that of other clubs, but It would be down to player.

What he is saying is When You Sell a player and Other Club offer contract, player asks YOUR club to top up wages, till end of his deal at your club. OP is asking why we cant ask that of other clubs, but It would be down to player.

Sorry completely misunderstood! yes definately would be a good feature!

Are you sure this isnt taken into consideration in the player demands? I mean you wouldn't need to see this as it's between the player and his old club. All you'd be interested in was the players demands to your club.

I've signed quite a few players from clubs and they've taken large pay cuts but i dont think you can check the other club's current transfer clauses to see if this is the case.

I really wouldnt be suprised if this was a "silent" feature.

This already happens and has been in FM for several versions already.

Its not up to you to ask the selling club to pay part of the wages, it is the player you are signing that requests it. I have a screenshot at home from FM09 or was it FM10 where a player I signed requested it and his previous club paid part of his wages.

It has been in the last few versions we just haven't had any control over it.

What would be nice would be the chance to negotiate this with the player - currently if a player requests wage contributions you have the choice to a) accept his request and the deal goes through or b) reject his request and the deal falls through.

Ideally there should be a 3rd option where you could negotiate the amount - for e.g. as manager of Newcastle I currently have Xisco on £50k wages with 1 year left on his contract - he is not wanted by the club and according to news reports wants to leave himself, however when I try and sell him he comes back with requests of between £20 and £30k salary in order to move. In this situation a negotiation where I offer to pay £10-15k salary would probably be enough for the player in real life as he would be getting a longer term contract a his new club as well as 1st team football, however we cannot do this in game.

I can confirm it is in the game, but have only seen it happen two or three times since FM09. It should be more likely to happen, players who are likely to have this accepted should have lower demands with a note on screen that this is subject to the current team contributing. It is then up to you whether to offer more to make sure you get them or less in the hope the current team agrees.

I can confirm it is in the game, but have only seen it happen two or three times since FM09. It should be more likely to happen, players who are likely to have this accepted should have lower demands with a note on screen that this is subject to the current team contributing. It is then up to you whether to offer more to make sure you get them or less in the hope the current team agrees.

Ive never seen it happen in mine, thats why i asked about it in the forum, about putting it in next season's game

Archived